Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mehdi Taremi - Young Iranian talent - Persepolis player - Now: Rio Ave F.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he had been at this level at 19-20 and went to a top European league he could have been crazy good by now. Unfortunately he is a late bloomer which hinders his development a little bit but he can still be really good. Hopefully he gets better offers in the summer than 2. Bundesliga or Russia, but he should take those nonetheless.

Comment

I have high hopes for a transfer and improvement in areas where Taremi hasn't bloomed yet, but part of me still worries about Taremi pulling a Pouraligangi and going to Qatar.

I still can't believe that happened. Pouraligangi was saying Europe or nothing, Europe or nothing. Bam! He's in Qatar. It's a real shame that we can't rely on our players with potential to go to Europe, still. It seems that because of our WC performance and our good amount of players being exported to Europe and doing well that these guys would not have to settle for Qatar. I truly believe its a mix of $$$ and a team like NEC or Frankfurt aren't considered high enough quality for players like Pouraligangi. I hate this mentality of "oh, I am not going straight to Bundesliga or BPL, well I guess I'm headed to Qatar.

We always balk at the fact that there are so many Koreans and Japanese in Europe, but many of these guys were willing to leave at young ages to play in Russia, lower leagues of Europe, etc. to pay their dues. I respect Sardar and Jahanbakhsh for opening the Iranian doors for that behavior, but some players are still stuck with that old fashioned Iranian mentality that it's either Top 3 league or stay in Iran/go to Arabestan.

I truly hope my fears for Taremi are unfounded since he is great friends with Sardar, but we can never know. We've had many players in our history like Jalal Hosseini giving up Wolfsburg and Rahmati giving up a spot in Malaga because... I don't even know why they did it, but it's frustrating beyond belief. If Taremi can get into Swedish, Dutch, or even another mid to lower league he should go. He will get noticed over there, and if he is talented enough he will make it. Staying in Iran or Arabestan and getting picked up directly by Bayern has only happened to 1 player I believe and he is the Wizard AK8. Outside of that 1 in a million, our other players need to be realistic and start from the bottom to work their way to the top. I respect any player who is willing to do that, and I lose a lot of respect for Hosseini, Rahmati, and Pouraligangi for stunting their careers for comfort and avoiding challenges. PAG could have been something if he transferred to even Romanian or Austrian League. He could have at least been noticed in the friendly matches/possible Europa League games those clubs have with top league teams. The chances of being discovered in Qatar is about 0, as proper footballing nations do not scout in QSL. Heck, even Qatari people don't follow QSL. Sorry for the rant, just never got a chance to vent about PAG's boneheaded transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
        If he had been at this level at 19-20 and went to a top European league he could have been crazy good by now. Unfortunately he is a late bloomer which hinders his development a little bit but he can still be really good. Hopefully he gets better offers in the summer than 2. Bundesliga or Russia, but he should take those nonetheless.
        Daei started his professional footbal at the age of 25.

Nonetheless today we clearly felt his absence in the team against Saipa. He single-handedly creates scoring chances for himself, his long and fast runs with great ball control makes him an outstanding and unique player in PGL.

Comment

he has to go to europe at the end of this season or else he will be wasted in iran just like the Oladi, kazemian, mandanchi etc....
          IRI = FAILED

Comment

He is not target forward, he is more like forward-e- sayeh or second striker. He need to work on his finishing touch for sure. But the guy is one of few really talented player i saw in Iran in last 4-5 years. He should move this summer for sure. I agree Holland can be a good start for him and match his style well.

Comment

Taremi should go to China and grab some money. I doubt he can shine in a decent European league. Maybe Greek or Belgium league at best.

Comment

whatever the future holds for Taremi, I am just happy that we have found this guy and that he is ours. and I mean ours as in Pespolisee.
                I know some members here think that he was better off going to another club in Iran where he can be away from the chaos of perspolis, but my only respond to that is: bullshit! he is ours. go get your own.

to me, he seems to have all the ingredients to become perspolis's next great player. and I mean great as in with likes of Behzadi, shahrokhi, Iranpak, parvin, Pius, Daie, bagheri, Karimi, Kia, etc.. he looks that good.

Comment

Last year this time I ranked him 5th best striker in Iran after Azmoun, Gucci, Kaarim, Sharifi.
                  Right now IMHO he is 2nd best after untouchable Azmoun. To be on the same level az azmoun he must greatly work on his headers and finishing rate.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                    whatever the future holds for Taremi, I am just happy that we have found this guy and that he is ours. and I mean ours as in Pespolisee.
                    I know some members here think that he was better off going to another club in Iran where he can be away from the chaos of perspolis, but my only respond to that is: bullshit! he is ours. go get your own.
                    to me, he seems to have all the ingredients to become perspolis's next great player. and I mean great as in with likes of Behzadi, shahrokhi, Iranpak, parvin, Pius, Daie, bagheri, Karimi, Kia, etc.. he looks that good.
                    Totally disagree with you my fellow Persepolisi fan. He is not in their caliber yet. He should show some consistency and success in Europe to be on the same rank.
                    Ali Daei, Mahdavi Kia and Ali Karimi stand on whole different level.

To me he is another Nikbakht.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                      Totally disagree with you my fellow Persepolisi fan. He is not in their caliber yet. He should show some consistency and success in Europe to be on the same rank.
                      Ali Daei, Mahdavi Kia and Ali Karimi stand on whole different level.

To me he is another Nikbakht.
                      I didn't say he is there, I said he has "all the ingredients to become ...".

Comment

Is this the breakthrough for Taremi?

Not a fan of creating separated threads, but in order to spread his name lets discuss this one here:

With Mehdi Taremi scoring crucial goals in the Asian Champions League for Perspolis and now in the World Cup Qualifiers for Iran - his name is finally up on the international stage as well. This should surely attract some scout!

The thing about Taremi is that he isn’t even in Top form. I have seen 90% of all Perspolis games and can say he is only half of what he used to be last season. As many expected, apart from few delusional experts, Taremi's performance dropped by staying another year in Iran - nothing new, happened to hundreds of other players before him.

Thankfully due to having the 2 best playmaker of Iran behind him, Rafie & Moslaman, he gets dozen of chances with eventually Taremi scoring at least one and reaching for the Top scorer award. This helped him to stay alive in TM and CQ still believing in him - which paid off.

Some people made fun of me when I rated Taremi more talented (not better) than likes of Azmoun, so I am very happy he is showing glimpses of his true quality. This is only Taremi's 3rd year playing in PGL - but he managed to conquer the league in a heartbeat: quickly becoming a key player of the biggest club in Iran and being praised by everyone. When I was in Iran Taremi was one of the very very few players even hardcore biased SS or anti-Perspolis fans showed respect to.

Remember how Karim Ansarifard was doing fine, but struggled with Perspolis and TM? And see how much he improved after moving to Europe. Now imagine what can happen to a player like Taremi,who is even more talented.

Those who criticize Taremi are totally right! Despite his 2 winning goals, some of his moves, passes and decisions have been very sloppy and annoying. Before someone calls me biased let me also say that I have bashed Taremi a lot this season. Thankfully though in the last 6 or 7 matches he has upped his game a bit...but still FAR away from his true potential.

These 2 goals will help him to keep the haters away from him now. We just love to destroy the confidence of players...From the current squad: We have done this to Ansarifard, Shojaei, Rezaeian...last WCQ we even attacked our captain Nekounam! But all of them ended up being valuable soldiers for TM. Please criticize, but let’s not get over ourselves. Taremi indeed is not fully convincing, but keep nonsense like he has no potential/talent or is not TM material away - because that’s far from the truth.

https://vimeo.com/210459961
                        Formerly known as Persianking!
                        Follow me @
                        instagram/iranscout
                        instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

His positioning is top class but he will never make it at a big league unless his finishing improves. For both goals against Qatar and China the goalkeepers both made silly mistakes as well
                          Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

i would say no, cause he score goals but he need like 10 chances to make one, while gucci and azmoun rate is lower, also he is not professional remmber what happen when he went to turkey, no european team would risk on him

Comment

But the real question is, will clubs be okay with the clause in his contract that says he "must bring Rezaeian and a steady supply Maman's ghormeh sabzi" with him?

But all jokes aside, he could be Ansarifarnt 2.0 if he decides to make the jump to Europe

Comment

He needs to make quick decisions like Gucci. He saw a ball coming to him and he quickly shot and created a great goal opportunity.

Taremi and Azmoun aren't great at dribbling defenders in a 1-1 situation so they should pass other players instead of insisting on dribbling.

Comment

Working...
                                X