Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Neymar break Daei's record of International goals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
    Neymar besides Minavand and Ostad Asadi would have easily scored 50 more goals against Asian teams than Daei did. In his prime, Daei was the best Asian forward. No doubt. But are we really pretending he was on the same level as Neymar?

Even compared to the world class strikers of his own era Daei was not that special. These are some of his contemporaries: Bergkamp, Batistuta, Klinsmann, Romario, Bebeto, Rivaldo, Ronaldo. ... He was clearly not in the same league as any of those guys, and frankly it's silly to suggest that he was. Any one of them playing regularly against Asian defenders would have broken Daei's record. Romario and Bergkamp could have even doubled it, not to mention Ronaldo. Even at club level Hashemian had a better career in Europe than Daei did. He finished 3rd best scorer in Bundesliga with a mid-level team. Daei never came close to that.

Again, he was indeed the best Asian striker of his generation. But when you consider the vast difference in quality between Asian and European/South American football, especially at that time, that's not really saying much. This whole 'national scoring record' thing is put in perspective when you realize the 4th best is actually Bashar Abdullah of Kuwait.

To acknowledge these realities is not "bashing our heroes" or "putting ourselves down". It's simply not falling for the equally bad cultural habits of hero worship and relying on myths and exaggerations to inflate our pride.
    The reality is he is the best goal scorer of all time , with pele , puskas , berkamp, batistuta and all the others you mentioned BEHIND him , wether you like it or not this is reality , until you put these guys beside ostad asadi you wouldnt know. Plus my point is its useless to suggest these hypothetical scenarios of playing against weak asian teams,

If you played soccer in a grass league week in week out you would know a footballer has a good day and a bad day against the best or worst teams of the world even if you are pele , how many suggested chris ronaldo would score 3 against us in 2006 ? Or mijatovic and klinseman in 1998 , Or messi will easily score 3 against us ? We were a weak asian team werent we? Why didnt they have hat-trik against us? Because most of the time 2 players were defending against them , same story with daei in the old days , every time iran played against any asian team they had two especial defenders assigned only for daei and the other 8 inside their 18 yard box, bring any world class player in this mess and see if they score 108 times,

Daei knew the net very well he may not have had technique , but he knew how to score and he was deadly , he had great physical ability and speed in his youth , he knew where to position himself to coverup for his lack of technique, plus he was one of worlds best headers , that is why bayern munich bought him

Comparisons like this are useless anyways , and when some thing is useless why do it .
    reality is, he is the best goalscorer regardless of how he got it, its not his fault he was born an iranian, and dennis bergkamp a Dutch, bring bergkamp to a village in ardibil and in an iran after revolution see if he even makes it as a trash collector , lool nevertheless a mohandes and worlds best goal scorer , we can do comparisons like this too , but again its useless

Its not reality if you suggest a hypothetical scenario

Be salamati e shoma, having a beer now , enjoy ur weekend

Comment

Dai is a victim of Iran's lack of friendlies. Whereas Brazil plays like two games a week. Yet again Daie can always come back and score a few more. After all it is Iran.
      .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by arseces View Post
        The reality is he is the best goal scorer of all time , with pele , puskas , berkamp, batistuta and all the others you mentioned BEHIND him , wether you like it or not this is reality , until you put these guys beside ostad asadi you wouldnt know. Plus my point is its useless to suggest these hypothetical scenarios of playing against weak asian teams,
        If you played soccer in a grass league week in week out you would know a footballer has a good day and a bad day against the best or worst teams of the world even if you are pele , how many suggested chris ronaldo would score 3 against us in 2006 ? Or mijatovic and klinseman in 1998 , Or messi will easily score 3 against us ? We were a weak asian team werent we? Why didnt they have hat-trik against us? Because most of the time 2 players were defending against them , same story with daei in the old days , every time iran played against any asian team they had two especial defenders assigned only for daei and the other 8 inside their 18 yard box, bring any world class player in this mess and see if they score 108 times,
        Daei knew the net very well he may not have had technique , but he knew how to score and he was deadly , he had great physical ability and speed in his youth , he knew where to position himself to coverup for his lack of technique, plus he was one of worlds best headers , that is why bayern munich bought him
        Comparisons like this are useless anyways , and when some thing is useless why do it .
        reality is, he is the best goalscorer regardless of how he got it, its not his fault he was born an iranian, and dennis bergkamp a Dutch, bring bergkamp to a village in ardibil and in an iran after revolution see if he even makes it as a trash collector , lool nevertheless a mohandes and worlds best goal scorer , we can do comparisons like this too , but again its useless
        Its not reality if you suggest a hypothetical scenario
        The idea that Daei could have been much better if he'd been developed in Europe is plausible, but that's also a hypothetical scenario.

And we really don't need to speculate much when comparing him to his world-class contemporaries. He was playing in Europe at the same time as them. When you contrast their records with his while he played in Germany, it's pretty obvious he was a decent forward at best, not in the same league as greats like Romario or Bergkamp. As I said before even Hashemian managed to score 16 goals in one season which is better than what Daei ever did there.

That list is interesting but not that informative and very misleading if we don't consider the context. Maradona and Romario don't even crack the top 100, but Bashar Abdullah, Majed Abdullah and Thailand's Kiatisuk Senamuang are in the top 10! In fact from the top 10, 5 are from Asia, 1 from Trinidad and another from Egypt. That pretty much tells you how much the quality of opposition can affect a forward's scoring record. This list is by no means a proof of overall quality as a striker or footballer. Unless we also believe that Kiatisuk Senamuang was a more impressive forward than Thierry Henry and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Comment

The idea that Daei could have been much better if he'd been developed in Europe is plausible, but that's also a hypothetical scenario.

And we really don't need to speculate much when comparing him to his world-class contemporaries. He was playing in Europe at the same time as them. When you contrast their records with his while he played in Germany, it's pretty obvious he was a decent forward at best, not in the same league as greats like Romario or Bergkamp. As I said before even Hashemian managed to score 16 goals in one season which is better than what Daei ever did there.

That list is interesting but not that informative and very misleading if we don't consider the context. Maradona and Romario don't even crack the top 100, but Bashar Abdullah, Majed Abdullah and Thailand's Kiatisuk Senamuang are in the top 10! In fact from the top 10, 5 are from Asia, 1 from Trinidad and another from Egypt. That pretty much tells you how much the quality of opposition can affect a forward's scoring record. This list is by no means a proof of overall quality as a striker or footballer. Unless we also believe that Kiatisuk Senamuang was a more impressive forward than Thierry Henry and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Also the list has pele and puskas behind daei , we can also mention that

Its true that there are asian players there with higher goal scoring record than most of the world super stars , but that does not change any thing , this list is not about if they are the best footballers of all time, its about highest/best in record goal scorers of all time,

You see players like george best have only a handful of goals yet they are considered top 10 players of all time,

Daei has the highest international goals , thats a record it doesnt matter how or against who he scored they are still goals in the platform of fifa and its standards ,
          There are weak teams in europe like lichtenstein and sanmarino , isleand andorra azarbaijan armeina georgia , malta, that take 8 or 9 goals easily each time from italy holland and germany , their strength is relative , to our strength against arabic and south east asian teams

Also daei didnt get much playing time in bayern munich and moved to the club at age 31 , at 30 he moved to Armenia b, hashemian moved to germany when he was 24 there is a big difference between a player going to europe at 30 than one at 24 , yet daei was good enough to move bayern and hertha, also daei played only 10 20 minute games at bayern and managed to score 7 goals
          hands down daei is 10 times better finisher than hashemian , also if it wasnt for Daei and his goal scoring record and achievments for our national team the likes of hashemian would not even be able to play in europe

The triangle of bagheri daei azizi reinvented iranian football after revolution , daei and the team of 1996 onwards, had a major role in turning football into a symbol of national unity, the goals daei scored wasnt football goals only , every goal he scored it was changing how iranians felt about iran and their national pride, after the war we were a broken nation with a silenced sense of national pride, football was our only way of expressing our love for iran, every game iran played 60 million peoples were praying for a win because that was the only joy our people could have , that is why i ask the youngsters that were not born at the the time or were only 5 years old not to devalue the great achievement of this great footballer with false and hypothetical comparisons ,

Lets take what he achieved for our football with full pride and refrain our selves from hypothetical comparisons that r useless and doesnt change the reality of the record

Cheers

Comment

^ I was actually a fan of Daei back in 92 before he even debuted for team melli. A lot of the hardcore Daei fans I see online didn't even know he existed before Asian Cup 96 or even World Cup Qualifiers in 97. He was certainly the best Asian finisher in his prime but I don't agree that he was that much better than Hashemian. I guess we'll agree to disagree Take care my friend.

Comment

^ I was actually a fan of Daei back in 92 before he even debuted for team melli. A lot of the hardcore Daei fans I see online didn't even know he existed before Asian Cup 96 or even World Cup Qualifiers in 97. He was certainly the best Asian finisher in his prime but I don't agree that he was that much better than Hashemian. I guess we'll agree to disagree Take care my friend.
              His best goals in my opinion was in 1993 USA WC qualification
              Good old days
              Hope to see u around more often

Comment

Originally posted by arseces View Post

Daei's record is a national pride not sure why iranians try their best to degrade some thing the entire world values, why are we so sick like this , why cant we be thankful and proud of someones hard work for us, we iranians must stop our bad habit of self devaluation and self destruction

you can sum this up into why our nation is where its at today with IR and the identity crisis our people have when they leave iran. our people are extremist in many ways and all or nothing type of people. either you are god and untouchable, or you are absolute crap scum of earth. there is not in between or just simple credit where its due. you dont have to say someone is flawless and perfect but you can appreciate what that person did for certain things. i also dont get this degrading of our heros and insisting on hating on someone like Daei. whether the guy was like bergkamp or ronaldo is pretty stupid comparison and expectation. there is always a level to success....u dont just jump 10 steps. Daei was the first step, we need more guys to come and do better than him and we'll still not be on the level of stars from the top euro and s. american teams....we need a few more guys to achieve more than Daei for us to compare them and say ok now we have a world class player. quite honeslty i think if Daei started younger and stayed in europe longer or if he got his chances, he would've been a legit scoring machine in europe. truth is many times he missed his chances to play in europe cuz he was constantly coming back to play for iran and win us championships or lead us in WCQ.....but people use that against him

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                  you can sum this up into why our nation is where its at today with IR and the identity crisis our people have when they leave iran. our people are extremist in many ways and all or nothing type of people. either you are god and untouchable, or you are absolute crap scum of earth. there is not in between or just simple credit where its due. you dont have to say someone is flawless and perfect but you can appreciate what that person did for certain things. i also dont get this degrading of our heros and insisting on hating on someone like Daei. whether the guy was like bergkamp or ronaldo is pretty stupid comparison and expectation. there is always a level to success....u dont just jump 10 steps. Daei was the first step, we need more guys to come and do better than him and we'll still not be on the level of stars from the top euro and s. american teams....we need a few more guys to achieve more than Daei for us to compare them and say ok now we have a world class player. quite honeslty i think if Daei started younger and stayed in europe longer or if he got his chances, he would've been a legit scoring machine in europe. truth is many times he missed his chances to play in europe cuz he was constantly coming back to play for iran and win us championships or lead us in WCQ.....but people use that against him
                  No, THIS right here is the reason why our nation is where its at today. Becuase we lack reading comprehension and common sense. No one here has said that Daei sucks. No one. All we're saying is that you cannot compare Daei, arguably one of the best talents to come out of Asia, with Neymar, areguable one of the best talents in the WORLD. Let me repeat that, one of the best on the Planet Earth. You can tell Daei was a great becuase in his prime, regardless if it was Kazakhstan, Afghanistan, Samoa-stan, or Korea-stan, when he got the opportunity, he scored that shit 10/10. That's why he scored so much. Put Enayati in his shoes I dont think he would have converted a tenth of those chances.
                  With that said, you can't even put Daei in the same sentence as Neymar. I love TM, I love Iranian player, but I also love my sanity. You'd have to be insane to otherwise put Daei, a player that had very minimal impact on the European stage and the World stage as a whole outside of Asia, with Neymar, a name so well known that it is the first spoken word for some babies. That's all were saying. Daei is the Iranian Great. No doubt. But Neymar, man Neymar is something else. Will he get the record, who knows. Maybe Brazil will play the Maldive soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
                    No, THIS right here is the reason why our nation is where its at today. Becuase we lack reading comprehension and common sense. No one here has said that Daei sucks. No one. All we're saying is that you cannot compare Daei, arguably one of the best talents to come out of Asia, with Neymar, areguable one of the best talents in the WORLD. Let me repeat that, one of the best on the Planet Earth. You can tell Daei was a great becuase in his prime, regardless if it was Kazakhstan, Afghanistan, Samoa-stan, or Korea-stan, when he got the opportunity, he scored that shit 10/10. That's why he scored so much. Put Enayati in his shoes I dont think he would have converted a tenth of those chances.
                    With that said, you can't even put Daei in the same sentence as Neymar. I love TM, I love Iranian player, but I also love my sanity. You'd have to be insane to otherwise put Daei, a player that had very minimal impact on the European stage and the World stage as a whole outside of Asia, with Neymar, a name so well known that it is the first spoken word for some babies. That's all were saying. Daei is the Iranian Great. No doubt. But Neymar, man Neymar is something else. Will he get the record, who knows. Maybe Brazil will play the Maldive soon.
                    WTF are you talking about? who compared Daei to Neymar? looks like you need to enhance YOUR reading comprehension

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                      you summed it up nicely Sir. always a delight to see your posts

Comment

This Daei record is very unknown by foreigners that make everything to hide this.

If a random norwegian striker break the record by scoring +10 goals to San Marino and Gibraltar each time they face it plus some other random goals here and here, don't worry he will be glorified by all the media

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                          This Daei record is very unknown by foreigners that make everything to hide this.

If a random norwegian striker break the record by scoring +10 goals to San Marino and Gibraltar each time they face it plus some other random goals here and here, don't worry he will be glorified by all the media
                          U know its not even about everyone knowing this or if media talks about it etc.....there are tons of records out there that someone famous even holds and we dont know it off top of our head. Its not even about that. Its about just being in the record books for something. I could care less what others think of our country or soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
                            Naymar is certainly a great player. But the reason he is "being made" in to a god, is simple merchandising. Barcelona for example has had players like Samuel Eto'o who would mop the floor with Neymar. Unfortunately Eto'o is from the wrong continent and hence not marketable - Neymar is still in his infancy in terms of talent compared to the big names in EU or many Brazilians before him.

A month or so ago, I watched him in a Brazil-Colombia game - To his credit, I only saw a Ronaldinho wan-a-be. May be someday, but not yet.
                            .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

maybe he will break the record after all, he scored 2 more goals today in a friendly against Turkey. he now has 42 goals.
                              IRI = FAILED

Comment

His record with Brazil is incredible. 42 goals now in 59 matches i believe. He is just 22, unbeliveable. I dont think there has ever bern a player with so many goals at this age before .

Comment

Working...
                                X