Friendly: Iran vs. Benfica @ Lisboa, 14-10-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
    here is what i have to say. bosnias last game before the wc was against santos U21. and they also played good national teams in the U.S and Egypt and many more. did you see the bosnian fans getting pissed and asking for the coach to get fired? no. japan, korea and Australia both played a handful of friendlies before the wc right? if i rememebr correctly CQ had koreas schedule and they played about 19 games? how many did we play? like 5? 6? it really doesnt matter who u play , wether its a club team or a national team because all four asian teams got last in their group and did not make it. In my honest opinion we were in the hardest group compared to the other 3! we played the best soccer out of all 3.. well 2. Australia did. AGAIN IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO WE PLAY! AS LONG AS WE GET FRINDLIES, TRY YOUNG PLAYERS AND PRACTICE NEW TACTICS!
    Lol, they were actually so mad at their coach that they were wishing for Bosnia to loose their matches following the Egypt one just so he gets fired. At the WC most of them wanted Iran to win against them so Susic gets sacked. You should check on Bigsoccer all the insults the coach was getting (and still does)

Comment

Originally posted by Zandi360 View Post
      Lol, they were actually so mad at their coach that they were wishing for Bosnia to loose their matches following the Egypt one just so he gets fired. At the WC most of them wanted Iran to win against them so Susic gets sacked. You should check on Bigsoccer all the insults the coach was getting (and still does)
      Zandi Jan, you somewhat missed my point. Yes te Bosnians hate their coach for not getting results ! True. But the santos game was played after the Egypt game . If I remember correctly the Bosnians lost in a heartbreak against the U.S ! That's why they were pissed at the coach going into the Egypt game . Which I don't blame him because they were up against the u.S then the coach pulls some crazy subs and goes defensive .
      My whole point was that they played against santos u21.
      Those games are mainly for younger players to synch in. Tactics and fitness . I don't know why people want us to play against teams where we can't attack and have to play ultra defensive . CQ knows what he is doing so please let him be .

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
        Even during the World Cup though, most commentators agreed that Iran was a team that most in the world did not want to play against in friendlies. They didn't give any specific reason other than "the effects of sanctions" but it is not just me making an assumption.

Iraq, Oman, and China are not international pariah's at the moment. Hopefully things will change soon, but as of now, we have neither the money, nor have we received the interest to play Paraguay, Uruguay, or Peru in friendlies.

Oman and China are easy to explain because they have the $ to pay these teams. Iraq for some reason has been surprisingly garnering many decent friendlies recently, and I attribute that to the Western influence in their nation at the moment. Outside donors are probably supporting this to help rebuild their nation.

We on the other hand have nothing to offer. Yes, the money is probably going into some akhund's pocket, but nonetheless, there is no money. This is not CQ or IFF's fault. I don't see Kafashian with all the money in his pocket, and it seems he is trying, but without funds, nobody can do anything. Iran is Iran, and there is a reason nobody wants to play us unless it's out of pity. We have nothing to offer.

Paraguay, Uruguay, and Peru also never desperately wanted to play us. Even when we were more moderate in the early 2000's, we usually played teams like Bosnia and Croatia.
        If I am not mistaken, because of the sanctions, Iran can not pay a foreign country easily and use the usual bank system.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
          Yes your friend exactly needs to be the last to leave the pitch because he is centuries behind his own peak and performance.
          He has got the right attitude, a good heart and everything what a professional needs BUT fucking skill!
          He used to have but i don't know what happened to him.
          We should have an excorcism on him or something to get the old masoud back. At least the one who could compensate his short comings of speed and acceleration with football IQ.
          I simply don't recall ANY good game from him in the recent years except the Lebanon (!) game.
          Khob Alhamdullelah.
          I really really really really hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

Sieg heil

Comment

Originally posted by Zandi360 View Post
              Sieg heil
              Ta gueule

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                If I am not mistaken, because of the sanctions, Iran can not pay a foreign country easily and use the usual bank system.
                Looking at how IRI moves money around this sounds like an excuse. How did we pay Benfica? How are we paying for the camps? How is Hedayati buying a club in Spain. He won't being paying them from pocket money. Wasn't PP supposed to play AM? How do they transfer millions? There s something really wrong when it comes to TM. And it wasn't this bad before CQ.

There are plenty of NT which wouldn't mind playing us for free. Just before the WC CQ rejected playing against Chile. Then Venezuela. The reason game after game our friendlies get cancelled has something to do with IFFand CQ. Otherwise, I can't believe that other federations have nothing better to do to set up games so they can cancel.

Frankly it is getting ridiculous that Mongolia gets more friendlies than we do.
                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Sv: Friendly: Iran vs. Benfica @ Lisboa, 14-10-2014

Originally posted by khodam View Post
                  Looking at how IRI moves money around this sounds like an excuse. How did we pay Benfica? How are we paying for the camps? How is Hedayati buying a club in Spain. He won't being paying them from pocket money. Wasn't PP supposed to play AM? How do they transfer millions? There s something really wrong when it comes to TM. And it wasn't this bad before CQ.

There are plenty of NT which wouldn't mind playing us for free. Just before the WC CQ rejected playing against Chile. Then Venezuela. The reason game after game our friendlies get cancelled has something to do with IFFand CQ. Otherwise, I can't believe e that other federations have nothing better to do to set up games so they can cancelled.

Don't forget that there was news about Ghana, Italy and Russia wanting friendlies with us before the world cup, all turned down by CQ himself.

Comment

Re: Friendly: Iran vs. Benfica @ Lisboa, 14-10-2014

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                    here is what i have to say. bosnias last game before the wc was against santos U21. and they also played good national teams in the U.S and Egypt and many more. did you see the bosnian fans getting pissed and asking for the coach to get fired? no. japan, korea and Australia both played a handful of friendlies before the wc right? if i rememebr correctly CQ had koreas schedule and they played about 19 games? how many did we play? like 5? 6? it really doesnt matter who u play , wether its a club team or a national team because all four asian teams got last in their group and did not make it. In my honest opinion we were in the hardest group compared to the other 3! we played the best soccer out of all 3.. well 2. Australia did. AGAIN IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO WE PLAY! AS LONG AS WE GET FRINDLIES, TRY YOUNG PLAYERS AND PRACTICE NEW TACTICS!
                    Why do we watch TM? Isn't it because it give us a sense of anticipation, excitement, and pride?

This last world cup we were really robbed from the most interesting aspect of the WC. The build up to the games, all those friendlies, the discussions.

For me the lack of NT games (those I can actually watch) is really disappointing. Especially when you see the whole world is playing. All but Iran.
                    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Why do we watch TM? Isn't it because it give us a sense of anticipation, excitement, and pride?

This last world cup we were really robbed from the most interesting aspect of the WC. The build up to the games, all those friendlies, the discussions.

For me the lack of NT games (those I can actually watch) is really disappointing. Especially when you see the whole world is playing. All but Iran.
                      i know exactly what you mean baradar! it also pains me to see every country playing big name teams and the games being showed on tv! it really does! was i sad that both games against the Portuguese clubs! but look at this way we played two good sides. two of our youngest prospects scored! what else do we want? we tried out new players, practiced on the teams fitness and tactics. yes we didnt get to see them play but im pretty sure cq is doing that on purpose. why would you want your opponents to see ur games? you want to surprise them on the field ! again cq is a master when it comes to this stuff.

Comment

There are plenty of NT which wouldn't mind playing us for free. Just before the WC CQ rejected playing against Chile. Then Venezuela. The reason game after game our friendlies get cancelled has something to do with IFFand CQ. Otherwise, I can't believe that other federations have nothing better to do to set up games so they can cancel.
                        According to CQ, both teams cost us nothing to play due to his connections. And as far as I know, non-profit camps and travel is not covered by sanctions.
                        sigpic

Comment

and that's why you leave the team preparation to a professional coach and not the fans .... so you are unhappy because you didnt get to see Iran play against some top teams??? The purpose of friendlies is not to entertain you, as a fan .... the purpose of friendlies is to test strategies, formations and to get players physically and mentally ready for tournaments. It's not to make sure you as a fan get entertained. This I think is the main reason why many members here keep asking for friendlies against top teams.
                          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Do you guys think Korea got any better by playing Costa Rica? IMO it just exposed their weak points for us to scout if anything.

Comment

Let's stick to english in regards of respect to non german speakers.

And if no one cares why you care to reply in the first place?
                              So what exactly you are trying to say? That shojaei did great at the world cup? No he didn't mon cherie. He sucked in general. Yes of course he had some good moments but his overall performance was not good. Simple as

Yes i have full trust in CQ and as said: i hope he proves me wrong.

Dafuq? You mistake your Fifa 14 games with real life my friend. An "Almost" win means shit! His so called "assists" and "individual actions" means shit to me, in an "almost win"

If you are satisfy by an "almost" win, fine.

Sieg heil
                              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                                and that's why you leave the team preparation to a professional coach and not the fans .... so you are unhappy because you didnt get to see Iran play against some top teams??? The purpose of friendlies is not to entertain you, as a fan .... the purpose of friendlies is to test strategies, formations and to get players physically and mentally ready for tournaments. It's not to make sure you as a fan get entertained. This I think is the main reason why many members here keep asking for friendlies against top teams.
                                i agree that CQ is doing his best in preparing TM considering the Financial strains facing IFF and international political cloud facing iran.
                                from purely a preparatory point of view, i think this Portugal camp was quite a decent and successful camp.
                                yet still Khodam also makes some very valid points with his complaints about sever lack of televised friendlies for TM..!! or any meaningful chance for us fans to get a glimpse of new talents in TM realm..!
                                i mean this is a fking football forum and the typical subjects of discussions in here hardly ever revolves around purely TM football subjects anymore because of it. we cant have any discussions about new TM talents and/or tactics, game discussions, cant assess the coach's and players performance etc etc etc ...!! because We dont fking ever see them in action, and are left to opinionated based on a bunch of guesses and assumptions...!!
                                fk man, you'd have to go all the way back to WC to even see anyone discussing football in here..!!

i suppose CQ and IFF are doing the best they can CONSIDERING....?? But from fan's perspective its simply not even close to being sufficient enough..!! IT FLAT OUT SUCKS ASSSS TO BE AN AVID TM FOLLOWER...!! CAUSE YOU CANT FKING FOLLOW YOUR TEAM FOR SHITTTT...!! and its frustrating as fk...!!:bs:

Comment

Working...
                                X