• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Esteghlal's are screwing up the offer from LA Galaxy

http://www.varzesh3.com/news.do?item...84%D8%A7%D9%84
    چرا قرارداد را امضا نکرديد؟
    ناراحتي امريکايي ها از استقلال
    لس آنجلس گلکسي تيم ديگري را جايگزين استقلال مي کند.
    ناراحتي امريکايي ها از استقلال
    به گزارش "ورزش سه"، از مدتها قبل صحبت از اردوی استقلال در امریکا و بازی دوستانه این تیم مقابل لس آنجلس گلکسی به گوش می رسید. موضوع آنقدر جدی بود که استقلالی ها برای گرفتن ویزای امریکا راهی ارمنستان شدند منتهی برگزاری این دیدار به دلایل مختلف منتفی شد.
    حالا از امریکا خبر می رسد، مسئولان لس آنجلس گلکسی که امیدوار بودند استقلال را ژانویه 2015 در کشورشان ببینند، بعد از بدقولی استقلالی ها در امضای قرارداد بازی دوستانه (این ادعایی است که طرف امریکایی مطرح کرده است) حالا می خواهند تیم دیگری را جایگزین شاگردان امیر قلعه نویی کنند.
    استقلال تهران
    ليگ برتر

Reminds me of Estehlal's elimination from ACL several years ago, when QN defied AFC's deadline to submit their players names...

Comment

its the LA Galaxy not Real Madrid

Comment

I heard from a source connected with this, looks like they offered Esteghlal a sweet deal (no expenses to come over) and Esteghlal has been playing "Irooni Bazi" with them, saying we accept your offer, everything is okay, we will sign, today tomorrow, but they don't follow through. Also just being very unprofessional in their tactics..... for club who claims to be an Asian Powerhouse, its a sad state.

Esteghlal thinks the tactics used in Iran, work in the U.S. For the team to even get a visa to the US is a huge accomplishment, let alone being the first club from IR to play a top club from the US.

What a sad state the club must be in that they can't event go through with this gift that have been offered to them. No wonder players like Teyrmourian, etc all want to leave.

Comment

What's that suppose to me..."its the LA Galaxy not Real Madrid"....bottom line is the best thing that's ever come across Esteghlal's table in past decade.

As for Persepolis, I'm told they had the same offer from LA Galaxy, then after Ali Daie got fired, the new guys got greedy and were asking for ton of cash, more than what top European teams were asking for..... Galaxy's rep's just laughed at them and said, keep dreaming.

The Real Mardrid game was good publicity, but we all know how that story ended.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
            What's that suppose to me..."its the LA Galaxy not Real Madrid"....bottom line is the best thing that's ever come across Esteghlal's table in past decade.

As for Persepolis, I'm told they had the same offer from LA Galaxy, then after Ali Daie got fired, the new guys got greedy and were asking for ton of cash, more than what top European teams were asking for..... Galaxy's rep's just laughed at them and said, keep dreaming.

What? Esteghlal played much better teams such as Dynamo Kiev, Bursaspor and others in the past couple of years. A friendly with LA Galaxy is not that big of a loss at all. MLS teams don't play high level football, most European teams (top 2nd divisions included) would be better friendly options.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post

its supposed to mean exactly like what I wrote "its the LA Galaxy not Real Madrid". There only real player is Robbie Keane and a half decent Landon Donavon who is really overrated imo, seriously if they might as play Shahrdari Yasuj, because the Galaxy are pretty much the same plus Robbie Keane and Landon Donavon. In the MLS when a player does one stepover people literally go crazy like he nutmegged 11 players and chipped the goalkeeper from half. The MLS is a very physical and tactical league, but in terms of technique (with the exception of a few players) its on the same stage of the Azadegan League. I have watched live matches from both leagues so don't think this BS. The US is very successful because they send players at a young age to clubs in europe:
              Bobby Wood - age 21 - joined 1860 munich in 2007 (age 14)
              Jozy Altidore - age 24 - joined Villareal in 2008 (age 18)
              Alejandro Bedoya - age 27 - joined Malmo in 2009 (age 22)
              Mix Diskerud - age 24 - born in norway and joined staebak in 2005 (age 15)
              Alfred Morales - age 24 - born in germany joined Hertha in 2000 (age 10)
              Timothy Chandler - age 24 - born in germany joined Eintracht Frankfurt in 2001 (age 11)
              John Brooks - age 21 - born in germany
              Jermaine Jones - age 32 - born in germany joined Eintracht Frankfurt in 1995 (age 13)
              Julian Green - age 19 - joined Bayern M in 2010 (age 15)
              and also a few more you can look at yourself, compare that with TM, we have 4 players who joined a european club before the age of 22. People can say the USA is better than Iran, but I dont see how you can compare the MLS with even the IPL.

Comment

Perhaps the advantage wasn't just for Esteghlal but also for the Iranian community of LA.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                X