Friendly: Iran vs. Benfica @ Lisboa, 14-10-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
    and that's why you leave the team preparation to a professional coach and not the fans .... so you are unhappy because you didnt get to see Iran play against some top teams??? The purpose of friendlies is not to entertain you, as a fan .... the purpose of friendlies is to test strategies, formations and to get players physically and mentally ready for tournaments. It's not to make sure you as a fan get entertained. This I think is the main reason why many members here keep asking for friendlies against top teams.
    I guess my expectations are different from yours. I follow TM because of the entertaining and exciting aspects I mentioned. Otherwise, we might as well follow the Iranian Chess Team. I hear they are doing very well too.

Come on who doesn't want to see TM play? This criticism is not pointed at CQ (ع). Honestly, this is not an unreasonable request. If only playing in secrecy or in our case not playing at all was a good thing then every one else would do the same.
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
      Well we just beat Benfica by an inch and a mile, so stop complaining
      I am not complaining that we won...I am complaining about the quality of the friendly. You would expect any half decent car to beat a Peykan or Yugo in a race...Benfica C or D...a primarily U21 side...if we lose that even with Rah Ahan representing Iran then it's shameful.

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
      here is what i have to say. bosnias last game before the wc was against santos U21. and they also played good national teams in the U.S and Egypt and many more. did you see the bosnian fans getting pissed and asking for the coach to get fired? no. japan, korea and Australia both played a handful of friendlies before the wc right? if i rememebr correctly CQ had koreas schedule and they played about 19 games? how many did we play? like 5? 6? it really doesnt matter who u play , wether its a club team or a national team because all four asian teams got last in their group and did not make it. In my honest opinion we were in the hardest group compared to the other 3! we played the best soccer out of all 3.. well 2. Australia did. AGAIN IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO WE PLAY! AS LONG AS WE GET FRINDLIES, TRY YOUNG PLAYERS AND PRACTICE NEW TACTICS!
      So why waste money and travel to Portugal? Let's play Afghanistan, or better yet, Shahrdari Yasooj...I mean it doesn't matter who you play as long as you play right?
      Your post is my nomination for most laughable of the year...
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        I am not complaining that we won...I am complaining about the quality of the friendly. You would expect any half decent car to beat a Peykan or Yugo in a race...Benfica C or D...a primarily U21 side...if we lose that even with Rah Ahan representing Iran then it's shameful.
        So why waste money and travel to Portugal? Let's play Afghanistan, or better yet, Shahrdari Yasooj...I mean it doesn't matter who you play as long as you play right?
        Your post is my nomination for most laughable of the year...
        And ur post is my nomination for the Stupidest one of the year. look dude dont come at me swinging cause ill hit back.
        CQ booked those friendlies himself because of the connections he has. no money spent there. why did we spend money to go to Portugal? simple, have you seen the fields iran? have you? ill take that as a no. And im not even gonna get into the Afghanistan and shardari shit because ive seen your other posts in other threads and i dont really feel like arguing with you because one you do not know what your talking about and you arent worth my time.

Comment

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt, for he has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Comment

Thank you so much! finaly someone that gets it! I always love reading what you have to write! one of the best members on this forum!

Comment

And ur post is my nomination for the Stupidest one of the year. look dude dont come at me swinging cause ill hit back.
              CQ booked those friendlies himself because of the connections he has. no money spent there. why did we spend money to go to Portugal? simple, have you seen the fields iran? have you? ill take that as a no. And im not even gonna get into the Afghanistan and shardari shit because ive seen your other posts in other threads and i dont really feel like arguing with you because one you do not know what your talking about and you arent worth my time.
              Since you wont waste my time, let me waste a bit of yours? Btw, no need to get personal. I was attacking your post, not you as an individual, but thank you for the words. Anyways, what are you trying to say? Did you not say it doesn't matter who we play...club, U21, the opponent is irrelevant when you want to train and test tactics? So now why are you saying CQ had to arrange friendlies because in Iran facilities etc suck...thus you are now saying it matters who we play are you not?

I am not disagreeing, I think TM can use all the quality opponents it can get, and a U21 Benfica is definitely not quality...at least not at the TM level.

Btw, I think you came swinging but you really missed...

Comment

Since you wont waste my time, let me waste a bit of yours? Btw, no need to get personal. I was attacking your post, not you as an individual, but thank you for the words. Anyways, what are you trying to say? Did you not say it doesn't matter who we play...club, U21, the opponent is irrelevant when you want to train and test tactics? So now why are you saying CQ had to arrange friendlies because in Iran facilities etc suck...thus you are now saying it matters who we play are you not?

I am not disagreeing, I think TM can use all the quality opponents it can get, and a U21 Benfica is definitely not quality...at least not at the TM level.

Btw, I think you came swinging but you really missed...
                Again, I don't want my time wasted and that is actually what you are doing . I already answered all ur questions . We did not play Benicia u21 but we did play benfica. You should get ur facts straight. Sure bud! I missed ! Sure . Peace out .

Comment

Lol, when is this thread going to be closed? IFF is busy feeding Palestinians with their budget, and we keep fighting over their donkey incompetence?

Comment

Thank you thank you thank yoouuu!

Kheir bebinin shoma be omide khoda

Comment

Again, I don't want my time wasted and that is actually what you are doing . I already answered all ur questions . We did not play Benicia u21 but we did play benfica. You should get ur facts straight. Sure bud! I missed ! Sure . Peace out .
                      No one is forcing you to answer. But surely you do not feel we played the best squad Benfica could put forward? Even the PFDC front page doesn't state that...http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...in-test-match/

Comment

No one is forcing you to answer. But surely you do not feel we played the best squad Benfica could put forward? Even the PFDC front page doesn't state that...http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...in-test-match/
                        No no I never said we played benficas best team did I now?
                        If I remember correctly you said we played their u21 side which is crazy to say. Were some B players playing ? Of course , it's a test match for both sides! You have to experiment ! Did we play some of their first team players that start for them day in and day out ? Yes we did , as the article you pointed out says . Never said we played their u21 team though. I was just correcting ur mistake .

Comment

Excellent, Superb, almost Adesorian!!!
                          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Re: Friendly: Iran vs. Benfica @ Lisboa, 14-10-2014

No no I never said we played benficas best team did I now?
                            If I remember correctly you said we played their u21 side which is crazy to say. Were some B players playing ? Of course , it's a test match for both sides! You have to experiment ! Did we play some of their first team players that start for them day in and day out ? Yes we did , as the article you pointed out says . Never said we played their u21 team though. I was just correcting ur mistake .

Comment

I believe at one point during the match 8 of the 11 players on the pitch were from the academy. I'll post the lineup if I can find it...or if someone can post it then great. To me if more than half of the players are from the academy squad then you are playing a b or c squad.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                              its a test match agha! what does that mean? both teams get to expriment with as i said in my earlier posts!Again we played Benfica! not Benfica B, C, D, E,F, Etc.. not their U21 team. you keeo saying several of their players were academy players, thats true! they get playing time to show themselves so you know they are going to be playing even harder than a well known player that has a guaranteed spot . with that said there is no point in continuing this argument ! you are gonna come back and say the same thing and im gonna answer the same way! nothing is gonna change haha. i cant change ur view and you cannnot change mine!
                              have a great night! i amm out!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                i agree that CQ is doing his best in preparing TM considering the Financial strains facing IFF and international political cloud facing iran.
                                from purely a preparatory point of view, i think this Portugal camp was quite a decent and successful camp.
                                yet still Khodam also makes some very valid points with his complaints about sever lack of televised friendlies for TM..!! or any meaningful chance for us fans to get a glimpse of new talents in TM realm..!
                                i mean this is a fking football forum and the typical subjects of discussions in here hardly ever revolves around purely TM football subjects anymore because of it. we cant have any discussions about new TM talents and/or tactics, game discussions, cant assess the coach's and players performance etc etc etc ...!! because We dont fking ever see them in action, and are left to opinionated based on a bunch of guesses and assumptions...!!
                                fk man, you'd have to go all the way back to WC to even see anyone discussing football in here..!!

i suppose CQ and IFF are doing the best they can CONSIDERING....?? But from fan's perspective its simply not even close to being sufficient enough..!! IT FLAT OUT SUCKS ASSSS TO BE AN AVID TM FOLLOWER...!! CAUSE YOU CANT FKING FOLLOW YOUR TEAM FOR SHITTTT...!! and its frustrating as fk...!!:bs:
                                yes, I too wish we could see more televised games, whether it's a friendly against a nation or a club. Makes no difference to me.
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X