No announcement yet.

To All TM "fans" with Doom and Gloom attitudes heading into AC 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I sure as hell did not celebrate after losing a game we could have won. I was sad yet proud of our performance. Can't say the same about some of the FIFA 14 analysts here.

Comment

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
      Who does? Try every pundit, journalist, commentator and current/former player who talked about the game, from Van Nistelrooy and Michael Owen to Ronaldo. You really are clueless
      Thanks for your opinions. Fact is no one outside of Iran or Iranians is talking about that match at present. Comments following a match are always abound but the entire match is no longer salient for non-iranis. Sports net ran the memorable WC moments recently and the only highlight was messi's goal...it was a blip. Were we cheated? Perhaps, but it was 15 minutes and not enough to win.

The rest of your post I will ignore because you could have expressed yourself more politely without name calling...genious or not we may not agree but respect is something we should all maintain.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
        ^^^
        "CQ or not, fact is, we are a long way from being the best in Asia."

In reference to your other post where you said CQ will be judged after the AC, what constitutes success? If we're far from being the best in Asia, how can the expectation be the championship? What constitutes success?

And please stop with this 'CQ doesn't believe in this squad'. The amount of admiration and respect his players have for him should be enough to dispel this statement.
        knader jan in answer to your question i would say success in asian cup will be measured relative to our history in asian cup competition, if we go to the finals then i would say he has been successful of course there is an exception to be made for losing in the semis while getting two clear goals denied by the ref and hitting the post a few times but anything less than the semis would be considered not successful. also we are not far from being the best in asia we are amongst the top 4. if qotbi or ghalenoi losing in the quarters to korea on penalties or extra time constitutes failure then the same would constitute even a bigger failure for cq.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          Thanks for your opinions. Fact is no one outside of Iran or Iranians is talking about that match at present. Comments following a match are always abound but the entire match is no longer salient for non-iranis. Sports net ran the memorable WC moments recently and the only highlight was messi's goal...it was a blip. Were we cheated? Perhaps, but it was 15 minutes and not enough to win.

The rest of your post I will ignore because you could have expressed yourself more politely without name calling...genious or not we may not agree but respect is something we should all maintain.

actually the media outside of iran is mentioning it even more. Take a look at some previews about iran or just pieces that talk about iran and almost all of them mention the argentina game.

Comment

It's very hard not to get condescending when reading post after post of uninformed nonsense. Just because some highlight clip only showed Messi's wondergoal doesn't change the facts of the match or denigrate our performance.

Comment

Just to add, Croats poured into the streets celebrating after their loss to Brazil in 2006. A country that finished in the top 4 once.

People forget that some nations like Brazil and Argentina are special teams and people respect those who put up a good fight, especially when the are the extreme underdogs.

People remember Iran vs Argentina. Thos who follow football do. The same as many remember Brazil vs Croatia or Algeria vs Germany, etc...
              راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by hzv View Post
                unfortunately the argentina game has become a huge enigma, never before was a loss celebrated to this point (people actually came out on the streets and celebrated) to me argentina game was a tragedy yet we continue to pat ourselves on the back for letting a legendary moment slip out of our hands. those who watch sports and play sports know that our great performance counted for nothing because we were unable to cap it with a goal and failed at not losing right at the end and of course eventually bowed out in disgrace. imagine if an argentinian checks our boards and sees we are still talking about and celebrating our 1-0 defeat...real nadid badid stuff.
                Completely agree and well said. We all wanted and some predicted Iran would go to R16...that didnt happen but it seems the Argentina game excused all of our short comings. Bottom line is we lost, scored 1 goal all tournament and failed to meet our objectives. I hope this AC is a different story but I am not convinced it will be any different than the previous ones in recent memory...

Comment

It's very hard not to get condescending when reading post after post of uninformed nonsense. Just because some highlight clip only showed Messi's wondergoal doesn't change the facts of the match or denigrate our performance.
                  Watch the match again...after some time. You might be suprised to find the fifa fact sheet is a better representation than what our memories have built.

No worries, I too become frustrated with some posts who seem to miss the forrest for a single tree, still doesn't hurt to try and remain classy and respectful my friend. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Who does? Try every pundit, journalist, commentator and current/former player who talked about the game, from Van Nistelrooy and Michael Owen to Ronaldo. You really are clueless.
                    all media and pundits were impressed with that game because they had such low expectations from us going in. if you think i am retarded and then i surprise you by not being a retard does that make me an Einstein? all the threads are available those impressed pundits were calling us the worst and weakest team of the tournament. to me their applause is good for their aunts.

Comment

Completely agree and well said. We all wanted and some predicted Iran would go to R16...that didnt happen but it seems the Argentina game excused all of our short comings. Bottom line is we lost, scored 1 goal all tournament and failed to meet our objectives. I hope this AC is a different story but I am not convinced it will be any different than the previous ones in recent memory...

With that negative attitude it won't be bro . Why not look forward to the tourney and go in with the mentality that we are gonna reach the semis ! Hell , even the final ? Then when we disappoint and get eliminated in the quarter final , you can tell all of us how I told
                      You so and go negative but why now before the tourney ?

Comment

all media and pundits were impressed with that game because they had such low expectations from us going in. if you think i am retarded and then i surprise you by not being a retard does that make me an Einstein? all the threads are available those impressed pundits were calling us the worst and weakest team of the tournament. to me their applause is good for their aunts.
                        And the silly nonsense keeps on coming. I don't know which 'pundits and their aunts' you were listening to, but all the ones I saw and read about praised our performance against Argentina as excellent, full stop. And they were quite clear as to why. Not because they thought we just didn't suck...but because we stifled Argentina and then took the game to them and at the end were unlucky not to win. You want to believe otherwise so you can keep feeling sorry for yourself or bash the coach, go ahead.

Comment

And the silly nonsense keeps on coming. I don't know which 'pundits and their aunts' you were listening to, but all the ones I saw and read about praised our performance against Argentina as excellent, full stop. And they were quite clear as to why. Not because they thought we just didn't suck...but because we stifled Argentina and then took the game to them and at the end were unlucky not to win. You want to believe otherwise so you can keep feeling sorry for yourself or bash the coach, go ahead.
                          you completely misunderstood my comment, read it again. i pointed to the huge gap between their perception of us and our performance against argentina as a reason why they applauded so much which was otherwise just another game by international standards. who performed better against argentina us or bosnia? us or nigeria? so why make such a big fuss? i already answered it in my post which you quoted.

Comment

you completely misunderstood my comment, read it again. i pointed to the huge gap between their perception of us and our performance against argentina as a reason why they applauded so much which was otherwise just another game by international standards. who performed better against argentina us or bosnia? us or nigeria? so why make such a big fuss? i already answered it in my post which you quoted.
                            I completely understood your comment. The answer is the same. We were the worst prepared team in the tournament yet gave Argentina a better fight than the likes of Belgium with all their stars and actually deserved to win. All the praise was justified both for the gameplan and the way it was executed by our players.

Comment

I completely understood your comment. The answer is the same. We were the worst prepared team in the tournament yet gave Argentina a better fight than the likes of Belgium with all their stars and actually deserved to win. All the praise was justified both for the gameplan and the way it was executed by our players.
                              who played better against argentina: bosnia or us? nigeria or us?

Comment

who played better against argentina: bosnia or us? nigeria or us?
                                1. We deserved to beat Argentina no less than those other teams.
                                2. Those teams were praised by the pundits as well.
                                3. Who had better preparations and more Euro-based players? Bosnia or us? Nigeria or us? In light of that, whose gameplan and execution was more impressive?

It's pathetic how some here go out of their way to deny this coach any credit. A lot of Iranians don't deserve a coach like CQ. They just want a stooge like MK who'll parrot emotional talking points, attack kamikaze style like a chicken with its head cut off, defend like Swiss cheese, and call it "brave offensive football". Don't worry fellas. You'll get your wish soon enough. World class coaches come along in our godforsaken country only once every fifteen years, if that. You'll get your 'patriotic' 'offensive' coaches soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X