Edinho to become an Iranian citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aryanirani View Post
    Anyone who would allow Edinho to be in TM is a traitor full stop.
    if he goes through the process without making shortcuts and he loves iran, then how is he not iranian? He is not diffrent than me and you if he loves iran and is a citizen. He is iranian, you think in canada, norway, or sweden the people that support the players on their national team who are originally from another country are traitors? You think swedish people who love Ibra are traitors? I understand if edinho goes running off to brazil after he is naturlised then you would be right, but until then you make a incorrect point.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
      this is BS.. do you guys know Ozil OR Abrahomovic?? you think your more racist than Swedes or Germans?? well yes we are I am afraid to say.. then I rest my case.

what is this nationalistic blood burning BS we Iranians have? the land of Cyrus the great was a mixed culture land that accepted to be Iranians..so please stop this now. nobody gives you a medal to be racist nowadays.

so you rather have an Arab regime like IR run our country and rape us and our families in any ways humanly possible but refrain from trying something new that has shown effective around the world? to use motivation as the new citizens are more motivated than the rest to prove themselves rather than Iranians who might not even join the TM when we needed them the most, and we all know who hit hint. and not use someone who loves to be Iranian and has lived here long enough and got married here probably? because you think we have more talent in Iran? where do we exactly have these talents your talking about? we have actually many candidates and followers, but real talent, we need to sit and maybe and only maybe we could find 10 all over Iran but whom never even have been tried at professional level nor shown anything real promising. so we have to spend money on these people who might never succeed but NEVER use someone who has already spent a lot of time and money to become what he is today??

please if you are against foreigners in Iran..start from your foreign loving regime before you stop them in TM.

I say everyone must have a chance if they are willing to be a soldier of our country..carrying guns or kicking enemies balls. and if they prove to love Iran and CAN do something for Iran, then they will all get my vote.
      I agree although Ozil and Abrahomovic were both born and raised in Germany and Sweden so it's ok for them to play for that country. Diego Costa & Deco would be a better example. If Spanish and Portuguese people didn't oppose those selections why should we?

Comment

^ your right, but the point is the same. for me playing them in the NT is almost like someone wants to join our army and risk to get killed for me, so he is my fellow Iranian no questions asked.
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

We don't need Brazilians or Africans to play for us, we aren't Qatar
          "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

what is edinho thinking? at a time when many iranians want to avoid being attached in any way to the islamic republic of iran this guy wants to become a citizen?! thank god a certain member has not started his "blood" talk in this thread yet although i have lots of love for this member i believe he doesn't have a clue about what blood is and means god bless him...

Comment

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
              It's one thing bringing 2nd rate Iranians from 2nd rate leagues, it's a whole different thing bringing in 2nd rate Brazilians to TM. It's IRAN national team. IRAN.
              We should embrace others wanting to become Iranian and not be so closed. Our culture should is open to those that are willing to contribute and I consider his presence and what he does as a contribution to Iran. Just my opinion.
              sigpic

Comment

Firstly, we don't know if his citizenship is purely to join TM. Assuming he is, we should encourage him to go after his dream and go through the due process according to our present laws. As webmaster said it perfectly, this is the land of Cyrus the Great and I think he would rollover in his grave if he could hear what some of you are saying.
                sigpic

Comment

Now... if Edinho had a child with a woman who isn't Iranian, and the child was born in Iran, then I think it's okay for him to play for TM. He was born in Iran, and he learned how to play football in Iran, so he is nationally Iranian.
                  "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Behrang Safari plays for Sweden, so what if Edinho plays for TM.

Comment

It is unbelievable! Here we have a bunch of truly ignorant morons on this board who are themselves prepared to take the citizenship of other countries - especially those with so much blood on their hands for the atrocities they have inflicted on this world for decades - yet they dare to criticise someone who perhaps, if they paused for one second to focus their tiny little mind to think, might be possibly doing this for the love of the country they live in. The way some people on this board talk, it seems they oppose any inter-racial marriages, children etc, because by some fantasy they think their blood is so pure and they were never affected by 200 years of occupation by Arabs, etc. Wake up!
                      STOP THE RACISM ON PDFC
                      Racism = Brain Dead Ignorance

Comment

Edinho to become an Iranian citizen

Mind blowing comments here.

There is absolutely no evidence that he wants to join TM. It's just a fucking citizenship.
                        A fucking useless piece of shit paper.
                        The same most of YOU guys here applied for (or your parents)
                        How dare you to judge Edinho who is Inside our Country and giving his effort there unlike you?!

And even if he wants to join TM that's a legit thing to want.
                        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                          Mind blowing comments here.

There is absolutely no evidence that he wants to join TM. It's just a fucking citizenship.
                          A fucking useless piece of shit paper.
                          The same most of YOU guys here applied for (or your parents)
                          How dare you to judge Edinho who is Inside our Country and giving his effort there unlike you?!

And even if he wants to join TM that's a legit thing to want.

Remember when I called most Iranians xenophobic racists a few days ago and it caused an uproar. I've seen it here on these boards time and time again, yet people can't comprehend it.

Iranians are racists, deal with it. It is in our DNA. We never allowed outsiders into Iran, and it is a country that enjoys to insult most of its ethnic minorities (Azaris, Arabs, Armenians). Other countries do it too, like how Netherlands supporters used to spit and cuss at their own players like Edgar Davids, but the Netherlands said screw the racists and did what was best for their team. French don't love Algerian immigrants, Germans don't love their Turk immigrants, but some guys named Ozil, Khedira, and Gundogan helped Germany win its world cup in Brazil.

Iran is so afraid of having non-Iranians in the team, and that is why we will always be lightyears behind many of the other countries. Iranians are good, but some diversity in the team could always help. We have 11 of the same players. Yes, I will say it. One black "athlete" who could run for 180 minutes and score screamers would help TM a lot. It will never happen though, because the thought of a "black" wearing TM jersey makes Iranians want to commit suicide. Iranians who fled Iran and want their kids to play in other country's football teams.

I for one will celebrate the day that Iran opens up and has a black player on the team. It would show that Iran has entered the modern world.

Comment

Has no one thought he might be applying because it would make him a valuable player, as teams could play him in the league and ACL along with 3/4 other foreigners, as he won't be part of the foreign player quota.

Also considering he is so old, he's probably planning to go to a Persian Gulf country league. As those teams would pounce at the chance to buy him for their Asian player quota, just like they did for Dejagah and others.

Comment

Guys calm down. I don't get it why some of you get upset so easily and bring in so many unrelated stuff into the discussion. Where the hell did anyone say that he shouldn't get an Iranian citizenship??

I for one would find it difficult to see Edinho in Team Melli as well. I wouldn't mind seeing foreign players in Iran who have been born or raised up in Iran but this is a different story. Unless, he speaks Farsi and he really loves Iran, then I would maybe change my opinion.

It's funny that most people talk negatively about Qatar on this matter while most of their players came to Qatar at a very young age. However, when we have the same discussion, everyone who doesn't like to see a certain player in Team Meli is backwards or racist.

Btw in 2005, Salomon Kalou tried to acquire the Dutch citizenship asap because he wanted to play for the Netherlands in the World Cup. In the end, he didn't get the Dutch citizenship, to the relieve to many Dutch people who thought it would be ridiculous to invite him to the Dutch NT. The same people who root for the guys like Martins Indi, Lens, Affelay, Maher etc were against Kalou joining Netherlands because the two cases were completely irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                                Remember when I called most Iranians xenophobic racists a few days ago and it caused an uproar. I've seen it here on these boards time and time again, yet people can't comprehend it.

Iranians are racists, deal with it. It is in our DNA. We never allowed outsiders into Iran, and it is a country that enjoys to insult most of its ethnic minorities (Azaris, Arabs, Armenians). Other countries do it too, like how Netherlands supporters used to spit and cuss at their own players like Edgar Davids, but the Netherlands said screw the racists and did what was best for their team. French don't love Algerian immigrants, Germans don't love their Turk immigrants, but some guys named Ozil, Khedira, and Gundogan helped Germany win its world cup in Brazil.

Iran is so afraid of having non-Iranians in the team, and that is why we will always be lightyears behind many of the other countries. Iranians are good, but some diversity in the team could always help. We have 11 of the same players. Yes, I will say it. One black "athlete" who could run for 180 minutes and score screamers would help TM a lot. It will never happen though, because the thought of a "black" wearing TM jersey makes Iranians want to commit suicide. Iranians who fled Iran and want their kids to play in other country's football teams.

I for one will celebrate the day that Iran opens up and has a black player on the team. It would show that Iran has entered the modern world.
                                Aha it's In our DNA that IRANIANS are racists??
                                I think there are just a few Users here dont want a Brasilian in our national team.
                                Most of us have no Problem with it. And in germany there are so much people tolerate every imigrants and there are not so much racists when you compare it to France.

I think that Edinho have Quality, last year he could perform well for MES KERMAN, a team which couldn't manage to win a single game in the League, and it was not his fault.
                                Now he is doing a great job for Tractor and I rate him better than Sharifi. WHEN you only look at the performance. I know that he is 32 and when he would be 10 years later it would be so much better for us.
                                But he is performing well, better than Ansarifard last year. He loves Iran and he is living their, most of us don't. In the moment he is the best Striker in our league and it would be normal to Invite him for Asian Cup, when he get his citizen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X