Iran vs. Iraq Friendly Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
    Just please don't go bonkers over the result of this friendly.

People always say they don't care about the result of friendlies but then go crazy with rage if we lose.

Just keep in mind that this will not be a 120% high tempo , rough tackling game. Nobody wants to get hurt right before the big tourney. We just want to implement our strategy as best we can and observe as much as we can from this game. Nothing too serious.

Reminder: We lost 3-1 to Oman in a friendly right before our 3 WCQ's... the way our team played was night and day difference vs Oman compared to the last 3 games.
    i agree i dont smell 0-0 also, plus CQ might use two different halfs and use different tactics to see which one is better for tm, so the result might not be relevant , but of course no team want to head to thier first game with a lost, but the players dont wanna push to hard and get injured

Comment

Here is a good HD quality of Iran vs Argentina for those of you who forgot how good Iran can get.. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trwzahTNRI8

Comment

Although this is just a friendly match, I'd be very surprised if we lose/draw to Iraq. This Iraqi team is very young (average age 22.9), and 70% of their goals (in their squad) have come from Younis Mahmoud.

Comment

Iraq current squad is mostly made up of 2013 under 20 WC players which did really well and surprised everyone in that tournament.

That young squad vs Australia in 2013 in the last match of WCQ and we barely bet them by one goal in latter stages of the game.

I respect them as a very talented squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
            Here is a good HD quality of Iran vs Argentina for those of you who forgot how good Iran can get.. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trwzahTNRI8
            saw the game,if iran play like this in asian cup we can even win it, we need to put our hearts in the game

Comment

For sure CQ will not show his hand. He may even play tactics to fool Arabs and he is good at it.

Comment

Just checked Iraq's squad and I am really surprised they called up a player from a serious amateur division in the Netherlands. Osama Rashid, a midfielder plays for Alphense Boys who play in the fourth division of Netherlands. I think Iraq is quality wise lot worse than we think they are.

Comment

Will someone upload the full match on sunday? I am currently on vacation and I wont be back home until 23:00 on sunday..

I tried to post this in the tm games download no spoilers thread but apparently you cant post in it anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    Just checked Iraq's squad and I am really surprised they called up a player from a serious amateur division in the Netherlands. Osama Rashid, a midfielder plays for Alphense Boys who play in the fourth division of Netherlands. I think Iraq is quality wise lot worse than we think they are.
                    For your information, he is a talented player who played for Feyenoord youth team and FC Den Bosch. We also have Younis Mahmoud in the team, clubless but still a massive threat upfront.

Comment

Originally posted by scarface01 View Post
                      For your information, he is a talented player who played for Feyenoord youth team and FC Den Bosch. We also have Younis Mahmoud in the team, clubless but still a massive threat upfront.
                      is yasin going to play for IraQ?

Comment

Farsnews

با وجود اینکه حق پخش این دیدار توسط شبکه الجزیره خریداری شده و قرار است شبکه بین اسپورت هم این دیدار را به صورت مستقیم پخش کند،
                        اما برای پخش این مسابقه تدارکاتی از صداوسیمای ایران
                        هنوز

توافق مالی به عمل نیامده
                        اما امیدها برای پخش این دیدار همچنان زنده است و به نظر میرسد در نهایت این دیدار از تلویزیون ایران نیز پخش شود

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                          is yasin going to play for IraQ?
                          Yes

Comment

Originally posted by scarface01 View Post
                            I don't want to downgrade your team since you have a good chance to make it past the group stage anyways, but based on his career Osama Rashid is hardly a talented player. He is 22 now and plays for an amateur 4nd division team in the Netherlands. We have Jahanbakhsh, he is 21 years old and is a star for his well-established team NEC Nijmegen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              I don't want to downgrade your team since you have a good chance to make it past the group stage anyways, but based on his career Osama Rashid is hardly a talented player. He is 22 now and plays for an amateur 4nd division team in the Netherlands. We have Jahanbakhsh, he is 21 years old and is a star for his well-established team NEC Nijmegen.
                              I don't think it's fair to compare one of the hottest prospects in Holland to a 22 year old 4th Dutch division player.

Comment

Ali Adnan is a good player, though. From what I know, he is going to La Liga.

Comment

Working...
                                X