Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, It will be tough, yes, it will be labored game but at the end of the day and as we witnessed in the last WC , Iran vs Argentina game or even Iran vs Bosnia, experience and professionalism makes hell of a difference, and this is where Iran is vastly superior to Iraq. Based on this , we will be triumphant.

Goooooo TM!!!

Comment

By the way, Nekounam will tie Ali Daei's record of most capped team melli player in the game against Iraq. He will play his 149 game for Team Melli. Man, what a career. Let's hope he will reach the record of 151 game for TM in 10 days.

This man gave all for Team Melli and Iran. Thank you, Captain Javad.

Comment

We have 3 players in the current squad who have previously scored against Iraq: Nekounam in 2004, Hosseini in 2010 and Azmoun in 2015. Noteworthy that Hashem would have been the 4th player if he hadn't been injured. That goal came in 2007.

Younis is the only player from the current Iraq squad to have scored against Iran. That was in the last Asian Cup in 2011.

On this front at least: Iran 3 - Iraq 1

Comment

Head to Head Record:

Games played: 24
          Iran Won / Lost: 14 / 4
          Tied: 6
          Iran GF / GA: 33 / 16

Competitive games played: 12
          Iran Won / Lost: 8 / 2
          Tied: 2
          Iran GF / GA: 20 / 7

Last Iran win: January 2015
          Last competitive Iran win: Asian Cup 2011

Last Iraq win: LG Cup 2003
          Last competitive Iraq win: 1996 Asian Cup!!!

Current streak: Iran have won the last 4 games (GF/GA: 7/3) and also the last 4 competitive games (GF/GA: 7/3)

Other interesting Facts & Tidbits

Parvin & Mayeli-Kohan are the only two TM coaches to have lost a competitive game to Iraq. Those two losses came in two consecutive meetings between the two teams in October 93 and December 96.

The only other two coaches to have lost games to Iraq where Hossein Fekri in 1962 and Homayoon Shahrokhi in 2003, who was just a caretaker coach and recorded our last loss to Iraq.

Since that last loss in 2003, TM has defeated Iraq under 5 different coaches, 2 with our "B" team! The records in reverse chronological order are:

CQ: 1 Win (w/ "B" team)
          Ghotbi: 2 Wins
          Mazloumi: 1 Win, 1 Tie (both w/ "B" team)
          Ghalenoi: 1W
          Branko: 2 Wins

Comment

Man, I can't believe I had to dig this thread up from the bottom of the 2nd page with just over 12 hours to the game - pull yourselves together boys!!!

Some Updates on TM, Iraq and the game:

* Iraq had to cancel their last practice session on the actual game field and move it elsewhere! This is after they had to cancel their practice session altogether yesterday!

* The last TM practice on the actual game field was conducted with no problems and all TM players were present.

* The head of the Iraqi football federation has said that he hopes the final is between Iraq and UAE!!!

* All TM players have received their $4,000 bonus for reaching the quarterfinals.

* 16,000 tickets have been sold for tonight's game [stadium capacity is 25,000, so it seems that reports of the game being sold out of Iraqis having bought 12,000 tickets is highly exaggerated]

* Gucci: Iraq is stronger than our group opponents. I will not discuss anything that gives away Iran's secret strategy for this game.

* Nekou: I'm not thinking about breaking Daei's record. All the players have done amazingly in recovering and there's no excuses for the game against Iraq because everyone is at 100%.

* CQ: Iraq is a good team and we will not be underestimating them. They played two games before the tournament while they played 10, but playing them in a friendly made us more familiar with them. I have emphasized to my players that the winner of this game takes all and the loser will go home, so they have to focus, fight and enjoy the game. So, if they don't let their emotion run out of control, they can get a good result.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
              Man, I can't believe I had to dig this thread up from the bottom of the 2nd page with just over 12 hours to the game!!!

Some Updates on TM, Iraq and the game:

* Iraq had to cancel their last practice session on the actual game field and move it elsewhere! This is after they had to cancel their practice session altogether yesterday!

* The last TM practice on the actual game field was conducted with no problems and all TM players were present.

* The head of the Iraqi football federation has said that he hopes the final is between Iraq and UAE!!!

* All TM players have received their $4,000 bonus for reaching the quarterfinals.

Thank you for updates Bi-Honar jaan

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                Thank you for updates Bi-Honar jaan
                YW bro. Added some more to the previous post.

Oh, I almost forgot the BIG ONE: Iran remains undefeated in the Asian Cup against Arab teams for 18 years!!!

Hope we make it 22 years with this one (if UAE goes out before the final)

Comment

I think that he should use energy to prepare his players for the Iranian Bulldozer

Shenaishil: Iraq must temper emotions

Iraq coach Radhi Shenaishil has urged his squad to temper their emotion with an Asian Cup quarter-final tie against Iran on the horizon.

Radhi Shenaishil has urged his Iraq side to keep their emotions in check during Friday's Asian Cup quarter-final with Iraq.

The 2007 victors ensured a runners-up berth in Group D thanks to a 2-0 victory over Palestine in Canberra on Tuesday.

Iraq return to the Australian capital to meet rivals Iran, who topped Group C with maximum points.

The encounter is a difficult one on paper, but head coach Shenaishil is confident of reaching the last four and has urged Iraq to put on a show.

"Both teams, Iran and Iraq, will be telling their players to have a quality match and forget emotions," the former Iraq international said.

"There's history between the two teams and Iran have similar football school as Iraq, a same style of football.

"I played in 1993 when we beat Iran 2-1. They are a very good team especially in the early 1970s when they were at a high level.

"I want to see a quality match and not powerful tackles.

"We are in the quarter-final and we want to give the right impression of the football in Asia, the quality in Asia."

http://nr.soccerway.com/news/2015/Ja...tions/n534530/

Comment

Video of CQ & Nekou's news conference:

http://video.varzesh3.com/iran/صحبتهای-کیروش-و-نکونام-قبل-بازی-با-عراق/

V
                    ideo of TM's last practice:

http://video.varzesh3.com/iran/%D8%A...5%D9%84%DB%8C/

Comment

Iraq's formation has been announced..

Jalah Hossein, Durgham Ismail, Salam Shaker, Ahmed Ibrahim, Walid Salem, Yasser Qassem, Saad Abdul Amir, Ali Adnan, Ahmad Yassine, Justin Miriam, Alaa Abdul Zahra.

Younis Mahmoud is benched, they are going to be dangerous through Ahmad Yassine on the right and Ali Adnan on the left. Justin Miriam is also a technically gifted player and has excellent dribbling skills.

Comment

very narrow win for Iran 2-1

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                          very narrow win for Iran 2-1
                          you predicted very big wins for iran in the group stages and they ended up narrow so i guess this means iran will win big

Comment

Weather Conditions & forecast for Canberra

Comment

LOL

Yes you are correct i sure hope i am wrong this time

Comment

Japan, Iran shun favouritism in Asian Cup
                                http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...-1227193986822

Comment

Working...
                                X