Friendly: Iran vs. GD Estoril-Praia @ Lisboa, 10-10-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Good result at first glance, but we really need to see Estoril's line-up before we to get too excited. Did they use their main squad?

I'm also not a huge fan of using so many subs, with so little time left to the Asian Cup and so few friendlies in between, because the players need to be evaluated in a full game based on endurance and all. But this was only the 1st game, so hopefully CQ has seen what he needed to see in this game and will stick with more of a core team + 3 subs next time.
    I doubt it was their A squad. I asked a Portuguese friend of mine to look into this. He is actually in Lisbon right now on vacation and we facebooked the other day. He had informed me that both GD Estoril and their Academy squad train and play at the same stadium, and he had read that this was built as a "test match" for the Academy players more than anything else. Unfortunately no real info confirming lineups has been released yet. Will keep you guys posted.

If this wasn't 80-85 full squad, then TM just wasted a match IMO.
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      I doubt it was their A squad. I asked a Portuguese friend of mine to look into this. He is actually in Lisbon right now on vacation and we facebooked the other day. He had informed me that both GD Estoril and their Academy squad train and play at the same stadium, and he had read that this was built as a "test match" for the Academy players more than anything else. Unfortunately no real info confirming lineups has been released yet. Will keep you guys posted.
      If this wasn't 80-85 full squad, then TM just wasted a match IMO.
      According to IFF , it was full squad

تیم استوریل ب
      ا تمامی بازیکنان اصلی
      خود که مهمترین آنها کلیر برزیلی و همچنین دروزاه بان این تیم، که دروزاه بان تیم ملی لهستان است به مصاف تیم ملی ایران آمد.

Comment

While some people on this forum complain about TM playing against a club team, let's be clear on couple of facts.

TM games against other national teams cost money that IFF claims not to have. The two games planned in Portugal did not cost us a dime. We are looking at two very good teams that are strong with descent players.

My second point is that I really want TM to be sharp on the field and not rusty. We have seen that before and it is scary to go to Asian Cup without bunch of games under our belt. It is not like other national teams are lining up to play us between now and January. CQ is doing the best he can with what he has and is doing a hell of a job getting TM ready.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
          According to IFF , it was full squad
          تیم استوریل ب
          ا تمامی بازیکنان اصلی
          خود که مهمترین آنها کلیر برزیلی و همچنین دروزاه بان این تیم، که دروزاه بان تیم ملی لهستان است به مصاف تیم ملی ایران آمد.
          Like they claimed Quieroz was 99.9% re-signed in June? Or when they said Majidi will have no part with IFF and now he is going to be a trainer/coach?

I will try to get more info and update everyone. But as of right now, I have no reason to believe the Estoril played full squad or half squad...let's wait until we can get some sort of credible confirmation...and IFF = no credibility.
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

From my cousin (his mom is Portuguese) who got to watch the game directly from behind the Iran bench today:

"It was really hard to get any exact info on these games, but somehow I found out they might be playing Estoril (right by our house) this morning, so I went to check it out. And sure enough, they were but they weren't letting anyone (there was a small group of iranians there already) in the stadium until Queiroz told someone to let people in; so they did.

Towards the end of the match, the players came to take photos with those who were there, including the safir and his people, and that's when we got to chat a bit,but not much.

Queiroz had an interview with some portuguese tv people so he didn't have a chance to greet people but I did find out where they are training, so I might go there tomorrow morning or Sunday. They play Benfica on tuesday afternoon, but that place is much harder to get through... unless Queiroz does the same... we'll see. If i get to chat with Queiroz on the weekend, I'll ask him if it's worth to try and see the Benfica game or not, since their training ground is on the other side of the river."

Comment

My Portuguese is really rusty and Google translate didn't do much better, so I asked my Brazilian friend who was over to translate the article from the Estoril site as well and it sounds like they used a competitive line-up in the 1st half and a more experimental one in the 2nd - but you have to read a little in between the lines to even get that much out of it!

Comment

Comment

Back to old kits. Ah good old Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Zandi360 View Post
                    My first thought as well. Why ditch those sexy WC jerseys?

Comment

behind bench.jpg

10359143_10204193098160306_5874592348939734929_n.jpg

Comment

Sv: Friendly: Iran vs. GD Estoril-Praia @ Lisboa, 10-10-2014

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                        My first thought as well. Why ditch those sexy WC jerseys?
                        Our youth teams are wearing fakes. Hence I wouldn't be surprised if these are just from a stock left in Iran, if uhl doesn't supply us anymore, and no news have been released about it. IFF smells fishy..

Comment

Don't get too excited about 2-0 victory ...

Estoril is currently in 15 place out of the 18 teams in Portugal top division.

It is kinda like play Gostrash Foolad in Iranian Pro league and wining 2-0. .. doesn't really say much!!

Comment

There won't be any videos of the goals, right?
                            Team Melli - Traxtor - Barcelona

Comment

looks like Masoud has gained a few kilos
                              IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by Zandi360 View Post
                                Numbering has changed for few

JB 20
                                Azmoon 18
                                Rafiei 11
                                Abdollahzadeh 13