TM list november 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
    Baba gure pedare in selection. How come nobody in Iran speaks about the lack of friendlies and how it's gonna embarrass us?
    because we have a pretty important friendly game next week that we are focusing on?

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
      And yes, I will always mention his blunders when his name comes up because I believe he is one of the main problems in our football. If you don't understand this yet then you might be blinded by your club loyalties.
      You think our football's problems are b/c of GN? just LOL. What kind of imagination have you got?
      All you talk about is GN and Heydari Rahmati Sadeghian Daei and other hashiye crap that is mostly a result of these yellow newspapers that only want to feed people garbage b/c it sells well.

What about the conditions of our fields (all over the country)?
      What about having proper football academies?
      What about proper youth leagues for all the clubs?

Those are the problems with our football. It's not GN or Heydari. You just have a lot of hate towards those guys which blinds you from seeing reality.

p.s. Please don't mention Beitashour in your response. It's getting old. Say something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
        lol sure, the "you must be blinded by your club loyalties"-card again
        Anyway, like I said, Hashemian played in most important matches like the ACQ games (Syria, South Korea, except for the one against Taiwan) and of course all AC games. For the unimoportant little friendlies obviously he did not get called up. Still, despite this, after obvious players like Ando, Nekounam etc. he's still one of the most featured players.
        Also, Zandi played in Cyprus back then and for a long time was out of form, next to the fact that the midfield was packed with players like Karimi, Ando, Nekounam, Mahdavikia etc.
        If he really had something against Zandi he could have easily said "sorry, the 4 midfield spots are taken (by the players mentioned above)" and no-one would have argued over players like Karimi, Kia and Nekounam. Still GN found a way to play Zandi in the AC anyway and started him as a creative LB.
        Anyway, the point is that a lot more happend during GN's era than the usual Rah Ahan friendly and all other little unsignificant stuff that you bring up everytime to blow little things up.
        I still think you should be responding to the people who brought him up.

And yes, it's important to remind people of what our previous managers were like. GN was a disaster if he wasn't brought in line by the federation. Whether you want to admit to it or not he brought players into TM that had no business being there and left others out until the pressure was full force.

And it's not just GN. If people started talking about Daei as TM manager I would say the same thing and have. He had no business invited those Saipa players, Sadeghi and the others I can't remember.

That's what we had before CQ and after Branko. It seems a lot of people have forgotten that.
        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Sv: TM list november 2014

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
          because we have a pretty important friendly game next week that we are focusing on?
          So, during that ONE friendly, we realize how screwed we are. In what other match are we going to further sync and improve bus tactics?
          And no, I don't believe in those Palestine and Iraq friendlies before I see the games being played.

Comment

So, during that ONE friendly, we realize how screwed we are. In what other match are we going to further sync and improve bus tactics?
            And no, I don't believe in those Palestine and Iraq friendlies before I see the games being played.
            why dont you look at things in a positive perspective ?

Comment

Before we said the same for a friendly with a good football nation.

Now we aren't even sure to play against a non-existing nation and war-torn country!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                There is this separation from reality and presence among many fans that usually clouds their judgment and view of things.
                You see many people bring excuses and reasoning that is mostly based on theories and what's on paper or pertains to he past ... all of which have very little to no relevance on TODAY'S matters.

The fact that they bring on age old, but flimsy argument of ''but he played in Europe'' as an explanation for the crumbling pile of mistakes that a player has become proves that.

Then there is another separation from reality when they bring up GN's Asia cup campaign. Aside from the very valid reasons you brought up, most fans either don't know or don't have the capability to comprehend different issues with regards to football. Perhaps because many haven't really played football. Or their FOOTBALLING experience is limited to Sunday friendly games between mates!

Not that I'm defending GN. But They bring in Malaysia game without ever considering the conditions of the game or tournament.
                Are they aware of the weather conditions in Malaysia?
                I seriously doubt many have ever been to that side of the world. Let alone know what those conditions are. Nor have many of these chaps ever played in hot, humid conditions that truly saps one's energy. Especially those who are not used to such clime.
                That game, in front of the HOME CROWD, in brutally humid and hot conditions was such a game where just about any team would run out of reserves very quickly in a match. So given the above, I'd not be too critical of a 2-0 win that not only clinched the group for us, but also allowed the team not to kill themselves on the pitch which would have meant a total drainage of energy for the more crucial knock out stage.

But these are issues that majority of fans don't consider or are unaware of. Hence these superficial comments about a match up that ON PAPER we should have raped a team like Malaysia.

So before we all make comments on things we don't know, it'd be prudent to pause, think or even spend a while to research on it before we embarrass ourselves.

wow, you are hilarious with your typical foot-in-the-mouth moments. A few years ago, I told you, but I will remind you again ...... I was in the stadium for the Iran-Malaysia game. There were 10,000 fans of which 70% were Iranians. The stadium was big enough to hold 100,000 people, so that 10,000 fans could barely be heard. This was a home game for Iran. I paid 20 dollars for top seats, so I had a great view of the stadium. I bought my ticket ON THE DAY OF THE GAME, which should give you a hint on how popular football is in Malaysia. The weather was not bad at all, and you had some drizzles here and there. Weather was not a factor. The game was also in late evening, so it was not hot.

The Malaysian players looked like highschool players next to our TM stars, and were doing jumping jacks as their warmup drills. We had bundesliga and serie A players having a tough time beating a bunch of amateur malaysian players. So please, please stop it with your 5000 mile-a-way football analysis habits
                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: TM list november 2014

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                  [/B]

wow, you are hilarious with your typical foot-in-the-mouth moments. A few years ago, I told you, but I will remind you again ...... I was in the stadium for the Iran-Malaysia game. There were 10,000 fans of which 70% were Iranians. The stadium was big enough to hold 100,000 people, so that 10,000 fans could barely be heard. This was a home game for Iran. I paid 20 dollars for top seats, so I had a great view of the stadium. I bought my ticket ON THE DAY OF THE GAME, which should give you a hint on how popular football is in Malaysia. The weather was not bad at all, and you had some drizzles here and there. Weather was not a factor. The game was also in late evening, so it was not hot.

The Malaysian players looked like highschool players next to our TM stars, and were doing jumping jacks as their warmup drills. We had bundesliga and serie A players having a tough time beating a bunch of amateur malaysian players. So please, please stop it with your 5000 mile-a-way football analysis habits
                  Didn't we play Maldives in an away match before the WC in those same conditions that were thought to have existed in Malaysia? Humid, hostile home crowd, etc...
                  راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                    Didn't we play Maldives in an away match before the WC in those same conditions that were thought to have existed in Malaysia? Humid, hostile home crowd, etc...
                    I believe so .... though I don't remember that game.

The game against Malaysia was the last time I saw TM live in a stadium. We have played in conditions ten times worse than that game in Malaysia. These poor people gave us their best stadium. The field was in great shape. The players were fair and there were no grassrolling during the game. Their Malaysians fans were outnumbered in the stadium by the Iranian fans. This is in contrast to the Iran-Lebanon WC qualifying game where rocks were coming out of the ground, and the fans were hostile and in our faces.
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Why are we going so far back? The most recent one is beating Qatar in Doha in June, which is pretty much as hot as it gets. With no Ashkan (no Ashkan for a large chunk of qualifiers really). With no Pouladi. With our #2 goalie who not many people believed in. In a hostile crowd. Against cheaters / a team who quite clearly fixed at least 2 matches. And we still won.

Hey, lets get even more recent. Do or die game in Ulsan, with unbelievable humidity. With no Ashkan. With no Pouladi. With our #2 goalie who not many people believed in. In a VERY hostile crowd. Against a team whose coach quite clearly wanted to finish us. While at the same time Uzbekistan and Qatar were having their own little match fixing so that even a tie would see us out. And we still won.

Comment

Let's break down Doc's analysis of this current TM being far more talented than 2006-07:

That would mean:

Reza > hashemian
                        Dejagah > mahdavikia
                        Shojaie > Karimi
                        Hosseini/Sadeghi > Rezaie/golmohamaddi/ young Hosseini
                        Heydari/Montazeri > kabie
                        Pooladi > nosrati
                        Haghighi > mirzapour
                        Jahanbakhsh > zandi
                        Nekounam of al Kuwait > young Nekounam (signed with 4th place Osasuna)
                        Ando of Esteghlal > young ando (signed with Bolton)

- Reza has struggled in second tier divisions of Europe and in the second division of England whereas hash dominated in one of the toughest leagues in the world, arguably THE toughest. TM performances Reza has a slight edge because of his goal that got us to the WC but hashemian a vs japan could be argued as just important. Not to mention he wasn't a consistent starter like Reza.

- kia was just simply a different class than Dejagah ever has or will be. Period. I don't think anyone needs any kind of explanation.

- if Sadeghi or Hosseini had half the quickness and overall pedigree that Reazie possessed, we wouldn't have conceded any of those crappy goals vs Bosnia. We all saw what happened when dwell went 1v1 with Sadeghi and Hosseini give the ball away to ibisevic or pjanic (I forget specifically which player but that's not the point).

- again, comparing kabie and Heydari is a joke. Same with out current "play maker" in Masoud to our greatest player of all time.

- the one area where this current TM has and vantage is in the GK spot, and MAYBE Pooladi over nosrati and Alireza over zandi (which can strongly be argued either way quite frankly) but that's as far as it goes.

Quality and clear point made, this TM can't be compared to 2006-07 TM lol......sounds like some crazy/early April fools joke or something
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                          Let's break down Doc's analysis of this current TM being far more talented than 2006-07:
                          That would mean:
                          Reza > hashemian
                          Dejagah > mahdavikia
                          Shojaie > Karimi
                          Hosseini/Sadeghi > Rezaie/golmohamaddi/ young Hosseini
                          Heydari/Montazeri > kabie
                          Pooladi > nosrati
                          Haghighi > mirzapour
                          Jahanbakhsh > zandi
                          Nekounam of al Kuwait > young Nekounam (signed with 4th place Osasuna)
                          Ando of Esteghlal > young ando (signed with Bolton)
                          - Reza has struggled in second tier divisions of Europe and in the second division of England whereas hash dominated in one of the toughest leagues in the world, arguably THE toughest. TM performances Reza has a slight edge because of his goal that got us to the WC but hashemian a vs japan could be argued as just important. Not to mention he wasn't a consistent starter like Reza.
                          - kia was just simply a different class than Dejagah ever has or will be. Period. I don't think anyone needs any kind of explanation.
                          - if Sadeghi or Hosseini had half the quickness and overall pedigree that Reazie possessed, we wouldn't have conceded any of those crappy goals vs Bosnia. We all saw what happened when dwell went 1v1 with Sadeghi and Hosseini give the ball away to ibisevic or pjanic (I forget specifically which player but that's not the point).
                          - again, comparing kabie and Heydari is a joke. Same with out current "play maker" in Masoud to our greatest player of all time.
                          - the one area where this current TM has and vantage is in the GK spot, and MAYBE Pooladi over nosrati and Alireza over zandi (which can strongly be argued either way quite frankly) but that's as far as it goes.
                          Quality and clear point made, this TM can't be compared to 2006-07 TM lol......sounds like some crazy/early April fools joke or something

Lol at this. Basically all of your own personal opinions you are holding out as fact. How Iranian of you.

Basically all of these are debatable. It's your opinion. You might think someone is dumb for thinking against your opinions, but realistically, fair minds could easily disagree with many of these.

I would say our current crop of GK's is lightyears ahead of Mirzakoor and Roudbarian.

I would say that dismissing Dejagah because he plays in Qatar is so reactionary. Dejagah won the Bundesliga as a starter on Vfl Wolfsburg in 2009, and fed many many important goals from the wing to Mario Madzukic. Put this on top of the fact that he was on the German U23 team that won the Euro championship alongside the likes of Boateng and Ozil, and this is easily proof that Mahdavikia is a different class is completely your opinion and BS.

They are comparable and one who looks objectively could make a decision either way. I will not say decisively Dejagah is better or worse, but your complete dismissal of him shows that you are biased in your opinions.

Also, a huge LOL at our defenders of Hosseini and Sadeghi being worse than Rezaei and Golmohammadi. Oh GOD! I cannot believe you said that. Believe what you want, it's your opinion, but in my mind, that's a ridiculous point to make. To not even say they are comparable is a joke.

Do you remember Rahman Rezaei passing the ball to the Mexican striker in 2006 WC. Go watch again. That defense was soorakh compared to today. Go check the numbers. Our defense over the last 4 years with Hosseini as the rock has conceded so little goals, and I can guarantee that.

Again, you base your opinion on the fact that Hosseini's 1 blunder against an aggressive Bosnia team is the most recent memory in your mind, so you are dismissing. Just you dismiss Dejagah's class because he went to Arabestan.

Seriously dude, you need to learn to be more objective in your opinions, because when you make such clear-cut statements, it's very easy to see bias and flaws in your opinions.

Comment

AK8 of 2006>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all of current TM combined.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                              [/B]

Indeed, a foot in the mouth moment here. The difference is contrary to your opinion, it is the wrong foot (yours) in the wrong mouth (yours).
                              The weather conditions have nothing to do with the number of fans. This is the most basic matter here.
                              It is also your ''OPINION'' that the weather was not bad or not so hot or whatever. Given the geography of K.L., compared to Tehran, it IS indeed very hot and humid.

Next is your take on it being a factor. Well, to a chap sitting in the stands and having tokhmeh and juice next to him, it may have felt like that. But when in such conditions you have intense activity (such as a sporting event), even a couple of degrees make a lot of difference. And the more time you spend in that activity, the more energy reserves are depleted.
                              I am sure you had a jolly old time sitting up there and sipping your cold beverage. Noosheh joonet. But don't, for a second, assume 90+ minutes of running is similar to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                                Why are we going so far back? The most recent one is beating Qatar in Doha in June, which is pretty much as hot as it gets. With no Ashkan (no Ashkan for a large chunk of qualifiers really). With no Pouladi. With our #2 goalie who not many people believed in. In a hostile crowd. Against cheaters / a team who quite clearly fixed at least 2 matches. And we still won.
                                Hey, lets get even more recent. Do or die game in Ulsan, with unbelievable humidity. With no Ashkan. With no Pouladi. With our #2 goalie who not many people believed in. In a VERY hostile crowd. Against a team whose coach quite clearly wanted to finish us. While at the same time Uzbekistan and Qatar were having their own little match fixing so that even a tie would see us out. And we still won.
                                Ironically, in both these games we came out winners by sheer luck.

In the first one no matter what we did, we just couldn't get the goal .... until that lucky ricochet from the Qatari defender fell to RGN. The rest of the game we simply couldn't come up with anything to force the issue and get a goal.
                                And the game in Ulan was even more of a lucky break with several 100% misses by the Koreans while lady luck smiled upon us as the Korean defender's left leg said ''f**k you'' to his right leg and .... the rest is history.

Comment

Working...
                                X