Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the worst TM transfers all the time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Rasoul was ok other than his missed penalty against Korea. Remember his bike kick vs Belarus?

Comment

1.Ashkan Dejagah to Al Arabi
      2.Ashkan Dejagah to Al Arabi
      3.Ashkan Dejagah to Al Arabi
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

When i read the thread i wanted to write Khatibi but its sad for Hamburg that they bought him not for us.

Rasoul Khatibi at Hamburg was so funny, but he never played

Comment

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
          Rasoul Khatibi at Hamburg was so funny, but he never played
          Have you forgotten his crazy miss from 4 yards out (open goal) for Hamburg? That's when they realised something was wrong about their new signing.... If memory serves he still had a couple more game for them

I still can't believe a few years later Branko brought him back to TM for the world cup, he leapfrogged a few strikers who were much better

Comment

Originally posted by onebloodfool View Post
            The period where Ali Karimi was at his absolute peak and produced the most magic for TM, was when he was playing for Al Ahli.
            and that is exactly why it is considered the worst TM transfer of all times.

Comment

Dejagah to Al Arabi, he started going downhill once he left Fulham

Comment

Dejagah’s move to Qatar at 28 ruined his club and international career. We missed our best player in the World Cup.
                Ali Karimi retiring early at 27. He wasn’t the same player for TM after that. Scored only 3 goals from 2007 to 2012.

Comment

I personally think Ali Karimi's move to Bayern was the worst TM transfer of all time. He wasn't the same for TM or his clubs after that, i don't know what happened to him there?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                    Have you forgotten his crazy miss from 4 yards out (open goal) for Hamburg? That's when they realised something was wrong about their new signing.... If memory serves he still had a couple more game for them

I still can't believe a few years later Branko brought him back to TM for the world cup, he leapfrogged a few strikers who were much better
                    Yeah Azizi, Farhad Majidi and Ali Samereh to name a few.

Comment

Kaebi to LCFC
                      Haghighi to Kazan
                      Ashkan and Karimto Forest
                      Eazzatollahi to Rostov
                      Ghooch to Kuwait
                      Khodad Azizi to Admira Wacker or San Jose
                      Ghoddos to Ameins, both from quality of football level and the whole fiasco around it

I can keep going... there have been so many shit transfers...

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                        Yeah Azizi, Farhad Majidi and Ali Samereh to name a few.
                        Fazli, Rajabzadeh and Siavash Akbarpour had all had markedly better seasons than Khatibi approaching the world cup. The guy just came out of nowhere again courtesy of the Professor

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          Fazli, Rajabzadeh and Siavash Akbarpour had all had markedly better seasons than Khatibi approaching the world cup. The guy just came out of nowhere again courtesy of the Professor

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                          Khatibi wasn't just Branko.
                          The guy had a super agent. When players in Iran were barely making $20,000 in the early 2000s, he was at nearly 400,000!

Also, I'm not sure what the question means.
                          Is it:
                          1) worst transfer for a TM player
                          or
                          2) worst transfer in terms of overall effect on TM

Comment

There are so many bad transfers that it is to difficult to name one. All the transfers from Europe to middle east or from Iran to arab league when the player is promising.
                            Ghoddos to Amiens was a big failure too, I see hom going to China soon.

Actually, what is worse is the non-transfers : Azmoun non transfer to Lazio, AK non-transfer to Atletico or Europe at a younger age, Beiro/Taremi... not leaving the middle east for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                              Dejagah’s move to Qatar at 28 ruined his club and international career. We missed our best player in the World Cup.
                              Ali Karimi retiring early at 27. He wasn’t the same player for TM after that. Scored only 3 goals from 2007 to 2012.
                              Karimi 'retired' when he was 30 (29 and 11 months) in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                Kaebi to LCFC
                                That transfer was just all around bad luck...

If Martin Allen wasn't sacked, I guarantee he would have been starting matches for the team and this whole transfer saga would have been a whole different story in all honesty. Add to that, coming to a new place and not be familiar with the language at all whilst having to use a translator. I'm not sure who you can really blame here because the manager needs players to understand his tactics and vice-versa which is kind of diffucult to do if you don't (as the saying goes) "speak the Queen's English".

Comment

Working...
                                X