This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
    I do understand Anderlecht is a good team but Belgium league is a one man show. Anderlecht has a huge squad full of top class footballers, JB will be on bench and lose his momentum if he joins. Dutch league is better for him since he is familiar with the language and environment as well as he has made a name for himself, so agents' eyes are on him for next season anyway. If he moves to Belgium he loses his little spot light and fan base.
    I think you are underestimating the Belgian league. Club Brugge, Gent, Anderlecht and Standard Liege are all great clubs. Although Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord would be better, if you want to go to the big European leagues, but FC Groningen and Heerenveen would be worse. AZ would be equal, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
      Anderlecht isn't even bad, many players got snatched by decent teams after performing there. Kompany, Lukaku, Biglia are the ones I can think of
      Dont forget they were Belgian and Argentinian and were in demand since Argentinian/Belgian players are the hyped ones these days. Alireza would have to destroy the league to get considered by others.

Comment

belgian league move would be a stupid move
        i'd rather he stays put in NEC in Eredivisie

Comment

^ second that!

I'd much rather see Alireza stay and grow even more in NEC....we all saw how weak the Belgian league was when Reza was in standard, the only upside would be Europa or champions league football which should not be a huge deal given its not played nearly as much as league action is.

Knowing Alireza and his love for NEC I doubt he'll leave for a team in a weak league like anderlecht or Celtic....if Ajax or another top Dutch team come knocking that's a different story but I'm pretty sure Alireza is smart enough to make the right choice!
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Belgian and Netherland leagues are pretty equal... Not much difference between them.
            Personally i wouldnt even mind him to stay with NEC for another year. If he has one great season with them and helps them to become something like 9th or 10th in the league, offers from the top 5 leagues will come im sure.

Comment

Yeah let him stay at NEC for eternity while we are at it, since being loyal to a team is much more important than personal development especially when you're 21

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                Yeah let him stay at NEC for eternity while we are at it, since being loyal to a team is much more important than personal development especially when you're 21
                I think he should move to a better Dutch team too. NEC is not helping him anymore if he stays.

Comment

Sometimes taking a step a year later puts you ahead 2 or 3 years later...
                  If he stays with NEC for another year hell be only 22.
                  Its not like Karimi who moved to Europe when he was almost 27.
                  Look at Hashemian for example. Also moved to Europe at a young age (23), but Hamburg was simply a step to big for him at that time. After a year he moved to the 2nd division (Bochum), helped them to Bundesliga, after 2 or 3 years became one of the leagues top scorers and put Bochum into Uefa Cup (Europa League) and then got signed by one of the worlds biggest clubs.
                  Take into consideration that Jahanbakhsh right now is even 2 years younger than Hashemian back then we he got signed by Hamburg.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                    I think he should move to a better Dutch team too. NEC is not helping him anymore if he stays.
                    Staying at NEC was one risky move, rejecting a top Belgian team like Anderlecht would be simply ridiculous. Everyone knows and saw that Jahanbakhsh basically wasted one year in the Jupiler League. Had he moved to Groningen, he would develop much more under tougher conditions and more competition. He decided to stay and helped NEC back up, now it's time to let go and leave. This also goes for some here on PFDC, he is not a player near retirement but a youngster who needs to think about his future career.

Anderlecht is overall a much more stable club who mostly play Europa League / CL too with a big chance of winning the league. All this makes Anderlecht picking over NEC a no-brainer. Not to mention that Belgium and Netherlands are equal in level of competitiveness, check the UEFA league coefficient for confirmation.

Comment

Staying at NEC was one risky move, rejecting a top Belgian team like Anderlecht would be simply ridiculous. Everyone knows and saw that Jahanbakhsh basically wasted one year in the Jupiler League. Had he moved to Groningen, he would develop much more under tougher conditions and more competition. He decided to stay and helped NEC back up, now it's time to let go and leave. This also goes for some here on PFDC, he is not a player near retirement but a youngster who needs to think about his future career.

Anderlecht is overall a much more stable club who mostly play Europa League / CL too with a big chance of winning the league. All this makes Anderlecht picking over NEC a no-brainer. Not to mention that Belgium and Netherlands are equal in level of competitiveness, check the UEFA league coefficient for confirmation.
                      But Europa and CL experience will come when he's 23, 24, 25......

Not to mention there aren't nearly as many CL/Europa league matches as league matches themselves. We all saw how poor the Belgian league is even the top sides when Reza was at standard. The Scottish league is t anything great either in comparison to the eredivise.

So what's the rush? I don't think another year or two in NEC would be bad at all
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

NEC most likely won't be able to keep JB this summer anyways.

He always interviews that he has the ambition to take it to the next level so I have no doubts that he will make the best decision. I highly doubt he will stay with NEC

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          But Europa and CL experience will come when he's 23, 24, 25......

Not to mention there aren't nearly as many CL/Europa league matches as league matches themselves. We all saw how poor the Belgian league is even the top sides when Reza was at standard. The Scottish league is t anything great either in comparison to the eredivise.

So what's the rush? I don't think another year or two in NEC would be bad at all
                          My friend, why should he wait till he is 23 /25 when he has a team knocking on the door who offers CL football? It just does not make sense to wait because any international exposure will result in bigger clubs wanting him in the long run. Do you rather see Jahanbakhsh playing against Eredivisie defenders or teams like Manchester United, Barcelona even if it's once a while?

Belgian league is not poor. It's equal to the Eredivisie if you look up the UEFA league coefficients. And I forgot to say that a lot of players have been picked up by decent sides after a few years of Belgian football. Lukaku, Kompany and Bigla for example.

It's time to move on and look for a better club instead the usual relegation headache.

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ N.E.C. Nijmegen | 2014-2015

Like Kiarash said staying at NEC is a risk itself.

If NEC fails in Eredivisie Jahanbaksh will quickly get forgotten again, he should take advantage of this moment where he's "under the spotlight" and transfer to a better team. Hamoon ke he stayed with them in the poor 2nd division to help them promote was enough, he shouldn't have gone through this step in the first place. Time to turn the page now.

Comment

You're right, I think it's best for him and TM to go to a better club, even if it is a Dutch team. Especially since he's learning the language, it'd be a waste if he went somewhere else. I'm just happy he's shining at the moment and hope he joins a top team this summer.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Good news lads, it seems that Feyenoord is also officially in the race for Jahanbakhsh!

http://www.fr-fans.nl/nieuws/feyenoo...nbakhsh-17485/

Comment

Working...
                                X