• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id rather give that spot to Ghazi.
    sigpic ABIETEH

Comment

I simply don't like having Edinho in TM because:
      He is way too old. A 32 year old striker who played mostly for Mes Kerman won't be useful for TM especially since we have way more promising and talented players. Secondly, Edinho has not a single connection to Iran! If he stayed here for few more years, took time to learn the language, and shows appreciation for the country then I would be all for it. The problem is that naturalizing and inviting a 32 year old average striker doesn't make any sense whether he is white, black, purple or orange.

And please don't start the racism stuff, because I am pretty sure most of us would like to have Edinho in TM if he was really that good and young regardless of his skin color. The reality is that its not worth to have him in our team since we currently have better than him. He would only be a burden for Azmoun's and Jahanbakhsh's progress.

Comment

I would like to see the glas as half full, Edinho could be the door opener like Zandi was for: Reza, Ashkan, Danial, Steven etc.
        I am confident that CQ selects his team based on quality rather than nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by AsOen5 View Post
          Edinho is 32 years old and he is a striker, rahmani and sadeghian aren't strikers and edinho is better than Kaveh Rezaei.
          A spot is a spot.
          Secondly, we've had plenty of such cases. And all of them showed inconsistent the following year. Olerum, anyone?

So we penalize our own people for a 32 year old who may or may not retain his form. Who may or may not gel with the team. Who may or may not be able to show the same quality at national levels and most importantly, for perhaps one year or at the very maximum two years of service??????
          At the risk of being slotted along crap teams like Qatar and Saudi and Lebanon for importing their national team players???
          NO. NO. NO.

Comment

TM as its clear from the name it's National team, for Iranian National.
            He is not Iranian citizen, not yet. All these talks for few years mean nothing. If he want to be citizen nobody is stopping him.
            When he become citizen. then let's see if Coach need him.
            That issue is not for now, It's his or his agent agenda and propaganda .
            CQ at the request of IFF plan to replaced aged players with younger one. If plan is to replace Teymourian ( he already express / willingness /for retirement from TM) , Nekonam, Sadeghi.... with younger players why invite a 32 years old with no history in any national level teams?

I hope he go ahead and become a citizen. Good that he is with Tractor and no need to go to Sarbazi.

P.S
            Correction.
            Playing for Tractor will not necessarily exempt a player from Sarbazi. Player need to be part of military quota for each team to be exempt beside playing in military clubs( Moghavamat, Fajr Sepasi, Tractorsazi, Malavan)

Comment

im and have always been FOR MOST PART against such naturalization for the sake of invites to TM..!!
              the Only exception i'd make is a very Dire positional need and Absolute Superiority offered by the said candidate for TM in that position..!!

old, average-at-best striker Edinho doesnt come even close to fulfilling the Stringent qualification process to attain such privileges in my mind..!!

In my mind the Pride in still having a rare, relatively Homogenous National Team Far OUTWEIGHS any football benefits that Edino could possibly provide for our current TM..!!

He is more than welcome to become a Iranian citizen and in fact i'm sorta happy he thinks so highly of his currently adopted country, but For a TM Invite, he simply lacks the those Stringent Requirements..!!

Comment

Edinho to become an Iranian citizen

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                Completely agree.

The best test (granted it will be after the fact) to see if someone really wanted to obtain the nationality of another country on paper for pure love of the country is to see who they marry and what they name their children. A person who chooses a spouse from their old country and names their children names from their old country clearly wasn't that much wooed by the country they are switching nationalities on paper to.
                So basically by this logic now that I am married to a non Iranian I don't like Iran as much as people who married Iranians. If I end up naming my kid after my wife's grand dad who was a lovely and respected man again I love Iran less. You people are coming up with gold. Notions like love, mutual respect and equality in your eyes should come second to nationalist BS. You will find it very difficult to live in the modern global village. Tough times ahead.

BTW just so you know if Edinho becomes Iranian his kids will get an Iranian name as "sabte Ahval" will not accept any other. As a human being he is allowed to fall in love with any woman from any nationality without raising any question about his love for Iran.
                Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  I simply don't like having Edinho in TM because:
                  He is way too old. A 32 year old striker who played mostly for Mes Kerman won't be useful for TM especially since we have way more promising and talented players. Secondly, Edinho has not a single connection to Iran! If he stayed here for few more years, took time to learn the language, and shows appreciation for the country then I would be all for it. The problem is that naturalizing and inviting a 32 year old average striker doesn't make any sense whether he is white, black, purple or orange.
                  And please don't start the racism stuff, because I am pretty sure most of us would like to have Edinho in TM if he was really that good and young regardless of his skin color. The reality is that its not worth to have him in our team since we currently have better than him. He would only be a burden for Azmoun's and Jahanbakhsh's progress.
                  In addition to my post:

Ask yourself this question. Do you guys think inviting such players will lead to heroic and passionate performances like against Argentina? To put up such performance, determination, proud and passion you won't come anywhere by inviting a Brazilian who has lived in Iran for only few years without any other connections with the country.. For all of us Argentina is probably the most emotional game we have ever seen, while for the majority of people it was just ''Iran deserved to win because they played this good.''

Get where I am going? Playing for a national team needs real passion. It's not club football where you play for money as part of your job. If its still not clear, watch Hosseini's interview after the Argentina game again and listen at his answers.

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
                    So basically by this logic now that I am married to a non Iranian I don't like Iran as much as people who married Iranians. If I end up naming my kid after my wife's grand dad who was a lovely and respected man again I love Iran less. You people are coming up with gold. Notions like love, mutual respect and equality in your eyes should come second to nationalist BS. You will find it very difficult to live in the modern global village. Tough times ahead.

BTW just so you know if Edinho becomes Iranian his kids will get an Iranian name as "sabte Ahval" will not accept any other. As a human being he is allowed to fall in love with any woman from any nationality without raising any question about his love for Iran.
                    You did not understand my post at all based on how you applied it to yourself. Read it again.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      You did not understand my post at all based on how you applied it to yourself. Read it again.
                      I got it all right. Your litmus test is inherently racist. But this thread ran its course. Human progression and globalisation will sort this out soon enough
                      Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

it's not about Edinho, it's about the principal. and everyone else who want to become Iranian.

please try to understand that once someone is an Iranian citizen, he is 100% Iranian citizen with the constitutional rights that comes with it, so stop having limits for people and judging them as your not a judge nor an Iranian immigration officer to deny anyone their rights. your just an Iranians who left Iran many years ago for whatever reasons (most of you at least) and now are telling everyone in Iran to: Lengesh Kon!!

This is double standard. because most of you are citizens of other countries who were treated the way you do not want to treat a new Iranian citizen. Case Closed!
                        Last edited by webmaster; 10-10-2014, 03:14 PM.
                        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
                          I got it all right. Your litmus test is inherently racist. But this thread ran its course. Human progression and globalisation will sort this out soon enough
                          You did not understand my post and either did not reread it or just did not understand it again.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                            I think this thread should come back down to earth and discuss Edinho's citizenship. I for one support his citizenship regardless of the motives and wish him well in Iran. It makes me proud that guys like him and Danny Olerum enjoy Iranian culture enough to want to be citizens!

Edinzadeh or Edinolla should be his new name on his passport!
                            Fully agreed, however don't see a reason to change their names. Imagine how we would feel if we were forced to change our names in the country of our residence.

Comment

Kamran jaan, interestingly most folks who oppose such naturalization and Tm invitation to those affected by, are predominantly those who have barely been to Iran, or left the country years ago.

I am up against extreme nationalism, I wouldn't tolerate Americans playing that card on me, mor would I inflict it on those who seek Iranian citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                                it's not about Edinho, it's about the principal. and everyone else who want to become Iranian.

please try to understand that once someone is an Iranian citizen, he is 100% Iranian citizen with the constitutional rights that comes with it, so stop having limits for people and judging them as your not a judge nor an Iranian immigration officer to deny anyone their rights. your just an Iranians who left Iran many years ago for whatever reasons (most of you at least) and now are telling everyone in Iran to: Lengesh Kon!!

This is double standard. because most of you are citizens of other countries who were treated the way you do not want to treat a new Iranian citizen. Case Closed!

Dear:
                                I too think there should be no double standard.
                                If he or anyone else like to become Iranian citizen rule should be the same.
                                When Edinho apply, he should go through same process as others do and no exception for him. Once become citizen then he has to wait and see like other players if he is needed for national Team.

Most countries that I am aware of (in my case USA) they don't give citizenship to all people who desire or apply but only to selective ones.
                                Even those selective one has to go to the process that may take few years (in USA up to 5 years) to become citizen.

Why Edinho expect to be given immediate Citizenship so he can play for National team?
                                That will be double standard. There are over 5 million Immigrants who became Iranian Citizen in recent years (Mostly Afghani, Iraqi...), they all gone to a process and If Edinho want citizenship he can do the same.

Objection is not about his citizenship or his rights (Citizenship for foreign national is not a right but privilege), but condition he attached to it.
                                Most objections are about invitation to TM. When TM is in process of replacing older player with younger one, why discriminate and invite a 32 years old player (even if he apply, will take over a year in Iran to become citizen)?
                                Yesterday CQ echoed IFF policy of replacing older player with younger one.
                                I repeat , I hope he go ahead and apply for citizenship.

رد مقابل اشترول نمایی از جوانگرایی بود
                                ۱۸/مهر/۱۳۹۳ - ۱۶:۵۷
                                کی روش: وقت اضافه شدن بازیکنان جوان به تیم اصلی است

Comment

Working...
                                X