No announcement yet.

Edinho to become an Iranian citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just to clear something here.. this is not about us going to look for players to naturalize like Qatar in which many are using as one word excuse to divert everything and make themselves happy. Qatar offers players money to join them but here is not the case. And if he becomes naturalized, it means he is Iranian. Qatar has almost no other players in the same level but we do. But any naturalized black/white/yellow/red, exactly like every other Iranian, must fight for the shirt.

Qatar cannot be YOUR excuses to deny the natural right of any human who chooses a country he was not born in, as his own and swears in honor and dignity that he will do anything to protect and defend it and goes through whatever we ask him to do to become Iranian AND he doesn't actually get paid for this naturalization as they do it in QATAR.

DOES HE??????

so please wake up. the world is evolving into a more international rather than national place. We have severe global issues now such as Diseases, natural catastrophic events, hunger, war, genocide and much more. So if most of Iranians who took refuge in other countries had hosts like you, they would have not been calling their current countries as their home or would they?

Iranian, Persian or whatever you guys think we are, we have for centuries ago moved here and called it home, some made it earlier and some much much later like they are doing now.

I see a nation should be like a big umbrella that covers its citizens,, is just not right to not let the new citizens share it with you my friends. We are not talking about them becoming the president of Iran but be an Iranian that has right to participate like all of us.

Now..if one more time anyone says QATAR, then you are just not getting it and most probably never will.
    Last edited by webmaster; 10-09-2014, 03:15 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

To be honest, I couldn't care less where the player is from. As long as he speaks the language, has the iranian nationality and shows love for Iran, he is just as iranian to me as anyone else playing for TM. Some of u think that it's modern to have a black player in a national team, but that's not the case. A modern country treats its citizens as equals, no matter what skin colour or ethnicity. People like Edinho or Oleroum are probably more iranian than Davari or Mr. "STEVEN" Beitashour.

Comment

Having read all comments ...

I guess some of you would need to understand that the world is a different place now ... as many of us have migrated to different parts of the world and have accepted citizenship of other countries and expect to be given all rights as other naturally borne citizens, so other people can do in Iran.

If an African can play for Germany or Italy, a Bosnian for Sweden, a Brazilian for Japan, why not a Brazilian for Iran ... I don't understand the logic to prevent someone from pursuing the opportunity to play for Iranian national team, when they by choice become Iranian and have the potential to pursue their dream.

Let's not have double standards ..

Comment

F*ck Globalization! Our norms and religions are being violated! Our blood is loosing its purity each day!

Lol jk

Comment

Comment

No Iranian blood, no TM simple as that folks sorry we aren't qatar.
              And if messi were to apply for iranian citizenship, I still would not approve of him playing for TM. I'm not racist towards blacks or anything like that, but seriously, let's not stoop down to the Qataris level.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                Khosh be halesh! he can visit Syria, North Korea and Iraq now without any visa!!

Comment

Very well said. It's funny that you, Zandi360, webmaster and I have all had disagreements in recent times, but I completely agree with all of you in this thread lol. While we are on the same side let me say, Camran for TM!

Comment

Not sure why he is doing this, but if his intentions are for TM, the some one should let him know it's for Iranians only not Brazilians or any other ethnicity
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Edinho to become an Iranian citizen

Oy vey the overly nationalistic rambling of Iranians is quite embarrassing and annoying. If you're a citizen of any country, then you should definitely equally have all citizenship's privileges as the rest of the country's. Cannot grant provisional citizenship and deprive them of some of the privileges...

Ughhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                        Even if Johan Cruijff or Maradona on their best would want to play for the Iranian NT, I would still say no, let alone Edinho and such!
                        For me this has nothing to do with racism! I just firmly believe that a National Team should be only for players from that country (bloodline).
                        you realize you are kind of contradicting yourself! If the thing that matters for you is the "nationality", then he is a national of Iran once he has his citizenship. If the thing that matters to you the most is the bloodline, then that has everything to do with Race.

Comment

lol this is too much...people are talking about blood and a certain member which i mentioned before is going around and agreeing with them and they are even agreeing with the certain member but hidden to all is the fact that the certain member has made up their own version of what they call "blood" and it has nothing to do with what everyone else is talking about. in fact the certain member is so confused that he is making more of a point for modern nationality and citizenship than he is making for "iranian blood"... god bless him...

Comment

This thread devolved pretty quickly from one opinion to the complete opposite opinion. Obviously we have big disagreements and there is really nothing to be solved by bickering. I just hope that some members know that I am not personally attempting to accuse them of being overt racists. My statement is a generalization about Iran and Iranians in general, and it is in an attempt to look at it as a third-person instead of as an Iranian to prevent bias.

I can see how Iranians look at and treat outsiders. We don't have a great track record in the last 40 years of welcoming outsiders with open arms. I personally attributed this to an anti-foreigner and xenophobic mentality that has been instilled in us. If you attribute this to another reason and you don't agree with me, that is fine.

My original statement was an exaggeration, in that all Iranians don't have this mentality in their DNA. Rather, my post was attempting to show that this mentality is rampant in our society and we could use some more welcoming attitudes in my opinion. Our fear of those who aren't Iranian can only harm us. If every nation had this attitude, the world would be a terrible place. Again, don't take my statements or anybody else agreeing as saying that you are an active racist if you disagree. Instead, just know that the attitude you possess, that is likely a result of your upbringing is old-fashioned in our eyes and will harm Iran in the long run. Hopefully this attitude against outsiders has been applied to every legionnaire trying to come to TM. We always say "what is wrong with all the players we have in IPL??"

Why is this our first reaction?

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                              you realize you are kind of contradicting yourself! If the thing that matters for you is the "nationality", then he is a national of Iran once he has his citizenship. If the thing that matters to you the most is the bloodline, then that has everything to do with Race.
                              that is what one would assume but apparently there is a member here (i am not gonna say who but he knows who he is) who has invented a whole new concept...

Comment

^ hzv jan, lets stop this blood stuff and keep up with the thread concept bro. thanks.
                                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

Working...
                                X