Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AFC recognizing Ali Daie and Homayoon Behzadi as Iran's best strikers in history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AFC recognizing Ali Daie and Homayoon Behzadi as Iran's best strikers in history?

I read something about this recently at a Farsi language news site. Has anyone else heard a similar story on English language sites? I admit I have no idea who Homayoon Behzadi is....
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

he is a famous perspolis striker, he is the only one who scored a hatrick in tehran derby, the 6-0, one of iran great forwards

Comment

The AFC recognizing Ali Daie and Homayoon Behzadi as Iran's best strikers in ...

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
      he is a famous perspolis striker, he is the only one who scored a hatrick in tehran derby, the 6-0, one of iran great forwards
      Eamon Zayed?

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
        I admit I have no idea who Homayoon Behzadi is....
        Wow really?! He's like a Shahin and PP legend and it was mainly because of him that we won the AC in 1968 with his goal vs. Israel. I think he scored some more important goals that tournament.
        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

What about Enayati's corpse? Surely needs to be recognized as well.

Impressive that AFC would do some research. Hopefully one day it will be Azmoun, or as I call him Sardard (for opposing defenses) Azmoun

Comment

Homayoon Behzadi is MY HERO ..... nuff said ... A LEGEND .... L-E-G-E-N-D ....

Comment

ive never seen behzadi's clips or anything like that but his role in iranian football and records speak for itself. he is an icon of iranian football and one of our first real legends, glad AFC hit the nail on the head for once.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Behzadi was the greatest as he almost scored in every game for Iran. He was amazing in the air as they called him "the golden head" And we all know about Daei, so I agree that the two are the unquestionable legends of Iranian football that will NEVER be forgotten. I would also add to this list, Gholamhossein Mazloumi, Ali Parvin, Hassan Rowshan and Parviz Ghelichkhani as the best players Iran ever had so far in history according to facts and what they achieved for Iran. Ofcourse players like Khodadad, Bagheri and Karimi and few more are the new addition that will soon be added to this list IMHO.
                Last edited by webmaster; 10-16-2014, 10:02 AM.
                __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

The news piece is on Iran Football Magazine's page on Facebook. I was surprised nobody here seemed to have time to mention it on the forums. Most likely because Daie's hardcore fans are now all grown-ups and too busy with work and family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homayoun_Behzadi
                  sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
                    What about Enayati's corpse? Surely needs to be recognized as well.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                      Behzadi was the greatest as he almost scored in every game for Iran. He was amazing in the air as they called him "the golden head" And we all know about Daei, so I agree that the two are the unquestionable legends of Iranian football that will NEVER be forgotten. I would also add to this list, Gholamhossein Mazloumi, Ali Parvin, Hassan Rowshan and Parviz Ghelichkhani as the best players Iran ever had so far in history according to facts and what they achieved for Iran. Ofcourse players like Khodadad, Bagheri and Karimi and few more are the new addition that will soon be added to this list IMHO.
                      Mazloumi and Rowshan were deadly strikers. Rowshan was unlucky not to hat-trick Peru in 1978 WC. Rowshan was the sole TM striker to have scored in a WC game until 36 years and 9 WC games later for Ghoochmandnejad to add his name to that list. As great as Daei was he failed to score in 6 WC games.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                        Kalani was "golden head". Sar talaei! Kalani, behzadi and Iranpak were the dream forward line of perspolise back in late 1960 and early 70s.

Comment

Originally posted by zand View Post
                          Kalani was "golden head". Sar talaei! Kalani, behzadi and Iranpak were the dream forward line of perspolise back in late 1960 and early 70s.
                          That's right. Kalani sar Talaie.

Comment

Originally posted by zand View Post
                            Yes, good old days. However I was never too crazy about Mazloumi, he would miss too many open goals.

Comment

Working...
                            X