TM list november 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    Indeed, a foot in the mouth moment here. The difference is contrary to your opinion, it is the wrong foot (yours) in the wrong mouth (yours).
    The weather conditions have nothing to do with the number of fans. This is the most basic matter here.
    It is also your ''OPINION'' that the weather was not bad or not so hot or whatever. Given the geography of K.L., compared to Tehran, it IS indeed very hot and humid.
    Next is your take on it being a factor. Well, to a chap sitting in the stands and having tokhmeh and juice next to him, it may have felt like that. But when in such conditions you have intense activity (such as a sporting event), even a couple of degrees make a lot of difference. And the more time you spend in that activity, the more energy reserves are depleted.
    I am sure you had a jolly old time sitting up there and sipping your cold beverage. Noosheh joonet. But don't, for a second, assume 90+ minutes of running is similar to that.
    Have you ever been to anywhere outside of Tehran? If you have then you wouldn't make this statement.

Most of our defensive line was from Shomal, where it is indeed very hot and humid half the year. Not to mention the other players from Jonoob, where it is indeed hot and humid 9 months out of the year.

And of course there are the rest of the players who I believe, but correct me if i'm wrong, have stepped foot outside of Tehran and have actually played matches in hot and humid weather.

and again, correct me if i'm wrong, but were they not training in that weather too?
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Come on guys, I think almost all objective fans would agree that although we got the two wins against Qatar and S. Korea, we did not have a convincing performance or outplay our opponents in any way.

Of course, the phrase "convincing performance" may be a little subjective, but IMHO these are the only games where we've done that under CQ in the last 3-1/2 years:

Iran - Lebanon (ACQ home match)
      Iran - Lebanon (WCQ home match)
      Thailand - Iran (ACQ return match)
      Lebanon - Iran (ACQ return match)
      Iran - Trinidad (friendly)
      Iran - Argentina (WC)

Overall, despite the fact that the wins against Qatar and Korea or tie against Nigeria may have not been convincing, we more or less had a good consistent run from February 2013 to June 2014, until the end of the Argentina game. That's why many people (including me) got fully behind CQ.

We're going to find out in exactly a week, whether the Bosnia game was just a fluke of a bad result, and one with very unfortunate timing, in the middle of a good run or if our good run came to and end with that loss in Salvador and CQ's tactics have been permanently exposed. And there's no better test for that than the Korea game IMHO, because both teams know each other very well and we've played them twice recently and won both times.

Let's just get behind TM and CQ for one more week and hope that we see lots of positives in this game so that we can be excited and more united going into the Asian Cup. It's definitely too late to make any managerial changes to TM and even if it wasn't, it's not like we have qualified candidates lined-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
        Iran - Jamaica (friendly)
        When did we play Jamaica?

Comment

So let me get this straight: Team Melli won some of their WCQ matches by sheer luck (against the likes of Qatar and Uzbekistan). By this token, Team Melli realistically should not have been in the World Cup and we were highly lucky to qualify (again, by playing the likes of Qatar and Lebanon). However, the same people that think our qualification was a fluke began demanding results in the World Cup itself? Really?

As for the comparison of players between the 2006 squad and the 2014 squad. Again, I will say that the 2006 squad was better. Those that are against CQ but argue that the 2014 squad was better don't realize that the 2014 squad seems better because of the work CQ put in to make it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            When did we play Jamaica?
            Fixed Kiarash jaan. If the Trinies knew I made that mistake, they'd kill me!

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
              Lol at this. Basically all of your own personal opinions you are holding out as fact. How Iranian of you.

Basically all of these are debatable. It's your opinion. You might think someone is dumb for thinking against your opinions, but realistically, fair minds could easily disagree with many of these.

I would say our current crop of GK's is lightyears ahead of Mirzakoor and Roudbarian.

I would say that dismissing Dejagah because he plays in Qatar is so reactionary. Dejagah won the Bundesliga as a starter on Vfl Wolfsburg in 2009, and fed many many important goals from the wing to Mario Madzukic. Put this on top of the fact that he was on the German U23 team that won the Euro championship alongside the likes of Boateng and Ozil, and this is easily proof that Mahdavikia is a different class is completely your opinion and BS.

They are comparable and one who looks objectively could make a decision either way. I will not say decisively Dejagah is better or worse, but your complete dismissal of him shows that you are biased in your opinions.

Also, a huge LOL at our defenders of Hosseini and Sadeghi being worse than Rezaei and Golmohammadi. Oh GOD! I cannot believe you said that. Believe what you want, it's your opinion, but in my mind, that's a ridiculous point to make. To not even say they are comparable is a joke.

Do you remember Rahman Rezaei passing the ball to the Mexican striker in 2006 WC. Go watch again. That defense was soorakh compared to today. Go check the numbers. Our defense over the last 4 years with Hosseini as the rock has conceded so little goals, and I can guarantee that.

Again, you base your opinion on the fact that Hosseini's 1 blunder against an aggressive Bosnia team is the most recent memory in your mind, so you are dismissing. Just you dismiss Dejagah's class because he went to Arabestan.

Seriously dude, you need to learn to be more objective in your opinions, because when you make such clear-cut statements, it's very easy to see bias and flaws in your opinions.
              Don't put words in my mouth pal, I never said these are clear cut facts, they are my opinion I'm totally aware of that.

But to say the current team is far better than our 2006-07 team is ridiculous, even more so if I were to claim my opinions as facts.

And to answer to your arguments:

- Dejagah isn't comparable to Kia, sorry. You really think his one or two good seasons in Wolfsburg an dun influential TM performances (so far) make him comparable to arguably our greatest legionaire or all time who won trophies, champions league matches, SCORED in them, assisted both our 2006 WC goals, I can go on for days. Sorry, until Dejagah does several very note worthy things for TM, in my opinion, he can't be compared to a legend like mahdavikia.

- ok, Reazie did make that same mistake. But go back and watch the game again and watch how many times bravo and borgetti went 1v1 with Reazie and tell me how many times they came on top. Reazie was able to close down space and not leave any room for forwards to shoot because as I said, he had the pedigree to do so from playing in Europe. Sadeghi and Seyyed Jalal couldn't, which is one of the ultimate reasons CQ doesn't play attacking football. And also Seyyed Jalal plays in a totally different system than Reazie where he has 7-8 other men helping him defend, so again, there's a clear advantage there.

Obviously our defense is stronger over the last 4 years, I'm not debating at. But that credit vastly goes to CQ and I guarantee you had he been our coach at the time of the 2006 WC it would have been very similar.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

^ here is a better questions. Did our TM really reach its full potential under CQ? Remember when CQ took over we had just beaten Russia in a Friendly (btw Khatabari scored). Nekounam wasn't even playing in that game. Then we added Dejagah and Gucci. So we should have gotten much much better.

But I'll bet you if we play Russia today, we'll park the 18-wheeler against them.

Did our football really become that much worse? or is CQ just not playing the team to its full strengths b/c of his defensive tactical philosophy?

Comment

AW: TM list november 2014

We won a friendly against a team consisting of players who were in the middle of a lengthy winter break due to an injury time goal. We should really have done better against Argentina three years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                    We won a friendly against a team consisting of players who were in the middle of a lengthy winter break due to an injury time goal. We should really have done better against Argentina three years later.
                    Well considering the fact that Korea beat Ghana in 2011 and we beat Korea twice after that, and then add the fact that Ghana tied Germany, we should have at least made it to the quarter finals of the WC in 2014 or make it in 2018. It really all makes sense when you disregard reality.
                    Last edited by rugs; 11-11-2014, 03:36 PM.
                    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
                      ^ here is a better questions. Did our TM really reach its full potential under CQ? Remember when CQ took over we had just beaten Russia in a Friendly (btw Khatabari scored). Nekounam wasn't even playing in that game. Then we added Dejagah and Gucci. So we should have gotten much much better.

But I'll bet you if we play Russia today, we'll park the 18-wheeler against them.

Did our football really become that much worse? or is CQ just not playing the team to its full strengths b/c of his defensive tactical philosophy?
                      That's a fairly debatable question you're asking, and my personal opinion is so far he has....but the real test to see if CQ has maximized his teams potential will come in January for me. Ask me this question after the AC.

That friendly was also played after an atrocious quarterfinal match vs SK (probably the worst TM match I have ever witnessed to date) and comparing that match to any of our 2 impressive WC performances, yes we have improved A LOT.

And to answer your second question, again, my opinion is that CQ is playing the team to its strengths with his defensive tactics for reasons I have stated many times and earlier on in this thread. However, I will say that it will or at least it should be different come January. Against our group opponents, we certainly won't go defensive...but when we run into a top dog that could be different....we'll have to wait and see what performances/results he gets with what strategy.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Indeed, a foot in the mouth moment here. The difference is contrary to your opinion, it is the wrong foot (yours) in the wrong mouth (yours).
                        The weather conditions have nothing to do with the number of fans. This is the most basic matter here.
                        It is also your ''OPINION'' that the weather was not bad or not so hot or whatever. Given the geography of K.L., compared to Tehran, it IS indeed very hot and humid.
                        Next is your take on it being a factor. Well, to a chap sitting in the stands and having tokhmeh and juice next to him, it may have felt like that. But when in such conditions you have intense activity (such as a sporting event), even a couple of degrees make a lot of difference. And the more time you spend in that activity, the more energy reserves are depleted.
                        I am sure you had a jolly old time sitting up there and sipping your cold beverage. Noosheh joonet. But don't, for a second, assume 90+ minutes of running is similar to that.
                        you are confusing things. When did I ever mention that the lack of fans has to do with the good (or bad) weather conditions. I merely pointed out that the conditions, one of which being the number unfriendly fans, was not a factor. Given the large number of Iranians living there, the number of Iranians outnumbered the number of Malaysian fans. The malaysians were sitting on the other side of the stadium clearly outnumbered, while on this side, you had a fully organized group of people chanting for TM, with "mammad booghi" leading the way, blowing his horn.

as for having a "jolly old time" (what is this?? british tea time conversations), I am willing to bet I had a much better idea about the conditions of the game sitting 10 meters away from the field versus you, being 5000 miles away, and probably half asleep, would ever have, regardless of whether I'm having tokhmeh or sipping a refreshment drink. It's just common sense, or as you would say, it's just prudence to the max.

and if you believe those professional players, many of which played in the humid summers of Germany and Italy were not conditioned to play against a dinky Malaysian amateur team, then you need to set your "soccer" book down, and instead of having the foot go into the mouth moment, let it touch a football, for once.
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                          Well considering the fact that Korea beat Ghana in 2011 and we beat Korea twice after than, and then add the fact that Ghana tied Germany, we should have at least made it to the quarter finals of the WC in 2014 or make it in 2018. It really all makes sense when you disregard reality.
                          As of this moment, this is the new slogan for Iranian football fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                            Don't put words in my mouth pal, ....
                            I really hope the irony was not lost to you.
                            A bit rich saying this when you casually carried on making statements for ME!!!

Iranian fans never fail to amuse, albeit making very little sense.

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                              Well considering the fact that Korea beat Ghana in 2011 and we beat Korea twice after that, and then add the fact that Ghana tied Germany, we should have at least made it to the quarter finals of the WC in 2014 or make it in 2018. It really all makes sense when you disregard reality.
                              ... all of which means we are equal to Germany. And that means the WC trophy was stolen from us!!!!😒😒

Comment

I really hope the irony was not lost to you.
                                A bit rich saying this when you casually carried on making statements for ME!!!

Iranian fans never fail to amuse, albeit making very little sense.
                                I did no such thing, at least not that I'm aware of and if I did, I certainly apologize. All I did was give a breakdown of you saying the current TM being miles better than 2006-07 TM.
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Working...
                                X