Edinho to become an Iranian citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is more concerning is passing judgment on other people's motive for getting Iranian citizenship.
    As long as the person is not breaking any laws why question motives. Why are we so obsessed with playing judge jury and executioner.
    Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

I think this thread should come back down to earth and discuss Edinho's citizenship. I for one support his citizenship regardless of the motives and wish him well in Iran. It makes me proud that guys like him and Danny Olerum enjoy Iranian culture enough to want to be citizens!

Edinzadeh or Edinolla should be his new name on his passport!

Comment

I dont understand the discussion anymore, there are some Users talking about the blood you should have, to be in TM, Another member is saying that we are all racists because we are iranian????
        While most of us have no problem with Edhinho getting the citizenship and when CQ thinks that he would be good for TM he is.

But do you really think that Beitashour is more iranian than Edinho?
        Maybe Beitashours parents are iranian, but I am quite sure that Edinho can speak better farsi and he is living in Iran. Both of them would like to play for iran for the same reason.

Was Edinho in Navad or something like that?? I would like to see him talking farsi ^^
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
          ^ this is not just about Edinho but Iranian's racism. So if another black Brazilian is born in Iran or grown up there at least, then you would all say YES??? lol I really dont think so.
          BUT if he was white, then maybe everyone here would agree with me. :-) it's just about colors here I am sure.
          It is not, well at least for me it's not.

A Brazilian can be white, black, purple, orange...it doesn't matter for me. As long as one of his parents are Iranian, then he can play for the Iranian NT. It doesn't matter what color he is or where he has been born!

It's just my view on this. Of course others can think otherwise, which is perfectly fine and I respect that.
          Last edited by Amin_; 10-10-2014, 01:19 AM.
          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
            You know what is funny. I bet 90% of ppl who are playing the Iranian blood drum celebrated the female silver medal earned for Iran in Asian games last month by a pure Belarusian girl.

Rest of us have raised above petty things like blood and care about respect. She is more Iranian to me than most of this forum.
            There is a huge difference between her and Edinho. She decided to represent Iran while she was already representing Belarus. St Mark posted earlier in this thread that Edinho has clearly said that he wants to become Iranian ONLY if he gets invited to Team Melli. I personally don't agree with the members that say that one should have Iranian blood to be eligable to play for Team Melli but you should certainly have some love for Iran, speak the language and do it for the country of Iran and its people, not for your personal benefits. Something what Leila Rajabi clearly did.

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
            just to clear something here.. this is not about us going to look for players to naturalize like Qatar in which many are using as one word excuse to divert everything and make themselves happy. Qatar offers players money to join them but here is not the case. And if he becomes naturalized, it means he is Iranian. Qatar has almost no other players in the same level but we do. But any naturalized black/white/yellow/red, exactly like every other Iranian, must fight for the shirt.

Qatar cannot be YOUR excuses to deny the natural right of any human who chooses a country he was not born in, as his own and swears in honor and dignity that he will do anything to protect and defend it and goes through whatever we ask him to do to become Iranian AND he doesn't actually get paid for this naturalization as they do it in QATAR.

DOES HE??????

so please wake up. the world is evolving into a more international rather than national place. We have severe global issues now such as Diseases, natural catastrophic events, hunger, war, genocide and much more. So if most of Iranians who took refuge in other countries had hosts like you, they would have not been calling their current countries as their home or would they?

Iranian, Persian or whatever you guys think we are, we have for centuries ago moved here and called it home, some made it earlier and some much much later like they are doing now.

I see a nation should be like a big umbrella that covers its citizens,, is just not right to not let the new citizens share it with you my friends. We are not talking about them becoming the president of Iran but be an Iranian that has right to participate like all of us.

Now..if one more time anyone says QATAR, then you are just not getting it and most probably never will.
            Kamran jan, Qatar tried to pay foreigners such as Ailton to convince them to get the Qatari nationality and play for their country but thank god FIFA didn't allow that to happen. However, the other foreigners that are playing in the national team of Qatar came to Qatar together with their family at a young age. Other players such as Sebastian Soria became Qatari because they saw it as the only opportunity to represent an international team and play on the international stage. Now if Edinho has claimed that he ONLY wants to become Iranian IF he is invited to Team Melli, how does that make him a different case?

I have no problems with him become Iranian, but I won't have a good feeling if he gets invited to Team Melli because I definitely believe that he only wants to become Iranian to be eligable to play for Team Melli and not because he loves Iran or whatever.

Comment

Wait a second.
              Did Edinho really said that?
              Iranian Citizenship only if he gets invited to TM?
              In this case a clear: No.

I missed that very important point obviously.
              Still i have no problem if he or any other iranian loving foreigner applies for a citizenship. But not connected to demands!
              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post
                There is a huge difference between her and Edinho. She decided to represent Iran while she was already representing Belarus. St Mark posted earlier in this thread that Edinho has clearly said that he wants to become Iranian ONLY if he gets invited to Team Melli. I personally don't agree with the members that say that one should have Iranian blood to be eligable to play for Team Melli but you should certainly have some love for Iran, speak the language and do it for the country of Iran and its people, not for your personal benefits. Something what Leila Rajabi clearly did.
                That is not true, in her own interview she admitted that while at youth level she could represent Belarus, she didn't ave much chance in adult level. Edinho speaks Farsi and he is well across our culture. The way you guys talk about this incentive of playing for Iran is as if he would earn millions or massive endorsement deals.

Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post
                Kamran jan, Qatar tried to pay foreigners such as Ailton to convince them to get the Qatari nationality and play for their country but thank god FIFA didn't allow that to happen. However, the other foreigners that are playing in the national team of Qatar came to Qatar together with their family at a young age. Other players such as Sebastian Soria became Qatari because they saw it as the only opportunity to represent an international team and play on the international stage. Now if Edinho has claimed that he ONLY wants to become Iranian IF he is invited to Team Melli, how does that make him a different case?

I have no problems with him become Iranian, but I won't have a good feeling if he gets invited to Team Melli because I definitely believe that he only wants to become Iranian to be eligable to play for Team Melli and not because he loves Iran or whatever.
                Isn't this a bit selfish? if Iran gets to be successful in the footballing stage many pure Iranians (the type that you like) will benefit from it. You want to deny them that because of your unproven view of someone's motive? I am guessing you hold a non-iranian citizenship as well as your Iranian ones, would you like to be treated like dirt by the citizens of your second country because of your motives? lets face it you didn't become citizen of that country to benefit them, you were first and foremost looking after yourself. It is bad for Edhino to do it but hey the 10s of millions of Iranians living overseas are all good!
                Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                  Wait a second.
                  Did Edinho really said that?
                  Iranian Citizenship only if he gets invited to TM?
                  In this case a clear: No.
                  I missed that very important point obviously.
                  Still i have no problem if he or any other iranian loving foreigner applies for a citizenship. But not connected to demands!
                  Of course he hasn't said that otherwise why would he start his process to become Iranian (considering no mention from CQ). The racists said the same thing about Olerum but he became Iranian and never got invited to TM.
                  Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

I don't even know why we are denying Iranian racism, we don't even respect people from different cities. Every interaction starts with, ye ruz ye torke, yeruz ye lore, yeruz ye ghazvinie, ye ruz ye rashtie, ye ruz ye esfehanie, ye reuz ye shirazie, ye ruz ye arabe, etc... I have lived in Australia and New Zealand for a long time and while they have stereotypes about different parts of country it is not the conversation starter.
                    Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

That is not true, in her own interview she admitted that while at youth level she could represent Belarus, she didn't ave much chance in adult level. Edinho speaks Farsi and he is well across our culture. The way you guys talk about this incentive of playing for Iran is as if he would earn millions or massive endorsement deals.
                      Ok, I thought she started to represent Iran after she married an Iranian athlete.

Does he speak Farsi? I have never seen him speaking Farsi. No, he wouldn't earn millions or get any better deals by playing for Iran, but come on, playing for a national team is something special. Having the chance to play in an international tournament such as the Asian Cup, World Cup or Olympic Games is something what all athletes dream of.

Isn't this a bit selfish? if Iran gets to be successful in the footballing stage many pure Iranians (the type that you like) will benefit from it. You want to deny them that because of your unproven view of someone's motive? I am guessing you hold a non-iranian citizenship as well as your Iranian ones, would you like to be treated like dirt by the citizens of your second country because of your motives? lets face it you didn't become citizen of that country to benefit them, you were first and foremost looking after yourself. It is bad for Edhino to do it but hey the 10s of millions of Iranians living overseas are all good!
                      No, I don't feel its selfish. I mean, I'm not against Edinho getting the Iranian nationality. In the Netherlands everyone can apply for the Dutch nationality after five years. Whether you love the country or not. However, I believe that whoever wants to play for a national team, that person should love and find it an honor to represent that country.

Comment

Come on guys, just apply logic to your views. If his motive is all about being part of a NT and participating in high profile events. He could get that by joining other nations. He is at a level that could easily feature for other NTs qualified for AC (Kuwait, Iraq, Bahrain, UAE, China, etc...). How can you be so sure that he doesn't love Iran or being Iranian? just admit it, that you are traditional and find it easier to pass judgment on non-Iranians.

You will be so pissed off if you were in Edhino's shoes, reading this thread, so easily questioning his motives. While there are Iranian players on Iranian club or NT teams who do have questionable motives like money, girls and fame but they get away with it because hey they are Iranian.

I have met Australians who believe I am more Australians than people living here for 5 generations because I pay my taxes and don't break any laws. I love that attitude because it gives me equal opportunities, focuses on results rather than intangible things like blood, motives, etc...
                        Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                          It is not, well at least for me it's not.

A Brazilian can be white, black, purple, orange...it doesn't matter for me. As long as one of his parents are Iranian, then he can play for the Iranian NT. It doesn't matter what color he is or where he has been born!

It's just my view on this. Of course others can think otherwise, which is perfectly fine and I respect that.
                          Completely agree.

The best test (granted it will be after the fact) to see if someone really wanted to obtain the nationality of another country on paper for pure love of the country is to see who they marry and what they name their children. A person who chooses a spouse from their old country and names their children names from their old country clearly wasn't that much wooed by the country they are switching nationalities on paper to.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Come on guys, just apply logic to your views. If his motive is all about being part of a NT and participating in high profile events. He could get that by joining other nations. He is at a level that could easily feature for other NTs qualified for AC (Kuwait, Iraq, Bahrain, UAE, China, etc...). How can you be so sure that he doesn't love Iran or being Iranian? just admit it, that you are traditional and find it easier to pass judgment on non-Iranians.
                            You will be so pissed off if you were in Edhino's shoes, reading this thread, so easily questioning his motives. While there are Iranian players on Iranian club or NT teams who do have questionable motives like money, girls and fame but they get away with it because hey they are Iranian.
                            I have met Australians who believe I am more Australians than people living here for 5 generations because I pay my taxes and don't break any laws. I love that attitude because it gives me equal opportunities, focuses on results rather than intangible things like blood, motives, etc...
                            Of course people will have equal opportunities but here the topic is selecting 11 people out of 70 million as representatives of your country. It's only logical to have stricter criteria for determining the 11.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I'd rather give the TM spot to the likes of Rezaei, Rahmani, Sadeghian, .... than a 30 year old brazilian

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                                I'd rather give the TM spot to the likes of Rezaei, Rahmani, Sadeghian, .... than a 30 year old brazilian
                                Edinho is 32 years old and he is a striker, rahmani and sadeghian aren't strikers and edinho is better than Kaveh Rezaei.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X