Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody heard of an "Iranian-Irish" player named Kieron Djilali?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I was checking up the fifa 10 ultimate team (video game) database to see the Iranian players in the game. Damn, that was a good time in Iranian football history in terms of legionnaires.

This guy named Kieron Djilali is listed as an Iranian player. Djilali sounds like a weird way of spelling Jalali. Here is his profile that I found on the database:

http://www.futwiz.com/en/player/kier...history/fifa10

On his Wikipedia page, it says that he plays for the team Limerick in the Irish league as a winger. Is he Iranian, or is this a mistake? It says he is only 23 years old, so maybe a future legionnaire to watch? I'd support it, he comes from crystal palace, so he may be decent.

Edit: So, I've done some research and found out that this player is indeed of Iranian origin. He is one of the faster players in the fifa video game with a pace of 86!!! Dejagah and others were only considered to be in the 70's in speed. I'd say we call him up. It wouldn't hurt. Anyone who will complain that he is partially black, please don't.

He came up in the English system and is only 23. He's played for crystal palace, and is currently in the decent Irish league. Not in a second division or anything. Hopefully, like players in the past, this will get some people talking and the word will get back to CQ and his staff.

Edit 2: Apparently he went on trial with Manchester United when we was only 16, which means he must have had some decent potential. It seems like his career has dwindled in the last few years, but maybe a return to the limelight through an Iran call-up might increase his visibility which might help him get out of his rut and return to a form that might help TM. He is only 23, so that should be kept in mind.

5516103c7a9873e8fb10dd6685fa023f_m.jpg

He's a pretty handsome dude in my opinion, and I think it's time for Team Melli to add some Jamaican-Iranian flavor. He played for the Irish league champions last season as well. Here is a crappy video of a goal scored by him against the famous team Bray Wanderers.

He can go by Kiarash Djilali, if you don't mind him using your name Kiarash jan :P

Comment

Re: Anybody heard of an "Iranian-Irish" player named Kieron Djilali?

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
      He can go by Kiarash Djilali, if you don't mind him using your name Kiarash jan :P
      Lol sure why not

Are you sure he is partly Iranian? I searched him up and he looks like an Afro-American IMO

Comment

Yeah, he does look of African decent, but his last name is hyphenated. I believe that he is half Iranian and half African/Irish. His father could be black and Irish, while his mother is Iranian, or vice versa. I am not sure of this which is why I posted it to ask. Don't know why he would be considered Iranian in Fifa.

They could have made a mistake, but the Djilali in his name makes me think he might be half. If he's worthy of an 81 speed ranking in fifa and is only 23, I support his testing by CQ. Can get Dejagah off of his butt to push himself. If he is of Iranian origins, I hope that he is at least on CQ's radar, even if he doesn't get called up.

Comment

Found this old ISP discussion about him. Apparently he is Welsh, Iranian and Jamaican descent.

http://forums.iransportspress.com/sh...Crystal-Palace

I'm waiting for all the "oh no, he is black. No dog-raghe players, but I'm not a racist" quotes from some of the members here. He seems like a player who could add competition to the team, don't know why he's never been invited. Probably because he's black and IFF disapproved of his blackness.

Comment

He can go by Kieran in Iran. They'd just pronounce it Key-raan 😂

Comment

Hopefully he wouldn't introduce himself as K*r-an, like CQ called himself K*r-osh

Comment

At the first glimpse I was like "DAJJALI"???

Comment

His full name is Kieran Stephen Larbi Allen-Djilali.

Larbi is an Algerian and the way Djilali is spelled is also Algerian.
                  Pretty sure he's half-Irish, half Algerian.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    His full name is Kieran Stephen Larbi Allen-Djilali.

Larbi is an Algerian and the way Djilali is spelled is also Algerian.
                    Pretty sure he's half-Irish, half Algerian.
                    That's a possibility. I'm not 100% sure, and find it strange that there is an Iran Sports Press article from 2010 about him being Iranian/Welsh/Jamaican, and the FIFA 10 video game considered him to be an Iranian player.

Confirmation from somewhere would be nice. Does he have a twitter?

Comment

Re: Anybody heard of an "Iranian-Irish" player named Kieron Djilali?

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                      That's a possibility. I'm not 100% sure, and find it strange that there is an Iran Sports Press article from 2010 about him being Iranian/Welsh/Jamaican, and the FIFA 10 video game considered him to be an Iranian player.

Confirmation from somewhere would be nice. Does he have a twitter?
                      Kieran's Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/Deejonline__

Comment

Now u guys are just being silly, and this is coming from someone more often on the side of wanting to recruit foreign players.

This is exactly what zandi360 and carman khan are alluding to in the Beitashour thread about ppl who see an Iranian playing in Europe automatically being worthy of a TM call up.....nobody knew about this guy and now you guys are trying to say kieron djilali for TM?

I just don't see the logic in It and again, this is the exact obsession that was brought up recently.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                          Now u guys are just being silly, and this is coming from someone more often on the side of wanting to recruit foreign players.

This is exactly what zandi360 and carman khan are alluding to in the Beitashour thread about ppl who see an Iranian playing in Europe automatically being worthy of a TM call up.....nobody knew about this guy and now you guys are trying to say kieron djilali for TM?

I just don't see the logic in It and again, this is the exact obsession that was brought up recently.
                          Tbh I gave up as soon as I saw the thread name, not worth it it's exactly why I don't bother getting too deep into arguments on the internet, it's useless because at the end of the day nothing will change.

Comment

Zandi360 and Camran's dream team for AC 2015:

----------------Rahmati----------------
                            Heydari-Alenemeh-Khanzadeh-Mahini
                            --------------Haddadifar---------------
                            Madanchi----------------------Shojaei
                            ------------Enayati-Borhani-----------

I'd rather have a team of second divisioners than this team of players that ACTUALLY PLAY or PLAYED for TM. Oh, and they were the top Iranian talents in their positions at one point. Keep searching for gems in IPL, I love nearly pulling a Kurt Cobain every time one of these koor players (Ansarifard and Gholami and Gholamreza Rezaei and every other IPL "gem") run around like a headless chicken and kick the ball into the air like they are attempting to kill a bird flying over.

These guys don't need any Euro training. The IPL training is clearly above EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, heck, even all of them put together.

If Camran wants to say how "ridiculous" this post is, let me make it known now that it's meant to be ridiculous. It's called a joke. Hopefully you can get it.

Comment

Lol the Irish league is nowhere near decent. Some of their best players came from the fourth or fifth division in England. They are also regarded as one of the weakest leagues in Europe. It would simply be a joke to invite a player who is not a star in that league.
                              Last edited by ShirFarhad; 10-02-2014, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X