No announcement yet.

Does Shojaei belong to TM, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have had players like Parvin, Azizi, Bagheri , and the mighty Karami playing that position. Shojaie has Never been in the same caliber as those mentioned. He is too slow and weak. So why not try some younger prospects? I don't think this is a huge risk to try something new.

The only thing I like about shojaie is that he is really a professional. I think CQ admires that.
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Re: Does Shojaei belong to TM, and why?

It's very unfortunate that we have no such player, however I do believe that azmoun could be this player, he does very well as a second striker

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
        It's very unfortunate that we have no such player, however I do believe that azmoun could be this player, he does very well as a second striker

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
        you don't think we have a player that plays in Iran that would fill the role much better then shojaei? Azmoun could, but even in the ipl we have CAMs who would fit in just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
          Why would you think that about Nekou though bro? He has been solid for Iran in almost every game defensively and averaging 1 goal every 4 games offensively while playing mostly as a defensive midfielder!! Shojaie's barely averaging 1 goal every 10 games in his TM career with 1 goal and maybe 1 assist in the last 4 years!!!

That's a TERRIBLE record for an attacking midfielder, absolutely terrible. In fact, I'm struggling to think of any other TM attacking midfilder, midfielder or even defender whose scoring record in 4 years for TM was a terrible as this.

I know a lot of people WHO want NN to retire. But believe me each time CQ renew his contract he should argue he has done his best and if not he misses millions of Euro.
          Despite so many were against Shojaei before the World cup he was one of the best offensive Iranian player.
          WHO is your nominate instead of Shojaei? I think Soroush Rafiei is the one CQ chose

Comment

Originally posted by Darloc View Post
            Yep, as attacking midfielder he has a terrible record (nevermind his many useless turnovers and unnecessary dribblings that result in dangerous counter attacks). But his fanboys will continue to say Quieroz approves this, that. Baba shayad quieroz aslan aghlesho az dast dade bashe, does that mean we should blindly follow the guy into $hit ? but what can you expect from people who approve every garbage player with a khareji name or plays in a khareji club.
            Well thank god CQ didn't listen to your opinions for the Korea game otherwise it be a 0-0 game. That damn overrated Azmoun just had to score
            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Shojaei is not the same player he used to be. That being said, he definitely belongs in the TM squad- it's just a question of whether he starts or not, which would depend on our opposition.

Simply dropping Shojaei for, say Khalatbari, will not fix our problems. Yes, Khalatbari might be quicker on the counter-attack and more flashy, but his defensive work is poor and he is too physically weak to fit into CQ's tactics.

Also, I am fine with people claiming that Shojaei is a bit slow and sometimes looses the ball when it is not necessary, but when people call him a "sissy" and "weak" then I can't help but think they are thinking of the wrong player (same can be said about Ansarifard). Masoud has a good physique and is able to withstand contact well, either by drawing fouls or shielding the ball with his body. That same cannot be said about someone like Khalatbari.

So, let's not excessively make up false facts about players just because we may not favor them.

Comment

If you add Option 1 and 2 together you have more than 80 % who at least don't want Shojaei to start. Crystal Clear.
                Would love to know who the 7 people are who voted Option 3.
                IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  Wow, you are so wrong. Masoud Shojaei has had offers from Greece and all 2nd division clubs of Spain were over him. Real Zaragoza, and also his old club Osasuna. The main reason why he left Spain was because of he was offered not so high wages. So he left to Qatar. Actually he was one of Las Palmas best players, the stats totally speak for themselves. I say, to some goddamn research before you bash Masoud Shojaei like always since it's so cool to do so. But in fact, many people are horribly wrong thinking Masoud got thrown out of Liga Adelante. For real?!
                  Rumors are dime a dozen Kiarash jaan. The fact that he's playing in RELEGATION ZONE Qatar (not for a top team there!) means that's the best offer he had. If he had a better one you can rest assured he would have taken it.

And you think his scoring record for TM is irrelevant to a discussion about TM, but his record for Ossasuna is relevant (and you say it like he had a good record there)?!

Comment

I'm getting a headache from all these irrelevant threads on this forum. Before it used to be simple and fun, now its just confusing and messed up. I'm gonna take a few days off, till shit gets cleared out, and relevant stuff comes up, Asian Cup and so on...

Comment

Does Shojaei belong to TM, and why?

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                      Rumors are dime a dozen Kiarash jaan. The fact that he's playing in RELEGATION ZONE Qatar (not for a top team there!) means that's the best offer he had. If he had a better one you can rest assured he would have taken it.

And you think his scoring record for TM is irrelevant to a discussion about TM, but his record for Ossasuna is relevant (and you say it like he had a good record there)?!
                      Its not a rumor. He was offered a contract at Real Zaragoza and AEK Athene but he rejected because of the ridiculous low salary they offered him. It was in Spanish and Greek news. So no Iranian media, but this of course doesnt make sense if someone hates Shojaei to this extreme extent like you do, with all due respect.

Btw

Pooladi was our best player in the World Cup and he plays for the same club, according to your logic that makes Pooladi a horrible player too just like Masoud.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                        If you add Option 1 and 2 together you have more than 80 % who at least don't want Shojaei to start. Crystal Clear.
                        Would love to know who the 7 people are who voted Option 3.
                        i am one of the 7.
                        yeah i agree his time has passed but we simply dont have anyone else. before you say we have soroush, payam and them, they are good and young yes but they dont have the experience. thing is CQ trusts shojaie for whatever reason it might be and he somewhat fits the system at times.

Comment

there is no question Shojaei is not the same player he was ..... but then again, who is, once they hit 30+ years of age.

I think CQ was just testing Shojaei in the game against Korea, and it is not certain that he will be in the starting lineup for the AC. For the AC, I see Shojaei performing well against the arab teams. Maybe not the best option if we matchup against Korea or Japan, but certainly against Australia, I would have him in the lineup.
                          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

this was posted in the Counter Attack thread, but it's worth watching it here.

you can see the number of times Shojaei was involved in the counter attacks, especially the one where Dejagah was fouled in the penalty box

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                              One could easily say the same to you. You have no choice but to accept the players chosen.
                              You are judging the inclusion of a player on to a 23 man roster based on your non-professional and quite frankly bias opinion.
                              That was reported about KB when he was cut for the WC roster. Jut goolge "chera KB" and i'm sure links will come up.
                              1- yes. You nailed it. I say all that because I am ''biased'' and my bias is due to some cooked up, imaginary matter. Certainly not based on 3+ years of miserable performances!!!!
                              Coz he's been tearing stuff up game after game, scoring bundles of goals, truckload of assists, magnificent covers and tackles all around, ... , you know. A regular ozil!

2- So some reporter wrote a piece on Khalatbari and now suddenly that has become a ''go to fact'' with regards to him!!
                              Ok buddy. Nailed it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                                So... saying that he has a terrible goal scoring and assist record, which he does as a CAM player, is not a reasonable argument?
                                What would be a reasonable argument, what should we judge him on?
                                Sir, you are held in contempt of court and sentenced to two weeks in jail for making too much sense and asking pertinent questions when mere ''blind trust and stubborn opinions'' are required.
                                Bailiff, please take this horrendous man away.

Comment

Working...
                                X