No announcement yet.

To All TM "fans" with Doom and Gloom attitudes heading into AC 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think after having no real football success since the 1970s TM fans have become more realistic and slightly pessimistic. Both of these qualities spare us the sincere heart break that follows every major tournament we participate in. Can't blame the fans afterall we once packed 100,000+ for a Saudi game in Azadi...I doubt a match with any Asian rival can pull numbers like that ever again, at least not till someone delivers some success (and no a loss to Argentina is not success).

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      I think after having no real football success since the 1970s TM fans have become more realistic and slightly pessimistic. Both of these qualities spare us the sincere heart break that follows every major tournament we participate in. Can't blame the fans afterall we once packed 100,000+ for a Saudi game in Azadi...I doubt a match with any Asian rival can pull numbers like that ever again, at least not till someone delivers some success (and no a loss to Argentina is not success).

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
      Iran - Korea game in WCQ 2014 had 100.000 spectators, same amount like in the Saudi game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        Iran - Korea game in WCQ 2014 had 100.000 spectators, same amount like in the Saudi game.
        85,000-90,000....definitely wasn't 100,000. i think the last time azadi was packed for a TM game was against japan for wc2006 qualifiers

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          85,000-90,000....definitely wasn't 100,000. i think the last time azadi was packed for a TM game was against japan for wc2006 qualifiers
          http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches...32/report.html

FIFA says 99.885, pretty close to 100.000 if you ask me

Comment

The most important thing about the TM is the coach who is brave and intelligent and makes every player not to have any fear of any team including Argentina.
            If we had Qn or Ebrahimzadeh or Daei or any others, I would be nervous as some of you are.
            With the talent which I see in every player and with CQ we can only see topping the group and not just qualifying.
            A team that almost defeated Argentina if it was not for the referee has no fear of any team from south of Persian gulf. In Australia the TM players can read anything you guys type. So, be positive even if you were born to have fear of tests and exams. By the way I never had fears of tests at school and always ready to challenge them.
            One sentence summarizes the whole situation: TM lions are in the good hands of a great leader.

Comment

سایت کنفدراسیون فوتبال آسیا در نظرسنجی از مخاطبان خود این پرسش را مطرح کرده است که به نظر آنها قهرمان رقابت*های جام ملت های آسیا 2015 استرالیا از کدام یک از گروه*های چهارگانه این رقابت*ها خواهد بود که بر حسب انتخاب مخاطبان این سایت، قهرمان رقابت*های این دوره از دل گروه سوم رقابت*ها یعنی جایی که تیم*های ملی ایران، قطر، امارات و بحرین در آن قرار دارند، بیرون خواهد آمد.
              نتایج این نظرسنجی در فاصله 7 روز تا آغاز مسابقات به شرح زیر است:

گروه C با حضور تیم*های ایران، قطر، امارات و بحرین با 48،21 درصد آرا
              گروه A با حضور تیم*های استرالیا، کویت، کره*جنوبی و عمان با 28،95 درصد آرا
              گروه D با حضور تیم*های ژاپن، اردن، عراق و فلسطین با 18،85 درصد آرا
              گروه B با حضور تیم*های ازبکستان، عربستان، چین و کره*شمالی با 4،26 درصد آرا

Comment

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
                Creating 3 good chances and a stolen penalty in a tied game is more than enough to take the lead. If anything let us down it was our finishing and the dumb ref... not our tactics. And if that game showed ONE thing, it's that all the possession in the world doesn't mean jack if you can't create chances -- unless you have the world's greatest player to bail your ass out in the 93rd minute.
                Cup half full cup half empty...fact is cup isn't full Look at it however you want, but the team that had all the possession ended up winning. If we are going to play for 3 good chances and a PK, well 3 good chances that don't go in the net, and a PK that needs a refs call means you are playing with chance. Close is not enough

Comment

Cup half full cup half empty...fact is cup isn't full Look at it however you want, but the team that had all the possession ended up winning. If we are going to play for 3 good chances and a PK, well 3 good chances that don't go in the net, and a PK that needs a refs call means you are playing with chance. Close is not enough
                  The team that had all the possession had to be bailed out in the last minute by a solo effort from the best player on the planet. Our 3 chances and a PK were more dangerous than anything Argentina had mustered up to that point. Foreign commentators called our performance "majestic" in that game. Of course that's not enough for the Iranian Playstation Contingent.

Comment

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
                    The team that had all the possession had to be bailed out in the last minute by a solo effort from the best player on the planet. Our 3 chances and a PK were more dangerous than anything Argentina had mustered up to that point. Foreign commentators called our performance "majestic" in that game. Of course that's not enough for the Iranian Playstation Contingent.
                    And who besides Iranians remember anything but that Messi "wonder strike" and the 1-0 result? Just look at the FIFA website...

Dangerous attacks 87-20 in favour of Argentina
                    Total Attempts 19-8 Argentina
                    Deliveries in PK area 17-5 Argentina
                    Passes completed 510-136 Argentina
                    Possession 70-30 Argetina

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches...tatistics.html

This is the problem with Iranian fans who believe Esteghlal and Perspolis are world class clubs...it's called selective/narrow attention! You forget to realize that while Argentina had an "off-day" they still dominated us in every aspect of the game, including the final score line. Yes it was impressive that Iran managed to lose in the last dying gasps of the game, but we still lost to a better opponent, and really besides those 15 minutes you keep eluding too, didn't do much in the entire game. On paper alone if you saw those stats who would you say won the game?

In terms of the entire WC, this stat sheet is reflective of our entire campaign. Defending with by parking the bus and having some of the worst possession rates in the entire WC. We were not Algeria, we were not even as good as Nigeria or Bosnia in our own group. Reality is, what all the pundits said about our team ended up really being true, and CQ or not, fact is, we are a long way from being the best in Asia. Our FIFA ranking is misleading since we as CQ noted haven't played any test matches! We have no way to lose points and no real way to gain them either.

With that said I hope we do amazing things this AC as I want nothing but success and happiness for TM and it's fans, but reality is with this coach who doesn't believe in this squad, IFF, and the pressures and mismanagement (look at our Aussie training facilities...such a joke) reality is winning is a distant task. Miracles can happen, as they did for 15 minutes during the Argentina match...hope it's enough to deliver our 4th title.

Comment

^^^
                      "CQ or not, fact is, we are a long way from being the best in Asia."

In reference to your other post where you said CQ will be judged after the AC, what constitutes success? If we're far from being the best in Asia, how can the expectation be the championship? What constitutes success?

And please stop with this 'CQ doesn't believe in this squad'. The amount of admiration and respect his players have for him should be enough to dispel this statement.
                      Last edited by K. Nader; 01-02-2015, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                        ^^^
                        "CQ or not, fact is, we are a long way from being the best in Asia."

In reference to your other post where you said CQ will be judged after the AC, what constitutes success? If we're far from being the best in Asia, how can the expectation be the championship? What constitutes success?

And please stop with this 'CQ doesn't believe in this squad'. The amount of admiration and respect his players have for him should be enough to dispel this statement.
                        Everyone agrees with that quote on this board. I am not just talking about our talents. I am talking about our entire footballing structure. The lack of professionalism, the terrible federation, the youth development and terrible standards for stadiums and training facilities. It takes more than CQ, Trappatoni, Ferguson, or whoever else you want to make you a good team. The only thing we have going for us is raw street football talent and passion within our fan base...so far that hasn't delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post

سایت کنفدراسیون فوتبال آسیا در نظرسنجی از مخاطبان خود این پرسش را مطرح کرده است که به نظر آنها قهرمان رقابت*های جام ملت های آسیا 2015 استرالیا از کدام یک از گروه*های چهارگانه این رقابت*ها خواهد بود که بر حسب انتخاب مخاطبان این سایت، قهرمان رقابت*های این دوره از دل گروه سوم رقابت*ها یعنی جایی که تیم*های ملی ایران، قطر، امارات و بحرین در آن قرار دارند، بیرون خواهد آمد.
                          نتایج این نظرسنجی در فاصله 7 روز تا آغاز مسابقات به شرح زیر است:

گروه C با حضور تیم*های ایران، قطر، امارات و بحرین با 48،21 درصد آرا
                          گروه A با حضور تیم*های استرالیا، کویت، کره*جنوبی و عمان با 28،95 درصد آرا
                          گروه D با حضور تیم*های ژاپن، اردن، عراق و فلسطین با 18،85 درصد آرا
                          گروه B با حضور تیم*های ازبکستان، عربستان، چین و کره*شمالی با 4،26 درصد آرا

Sounds like Iranian internet mafia at work again. Come on Our group tops Aussies & Korea?

Comment

Everyone agrees with that quote on this board. I am not just talking about our talents. I am talking about our entire footballing structure. The lack of professionalism, the terrible federation, the youth development and terrible standards for stadiums and training facilities. It takes more than CQ, Trappatoni, Ferguson, or whoever else you want to make you a good team. The only thing we have going for us is raw street football talent and passion within our fan base...so far that hasn't delivered.
                            Again, I'm not one to disagree with that quote. In fact, I've been saying it for years now. What I'm trying to understand is how we're going to measure success with all this in mind. Assuming CQ is one of the few professional figures we currently have in our footballing system, where do we draw the line between success and failure? One example I posed some time ago was this:

Scenario A: Iran beats all three group A teams but ends up meeting Japan in the quarter finals, to whom we lose in a competitive match in extra time.

Scenario B: Iran puts in half-decent performances, progresses to the semi-finals and loses to an outsider (i.e. Oman or Uzbekistan). Iran then finishes 3rd.

This begs the question: Are we going to judge CQ based on performance? Results? Other factors?

Comment

And who besides Iranians remember anything but that Messi "wonder strike" and the 1-0 result?
                              Who does? Try every pundit, journalist, commentator and current/former player who talked about the game, from Van Nistelrooy and Michael Owen to Ronaldo. You really are clueless.

This is the problem with Iranian fans who believe Esteghlal and Perspolis are world class clubs...it's called selective/narrow attention!
                              Those who think Esteghlal and Perspolis are world class are only the other side of the spectrum of "selective/narrow attention" as the likes of you. Don't kid yourself.

really besides those 15 minutes you keep eluding too, didn't do much in the entire game.
                              It wasn't 15 minutes, genius...it was most of the second half. And what did Argentina do the rest of the game that was as dangerous as our chances? When you take away Messi's solo effort, the best chances for a goal where ours and that 1-on-1 Haghighi saved against Higuain.

Honestly, I can buy the criticism for the Bosnia game...but when dopes start trashing our performance against Argentina they give themselves away as uninformed children.

Reality is, what all the pundits said about our team ended up really being true
                              Really? You mean before the world cup The Guardian had predicted our performance would be "majestic", Michael Owen had called us "awesome" and Ronaldo had described us as "excellent"? Because that's what ended up happening during the World Cup. Then again you're probably talking about the "pundits" on Playstation message boards.

but reality is with this coach who doesn't believe in this squad
                              This crap again!

Yeah never mind that the same players were crying after the Bosnia game and begging for the coach to stay and used every interview during his negotiations to ask for him to come back. You know better than them what their coach thinks of them despite the fact that this same coach got this team to play fearlessly against the likes of Messi, Aguero and Higuain, and almost beat the finalists with the worst prepared team in the tournament. It's because he has no confidence in his players and thinks they're crap. Makes perfect sense!

It never fails. People with the least clue are always the ones with the most stubborn opinions.

Comment

unfortunately the argentina game has become a huge enigma, never before was a loss celebrated to this point (people actually came out on the streets and celebrated) to me argentina game was a tragedy yet we continue to pat ourselves on the back for letting a legendary moment slip out of our hands. those who watch sports and play sports know that our great performance counted for nothing because we were unable to cap it with a goal and failed at not losing right at the end and of course eventually bowed out in disgrace. imagine if an argentinian checks our boards and sees we are still talking about and celebrating our 1-0 defeat...real nadid badid stuff.
                                Last edited by hzv; 01-03-2015, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X