Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mehdi Taremi - Young Iranian talent - Persepolis player - Now: Rio Ave F.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And as much as I respect Ramin Rezaeian for all that he's done and continues to do for Team Melli, I don't respect the fact that he returned to Persepolis because of comments under his Instagram. He just proved a lot of people's points on some of our players being weak minded and insecure. Only because a bunch of nobodies (yes, nobodies) left disrespectful comments under his Instagram (fosh e khahar o madar dadan behesh dar Instagram).

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
      Unfortunately he doesn't seem to take Europe seriously. In the recent Norouz interview with the players, he joked about going to Turkey with Rezaeian. Even Azmoun thought it was hilarious how Mehdi and Ramin are so adamant to stay in Iran.

Minute 6:41
      https://youtu.be/Af6T0QHd3AY
      It seems to me quite evident that they want to go, they're just too scared of the fans lol

Comment

Taremi started as a big promise, but frankly as the time went by, something about him just didn't grow as everyone was expecting. He never turned into a goal scoring machine, like say Ali Daie did. Taremi at the moment, is at best an average forward, not a strong character on the field, his expressions and body language suggest he doesn't believe in himself. Every time he misses, he looks like he is ready to cry! .. .. If anyone else comes along from now till the world cup, I am sure CQ will put Taremi on the bench in a blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
          Taremi started as a big promise, but frankly as the time went by, something about him just didn't grow as everyone was expecting. He never turned into a goal scoring machine, like say Ali Daie did. Taremi at the moment, is at best an average forward, not a strong character on the field, his expressions and body language suggest he doesn't believe in himself. Every time he misses, he looks like he is ready to cry! .. .. If anyone else comes along from now till the world cup, I am sure CQ will put Taremi on the bench in a blink of an eye.
          actually if dejagah is fit, we can have jahanbaksh, dejagah and amiri, or jahanbaksh, shojayi and dejagah, taremi will be on bench

Comment

I always believed Taremi should be part of TM, because of his size, strength, and pace. It would be trouble for any defender, especially in Asia.

He also scored two big goals here, showing us the pressure of crunch time hasn't stunned him too much just yet.

But even I have to admit that sometimes he makes decisions on the pitch that are just baffling. Like out of 3 options he could take on a play, he takes #7.

Still proud of him though, and he definitely is not going anywhere for the time being.

Comment

I actually don't think Taremi is fast at all lol but he has good positioning and either makes amazing moves or moves that my grandma questions and shes blind as a bat.

Either way its evident that Medhi has been improving a lot, and I hope to see him in Europe one day!

Comment

Great thread. If Taremi is able to put it all together, he's got all the tools to be a staple of TM for many years. He's clearly better utilized as a 2nd striker or 1st striker than a RW. This is what CQ had him initially at. He's physically strong, good footwork, pretty fast etc. he does sometimes make the wrong plays, but he's really shone and going to a European team will refine his abilities.

He's 24, so he needs to do this fast.

Comment

^
                  Science of his success.
                  Speed, Velocity, Acceleration & Taremi.
                  His speed (Ave) is decent but not exceptional but what it works for him is 3 second Velocity & Acceleration.
                  His 3-4 Sec Acceleration from 0 Velocity is great and put him one step ahead of any defender in PGL/ACL. That factor alone ( Quick & Powerful acceleration put him one 1T1 with keeper often.

==============
                  From AthleticAcceleration Site

A Breakdown of Acceleration Mechanics and Other Considerations
                  1) Stride Length = Short to Long
                  Starts off short and increases until maximum velocity is reached (when the stride length is optimal)

2) Ground Contact Time = Long to Short
                  Ground Contact Time is the amount of time each foot spends on the ground. It is longest at the beginning as the body is trying to overcome inertia, (the weight of your body fighting gravity) to try and create velocity through force application. This takes a great deal of strength.

3) Shin Angle with ground = Small to Large
                  The shin angle is going to determine the force application to the ground and the projection angle that the athlete is going to drive out at (roughly 45 degree projection angle is ideal). The shin angle opens up and increases throughout acceleration and into maximum velocity.

4) Velocity = Slow to Fast
                  Velocity is both the speed and direction that the body is moving. As the athlete accelerates, the rate and distance will increase with time.

5) Stride Frequency = Slow to Fast
                  Like ground contact time, it starts off slower (though still quite high) and increases until stride frequency reaches optimal level at maximum velocity.

6) Heel Recovery = Low to High
                  Heels should recover quickly, with limited backside mechanics and shouldn’t involve large amplitudes of motion behind the hips. During acceleration, especially the first 6-8 steps, you want to minimize your backside mechanics. Backside mechanics in sprinting, are movements occurring behind the center of mass. To put this more simply, think of the drill ‘butt-kicks’ as having a lot of backside mechanics and a drill like ‘high-knees’ will have little amount of backside mechanics but a lot of frontside mechanics. Coach Latif Thomas likes to use the 'running on hot coals' example to give people an image about how to quickly recover their heels to their butt.

Body Position
                  • - Foot strikes on forefoot- foot should strike directly below or slightly behind the hips
                  • - Looking for Triple Extension of the driving leg– ankle, knee, hip
                  • - The body is driving out at a 45 degree angle to the ground (a straight line from your head to your back leg).
                  • - Keep the heel recovery low
                  • - Drive the lead arm (same as front leg) up as you begin to sprint.
                  • - Step over the opposite knee and drive the foot down into the ground to create maximal force (Ankle steps over the knee)
                  • - Face and neck relaxed
                  • - Tight stomach, flat back, hips forward
                  • - Arms – elbow is approximately at 90 degrees
                  **** Quick Acceleration Tip - Often in the acceleration phase, athletes are concerning themselves too much with trying to be quick with their legs. Instead of trying to drive out and be powerful, athletes are 'spinning their wheels' and not getting triple extension (ankle, knee, hip). We want the athletes to 'feel their feet behind them'. If you are getting the sensation of your feet driving well behind your center of mass, then you know you are finishing off your leg drive.
                  As I said previously, speed drills also give us an opportunity to teach cues. We use speed drills to break down certain aspects or parts of the whole body of sprinting. For example, I use cue like: ‘drive down’ during a speed drill in practice. This gives the athlete a frame of reference to use when I need them to make adjustments to their form while sprinting. This will help the athletes carry over the theory of what needs to be done so they can apply it when performing high speed sprinting.

Every time you sprint you should be working on technique. You want your athletes to have proper running technique ingrained in their heads so when it is time to sprint, they can feel when everything is happening smoothly.

Therefore, we need to use speed drills to help reinforce sound running mechanics while also making our athletes stronger, faster and more powerful.

Comment

John Duerden about Taremi:

"Strikers such as Sardar Azmoun and Reza Ghoochannejhad are the envy of much of Asia. Then there is Alireza Jahan bakhsh and the under-rated Mehdi Taremi.

Taremi is less eye-catching than the others and there were some mutterings about Queiroz selecting the Persepolis striker. Yet the 24-year-old works incredibly hard without the ball and when he has it, has found the net seven times during qualification so far.

He is part of a hard-working and fine-tuned unit with talented players led by a competent coach. That is why Iran are the best team in Asia at the moment. It is not just a team that is going to go to the World Cup but it is the one team in the continent at the moment that has what it takes to perform well in Russia."

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/footbal...-team-in-asia/

Comment

the issue with taremi is he is not consistent, he scored 7 goals, but can he score in big big games when we need him, i tell you gucci and azmoun can, i am not sure if he can, can he score if he has 1 chance only

Comment

I love Gucci and Azmoun but Taremi outperformed them this past week based on positioning. Sure Taremi missed chances, but he received more chances by having greater positioning and if you look at both of the goals he was a mastermind at moving his body into the right spot at the right time and projected where the ball was going to be. Both of these acts gave us winning goals. These were important games and only Taremi scored in both of them, Azmoun and Gucci didn't. Azmoun is still my number 1 choice in the striker position, but he needs to look back at these games and learn from his mistakes. I saw a lot of improvement from his Qatar performance to his China performance. Taremi has been consistent this year with his goals showcasing it, but I do think he needs to learn from his mistakes as well and listen to what CQ says. No one should feel that their spot is soldified in this team and should always be competing with one another to become their best versions possible.

Comment

Taremi's level of talent is insane. To put it in perspective for you guys, in a situation like right now (where he is only performing half as good as he did compared to last year at best) he is still able to have a big impact. Logic tells us an in-form Taremi can do wonders.

Now on the flip side I don't think he or anyone else in TM is immune to criticism. His first half against Qatar was god awful and there's no two ways about it. He completed maybe one of 10 attempted passes and was jogging. But that's why you don't necessarily need to switch an important player out at half. I'll admit, I wanted him subbed out at half but that's why I'm not the coach CQ was smart to give him another go and it paid off. He also did much better vs China on and off the ball than he did vs Qatar.

He definitely needs to have a role in TM going forward for sure, but he's going to need to find that consistency of last season.

Let's all think back to karim ansarifard of 2012. Very similar situation and mentality to that of Taremi currently - got tons of unfair criticisms, Rejected moves to Europe, and had tons of confidence issues. Took him a while to get to where he is now....he really had to work his rear end off and idt we are still seeing the best of karim. So the same goes for Taremi IF he chooses. There's no doubt he will have more opportunities to go to Europe so let's just hope he takes after karim and learns from his mistake in the first place.

And to be clear, I'm not saying he needs to play in Europe to have that key role but specifically for what he needs to improve upon (consistency, confidence, finishing) he will find that in being in a challenging environment.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

^ He will find that after moving to another club like Sepahan where he won't have Musalman, Rafiei or Rezaian feeding him non stop. Then he sees the difference and may learn to be more careful on his finishing touches. There is no doubt he has good talent at creating opportunities and I give him credit for that but his scoring ratio is nerve breaking for Persepolis fans.
                            Last edited by PersianLegion; 03-29-2017, 05:26 AM.

Comment

I am happy he didn't disappoint and soon he might make us even more proud in world cup as he has a lot of potential and we all know it. The day I saw him, I was imagining him tdoing well for TM and he has proven this till now that he is not just a club player.

Taremi is making people like myself very proud that we believed in him so I wish he can even do better.

Damet garm Mehdi jan, you are the best!
                              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

^
                                Your previous predictions in Gen. Forum turned to be right.
                                Taremi will do well. CQ knows why he is choosing him.
                                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X