X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure hope you are right my friend

Comment

To All TM "fans" with Doom and Gloom attitudes heading into AC 2015

This is the norm with TM fans when it come to big tournaments like the WC and AC.

By overwhelmingly downplaying our chances and crediting our opponents, we are creating a coping mechanism that that lets us deal with the worst case scenario.

Comment

Afat11

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
          This is the norm with TM fans when it come to big tournaments like the WC and AC.

By overwhelmingly downplaying our chances and crediting our opponents, we are creating a coping mechanism that that lets us deal with the worst case scenario.
          This is putting into words what I am thinking in my head. I feel like people who are optimistic were hiding, and the threads were full of people saying bs about Iran isn't going to make it out of the group. Japanese fans think they will win. Australian fans think they will win. Even Korean fans are more optimistic than us. We need to stand up, and acknowledge that we are a top 4 team in Asia, and we are a powerhouse that can beat any team in the world if we put in the struggle and effort.

Betting odds currently have Iran as a close 4th to win it all, and had us in 3rd behind Japan and Korea just a few weeks ago. These betting odds are usually there for a reason, and Iran is a heavy favorite to sweep every game in the group. Bookies don't like losing money, and wouldn't make these heavy odds in Iran's favor if they didn't think it an almost 100% lock we are going to win.

Whoever has some tokhm, should take the current odds for Iran to win it all. It is currently a $9 payout for a $1 bet if Iran wins the tournament. I'm going to Vegas this weekend, and I'm putting a $50 on Iran. That's how much confidence I have in my team. Why should any Korean, Japanese, or Australian fan be able to make that bet and not me? F*ck that, GOOOOOO IRAN. I have no fear.

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
          Afat11
          Thanks for the love, teammelli1 jan, I appreciate it. I don't post these things for any popularity or thanks. I post it because I want to spread some confidence on this board. When Koreans lose, they always post on their boards that they deserved to win, because of all the talent they have. They believe in their team and players' quality.

When we lose on the other hand to Lebanon or Uzbekistan, we all sit here and say, "well I predicted it, we suck, we don't deserve to go to the world cup..." We deserve to go to the WC every damn time. It is an injustice for Korea, Japan, Australia, and Iran to not be in the world cup. Fairweather teams like Uzbekistan and Saudis who lose games 6-0 and 8-0 when put in pressure situations shows the difference between them and us.

In 1998, we fought hard against a tough German team, and never gave up. In 2006, we fought hard against a Portugal team with living legends Figo, Deco, and Ronaldo in their lineup. This year, we locked down the might Lionel Messi for 90+ minutes and made him seem non-existent in the match.

Anyone who says Uzbekistan, or Saudi Arabia, or even Korea deserves anything more than we do needs to turn in their Iranian passport.

We deserve to at LEAST be in the final four of the Asian Cup, and if we are not, that is an injustice. This is the mentality we should have as fans. We shouldn't dwell on failures, but we should always be looking forward and telling ourselves that we deserve success. Being depressed and happy with failure all of the time will only bring more of that.

My Japanese friend is 100% sure that his team will breeze through the Asian Cup and retain their 2011 win. This, despite the fact that they played poorly in Brazil just 6 months ago. Just by doing that, he is making his team better in the eyes of outsiders. That makes his team have higher confidence due to media sources touting the team as a force.

The media thinks of us as underdogs, because we hold ourselves out as such. We are content to just participate. No, Iran is a 3-time Asian champion, and has never been thrashed by anyone since our first match with Turkey in the 1940's. Have some faith people. Everyone else knows our team is good, why don't we?

Comment

There is also something about our "missing preparation" for the AC and that is the fact that in contrast to the other group teams we actually participated in WC2014 and played 3 games and have valuable experience which the other 3 arab teams lack.
            sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
            >-----------------<
            Marg bar dictator
            >-----------------<

Comment

To All TM &quot;fans&quot; with Doom and Gloom attitudes heading into AC 2015

'Lack of preparation'? Why are people so insistent on playing Any team as long as they're a NT? We played matches against benfica b, Estoril b, South African reserve sides, yet people still bum hurt we couldn't play the ALMIGHTY PALESTINE!

It's not like our starting 11 are totally strangers to each other! If we played more friendlies would it of benefited us? Yes, BUT we won't fail miserably if we didn't get to prepare our selfs against some third-tier team.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                'Lack of preparation'? Why are people so insistent on playing Any team as long as they're a NT? We played matches against benfica b, Estoril b, South African reserve sides, yet people still bum hurt we couldn't play the ALMIGHTY PALESTINE!

It's not like our starting 11 are totally strangers to each other! If we played more friendlies would it of benefited us? Yes, BUT we won't fail miserably if we didn't get to prepare our selfs against some third-tier team.
                I might have been not very clear in my previous post but what I really meant was the fact that even when people are talking about our "missing preparation" we actually have had the chance to play three valuable matches in WC2014 just 6 months ago and gain experiences against the almighty Argentina etc. So what I meant was that we should be alright.
                sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                >-----------------<
                Marg bar dictator
                >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  And I think if they figure Iran will finish 2nd in the group, they will also prefer to end 2nd in their own group for obvious reasons. Lol
                  Funny but true bro... Spoken like a TRUE TM fan.

We are no less capable or deserving of winning this tournament than any other team.

Comment

on paper, we have a very easy route to the semi finals, lets hope Korea also top their group so we beat them 1-0 for the 4th time in a row in the semis
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

one of the biggest advantages we have in this cup is that the venue is the most neutral one we could ever get. In fact with the large Iranian population in Australia, I would say it is almost like home games for us, especially in the games against bahrain, qatar and uae.

The asian cup has either been hosted in the east asian countries like China, Malaysia, Korea and Japan or in god forsaken places like lebanon, qatar and kuwait. The east Asian countries are always tough given the humid weather and in some cases, the corrupt environments (China). The middle-eastern countries ..... well ..... no need for explanation here.

In Australia, you have great stadiums, great people, and the support of the Iranian ex-pats. It's the best venue we could ever hope for outside of Iran.
                      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                        one of the biggest advantages we have in this cup is that the venue is the most neutral one we could ever get. In fact with the large Iranian population in Australia, I would say it is almost like home games for us, especially in the games against bahrain, qatar and uae.

The asian cup has either been hosted in the east asian countries like China, Malaysia, Korea and Japan or in god forsaken places like lebanon, qatar and kuwait. The east Asian countries are always tough given the humid weather and in some cases, the corrupt environments (China). The middle-eastern countries ..... well ..... no need for explanation here.

In Australia, you have great stadiums, great people, and the support of the Iranian ex-pats. It's the best venue we could ever hope for outside of Iran.
                        All what you said is correct and besides all that I also somehow believe we have the luck factor on our side this time in Australia. I think Australia will bring us luck. Remember our last match in 1997
                        sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                        >-----------------<
                        Marg bar dictator
                        >-----------------<

Comment

great post, man.

Comment

by the way, speaking of doom, where is Dr. doom ?! haven't seen him in the forums for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                              by the way, speaking of doom, where is Dr. doom ?! haven't seen him in the forums for a long time
                              He's busy writing a tell-all book about CQ's role in the Gandhi assassination and the 2004 Tsunami.

Comment

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
                                He's busy writing a tell-all book about CQ's role in the Gandhi assassination and the 2004 Tsunami.
                                I normally don't write one word posts but:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL

Comment

Working...
                                X