No announcement yet.

What happened to Mehrdad Pooladi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched the highlights of that faithful Asian Cup game. I cannot believe what Pooladi did. Totally unnecessary. I remember he was under a lot of pressure because of Iran's mandatory service.

We have had so many great chances to win the Asian Cup in the last 30+ years, but something always comes up. This is just another blimp. And he lost his career after that too.

Comment

Probably the best LB i ever witnessed in 3 decades and half following TM, and we had some really great ones, Moharrami, Manafi, Minavand, Shahroudi, etc
      He was barely losing battles, or races.
      It shows like in life, luck or being right place, right time play a big role in your destiny.
      The guy career was destroyed after the red card vs Iraq and military service issue.
      He was head and shoulder better than the choices we have in left and one of the reason why we performed so well vs Argentina.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
        What a great defender he was!
        I don't agree with this statement. He was just another PGL player who became phenomenal under CQ's guidance and rose above his true ability. At the end, his mistake costed us the Asian Cup and he never came back to Iran after that. His club career also isn't something to write home about.

Comment

He was head and shoulder better than IPL players in his position, that is not fair statement and lets not mix it with red card issue. Remember the love Hajsafi was getting from almost all coaches, and specially CQ, and Pooladi was the only guy which was preferred to Hajsafi as LB. CQ or now even Skocic in crucial games prefer Hajsafi to Milad or anyone else.

Comment

What a strange career he had, but man what a gem Carlos found during the time. In the WC he was voted the best defender in the group stage I believe, he truly was unstoppable. Then he went from hero to villain very quickly, and his career went to shits... So strange.
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              Probably the best LB i ever witnessed in 3 decades and half following TM, and we had some really great ones, Moharrami, Manafi, Minavand, Shahroudi, etc
              He was barely losing battles, or races.
              It shows like in life, luck or being right place, right time play a big role in your destiny.
              The guy career was destroyed after the red card vs Iraq and military service issue.
              He was head and shoulder better than the choices we have in left and one of the reason why we performed so well vs Argentina.

Moharrami and Eskandarian were easily head and shoulders above Pooladi. Even as a defender guys like Rahman Rezaie were more dominant in the last 3rd.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Pooladi was incredible during that late run in his career. Very Vahid Amiri esque

Comment

Where does he live nowadays? He can't go back to Iran considering that he faked his military service. At least not without serving some time in prison as punishment (rightfully so as he broke the law).

Comment

I believe through his Instagram he seems to be in Thailand? The very least in that southeast Asia region. How is he still there after retiring and without a visa however is a different question

Comment

What was the reason he was excluded from TM ? Also Mojahed Khaziravi would have become one of Irans greatest but was banned for a party or something ..............

Comment

Originally posted by k0urosh View Post
                        I believe through his Instagram he seems to be in Thailand? The very least in that southeast Asia region. How is he still there after retiring and without a visa however is a different question
                        My friend’s brother has been living in Thailand for the past 5 years on visitors visa. What he does is that when his visa is up he goes to a nearby country and re applies for visa to enter the country again. All this takes place in 1-2 days. That is all there is to it. Apparently that region is quite lenient when it comes to these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                          My friend’s brother has been living in Thailand for the past 5 years on visitors visa. What he does is that when his visa is up he goes to a nearby country and re applies for visa to enter the country again. All this takes place in 1-2 days. That is all there is to it. Apparently that region is quite lenient when it comes to these things.
                          That’s chill af 😂😂😂 huge big brain loophole

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                            Moharrami and Eskandarian were easily head and shoulders above Pooladi. Even as a defender guys like Rahman Rezaie were more dominant in the last 3rd.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            I loved Moharrami. But football changed and R&L backs are the most demanding positions to play. You have to have great speed and Stamina if you want be among elite. While few decades a go you just had to be good defensively and occasionally participate in attack. Not anymore.

Comment

I wonder how many left backs we have had in our history that could own Messi, arguably the best player ever for 89 minutes untill Nekounam's silly mistake.

His ceiling was really high, unfortunately things went different for him in his career. Hope he is safe and happy in Thailand, it's a beautiful country.

Comment

Pre cq
                                Pooladi was ok+ cmf but not good enough to
                                Bench ando or jn very physical and hardworker.
                                Cq
                                Changed his career and some people even
                                Have him as best lb in our history line up lol
                                He made good money in arab nations last 6 years
                                Not being able to go to iran as sarbaz farari
                                What will forever be haunting him will be that red card
                                In iraq match which even some RUMORS flow him being involve
                                In a fix with Australian ref, which i never believed that
                                Since no iranain will sale their country like that would they?

Wish him luck as he wont see iran for a long time or maybe iran
                                New president which said we need to bring back all iranian living outside
                                Back to iran with ease pardon him.
                                Overall not his fan only bevause of that red card.

Comment

Working...
                                X