No announcement yet.

Womens Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran 4 - 0 China. Iran eliminated, but I am very happy about this result. It shows we are improving, even last year we were getting killed 10 or 11-0 by Japan, South Korea, China and Thailand. And now two 4-0s is very good and a sign of improvement from the youth levels. If we can keep S Korea to under 4 goals that will really be a sign of improvement.

Comment

Iran vs South Korea tomorrow

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Iran 0-5 South Korea

Comment

Iran's U17 team is right now in Italy. They've lost 6-0 to USA and are going to play against Italy.

http://www.ffiri.ir/news/detail/%D8%...6652/news.aspx

Comment

wow only 6-0 against USA? great result

Comment

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I cringe whenever I see our women playing in those trash bags

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...ages-on-shirts

Swedish women's football team swaps names for inspirational messages on shirts

The names are gone off the shirts of the Sweden women's football team.
                  They've been replaced with messages which, the team hopes, will inspire young women to play sport.
                  The players were asked to pick tweets from prominent Swedish women ahead of annual women football's tournament the Algarve Cup.
                  The Swedish Football Association is doing it "in the hope it will inspire young women to believe more in themselves.
                  It went on to say, "that they can achieve anything they want to, just like the national team players have."
                  Sweden's women finished second to Germany in the final of the Rio Olympics last year.
                  One of the messages is from singer Zara Larsson saying "Believe in your damn self".
                  Another shirt inspired by broadcaster Agnes Lo says "I am playing for my girls in Iran."
                  It's worn by 23-year-old defender Magdalena Erikson who tweeted:
                  "I have chosen to highlight a quote from @agnes_lo_ because I play football for all those who can not."
                  Another shirt says simply "I'm not bossy, I'm the boss".
                  Midfielder Olivia Schough has the message "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about."
                  The Swedish FA have done the campaign with kit sponsor Adidas using the hashtag #InYourName.
                  The football jerseys go on sale on March 8th, which is also International Women's Day.
                  10% of the cash made from the shirts will go to a Swedish group that supports young female athletes.
                  It's been a busy year for the players.
                  The team were called "a bunch of cowards" for their tactics at the Olympics by US goalkeeper Hope Solo, who was later given a six-month ban for the comments.
                  The shirts are being worn for the first time at the Algarve Cup, an annual competition of the twelve best female teams in the world, held in Portugal.

Comment

Iran U19 2:1 Ukraine U19

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                      Iran U19 2:1 Ukraine U19
                      The game was held in Tehran. Ukrainian players played without Hijab.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                        The game was held in Tehran. Ukrainian players played without Hijab.

But how?

Comment

Imagine what they could do without the hijabs and pants.

Comment

Thats actually a positive step that they let the opposing team play without hijab, few years ago they weren't even willing to let that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                              But how?
                              15 years ago when I was in Iran, Muslim women played hijabless football at Ararat's stadium. They wouldn't let any men near the field but that's how they did.

Comment

Irans U19 women team took part in "Kuban Spring 2017", that took place in Russia

Group stage results:
                                Iran U19 3-2 Krasnodar U19
                                Iran U19 7-0 Kazakhstan U19
                                Iran U19 1-0 Slovenia U19

http://www.futbol24.com/internationa...omen-U19/2017/

Comment

Working...
                                X