Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TM preparation camp for S Korea friendly (Photos, video, News)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rugs View Post
    It is not just you!
    I made this same exact point before and after the WC.
    Just look at the difference in crosses between Montazeri and Heydari.
    Look at Montazeri. He sees the open space and crosses it, but most importantly plays with his head up.
    Heydari is a one trick pony. He runs straight down the line with his head down and crosses when he reaches the penalty area. This works in the IPL, but not in the WC or AC. Even Gucci was calling for the pas.
    I was a big critic of Montazeri before the WC, but he really showed that he has a high football IQ.
    Exactly.. I'd prefer Montazeri over heydari all day long. Heydari is always a tad bit slow and is weak in the air. Montazeri seems to overlap well and he is a natural centerback so he can help out on the set pieces that we are defending/attacking. Also, I'd rather have montazeri and hosseini cover zone while sadeghi steps.
    Finally, look at how slow and clueless Heydari looked on this play against Argentina. Gucci was WIDE OPEN. One simple through pass or cross and we would've had a 1 on 1 from 6 yards...and instead he takes two extra steps and does not keep his head up which results in a shitty cross to no one.

Lets not forget, Heydari had just come in for Shojaei...and Montazeri was playing for 70 minutes before he made that dejagah cross.
    Last edited by CHaMiLLionaire; 11-17-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZandiJoon View Post
      I bring in Steven and replied that way to use the same nonsense logic/arguments as those criticizing Heydari. Heydari played RW in the WC as we played defensively, but most of the matches he played with TM were as a RB. And he will most probably start as a RB against Korea as well. In any attacking formations Khosro is the main choice as RB.
      I don't know what Steven is at the moment, injured/playing an important "soccer" match or whatever, but we will probably see if he is going to get more playing time once he is back without excuses
      lol. do your research . he is injured . when ur team needs u for an important playoff push u stay with ur team. ur always committed to ur club team because they pay u to play for them. money always comes first zandi joone aziz.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
        Exactly.. I'd prefer Montazeri over heydari all day long. Heydari is always a tad bit slow and is weak in the air. Montazeri seems to overlap well and he is a natural centerback so he can help out on the set pieces that we are defending/attacking. Also, I'd rather have montazeri and hosseini cover zone while sadeghi steps.
        Finally, look at how slow and clueless Heydari looked on this play against Argentina. Gucci was WIDE OPEN. One simple through pass or cross and we would've had a 1 on 1 from 6 yards...and instead he takes two extra steps and does not keep his head up which results in a shitty cross to no one.

Lets not forget, Heydari had just come in for Shojaei...and Montazeri was playing for 70 minutes before he made that dejagah cross.
        Thank you.

Comment

As an avid Heydari fan, I don't agree with all the hate.

Heydari is a confident, experienced, and talented player who has contributed to the national team over the past 6 years.

There've been players who have played consequitive league, ACL, national friendlies/qualifiers like Heydari but haved bitched and moaned about it (example: Seyed Mehdi Rahmati). Rahmati came on in interviews and mentioned how tired he is, how exhausted football players are. How much pain their families have to be in due to the fact that they are away from their husbands, fathers, brothers, and etc. But not a veteran player like Heydari. He is a hard working and not a drama queen.

Now before I go too off topic and end up getting bashed, allow me to get to my final point.

AS a Heydari fan, I have to completely honest and say that he is NOT a fast player anymore. His crossing is not like it used to be. A prime example would be watching him play against Nigeria last World Cup. I wanted him subbed out. I didn't want him to play vs Argentina after seeing him get outrunned by the Nigerians. Please don't say they're African, that's why he was beat. No, Heydari was beat on multiple occasions because for one he is getting old and he is physically weak compared to his own Team Melli teammates. There used to be a day when Khosrow would run like hell and his crosses were more on point. He was at his best from 2009-2011. After that he started to digress. Keep in mind that I follow him because I'm a fan. When I heard the news/rumors or whatever the hell it was about Malaga's interest in him, I was super excited and happy. Something I wasnt able to be happy about as I was earlier this year when Karim headed to Pamplona.

I have a lot of respect for Heydari. I still like him as a player and enjoy watching him play. But I wouldn't want to see him in Team Melli until he reaches a better form and not only becomes physically stronger but also gains physical awareness (example: defend well and run side by side vs bigger stronger attacking players).

I made a video back in 2009 of these two crosses he made while playing for Esteghlal. Both turned into goals. Both headed in the back of the net by Borhani and eskelet Enayati. Heydari was the best RB in Iran those years.

To sum it all up, respect to Heydari but we need a new RB. Most preferably a younger talented
          player who will be able to mesh in and have chemistry with the other players.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
            As an avid Heydari fan, I don't agree with all the hate.

Heydari is a confident, experienced, and talented player who has contributed to the national team over the past 6 years.

There've been players who have played consequitive league, ACL, national friendlies/qualifiers like Heydari but haved bitched and moaned about it (example: Seyed Mehdi Rahmati). Rahmati came on in interviews and mentioned how tired he is, how exhausted football players are. How much pain their families have to be in due to the fact that they are away from their husbands, fathers, brothers, and etc. But not a veteran player like Heydari. He is a hard working and not a drama queen.

Now before I go too off topic and end up getting bashed, allow me to get to my final point.

AS a Heydari fan, I have to completely honest and say that he is NOT a fast player anymore. His crossing is not like it used to be. A prime example would be watching him play against Nigeria last World Cup. I wanted him subbed out. I didn't want him to play vs Argentina after seeing him get outrunned by the Nigerians. Please don't say they're African, that's why he was beat. No, Heydari was beat on multiple occasions because for one he is getting old and he is physically weak compared to his own Team Melli teammates. There used to be a day when Khosrow would run like hell and his crosses were more on point. He was at his best from 2009-2011. After that he started to digress. Keep in mind that I follow him because I'm a fan. When I heard the news/rumors or whatever the hell it was about Malaga's interest in him, I was super excited and happy. Something I wasnt able to be happy about as I was earlier this year when Karim headed to Pamplona.

I have a lot of respect for Heydari. I still like him as a player and enjoy watching him play. But I wouldn't want to see him in Team Melli until he reaches a better form and not only becomes physically stronger but also gains physical awareness (example: defend well and run side by side vs bigger stronger attacking players).

I made a video back in 2009 of these two crosses he made while playing for Esteghlal. Both turned into goals. Both headed in the back of the net by Borhani and eskelet Enayati. Heydari was the best RB in Iran those years.

To sum it all up, respect to Heydari but we need a new RB. Most preferably a younger talented
            player who will be able to mesh in and have chemistry with the other players.
            So is he a cousin on your mother's or father's side?

haha kidding. good write-up. i don't think he's starter material anymore but his contributions can' tbe overlooked.

Comment

Around 12 and half hours to game time rihgt?
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

^ Yup!! Can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                  Even Worse!!!!
                  Heydari is not a bad RB, but I agree, Montazeri is better. Montazeri's build is much better suited in the air. Heydari is not an aerial player and that is a weakness, especially in modern day football. Regarding speed, both of them are probably around the same now, maybe Heydari a bit faster.

About those clips, you can get two video clips of any defender getting beat. Hosseini, Sadeghi, Kompany... you name it.

Comment

Let's not forget that Heydari and Ashkan played very well off each other. Montazeri is more defensive minded, and he absolutely does not come close to Heydari when it comes to having game chemistry with Ashkan. Even Beitashour did not show much.

I would not be surprised if CQ goes to a more attack minded formation against UAE/Qatar and bahrain and have Heydari and Ashkan play on the same side.
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                      Let's not forget that Heydari and Ashkan played very well off each other. Montazeri is more defensive minded, and he absolutely does not come close to Heydari when it comes to having game chemistry with Ashkan. Even Beitashour did not show much.

I would not be surprised if CQ goes to a more attack minded formation against UAE/Qatar and bahrain and have Heydari and Ashkan play on the same side.
                      Although I agree that this chemistry exists, I think depending on the game it would have to be a choice, against a team like Korea or Japan I definitely want someone like montazeri. I really however want to see Jahanbakhsh starting games for TM, kid has quality and deserves a start.
                      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Working...
                      X