Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mehdi Taremi - Young Iranian talent - Persepolis player - Now: Rio Ave F.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
    Emotional and nostalgic? Do you even know what these words mean? Nothing in my previous post even hints at nostalgy. And where is Gucci now? Where is Ghazi? Where is Gholamreza Rezaei? And here you are claiming that i'm the one who's nostalgic and emotional, you're a funny guy.

Yes let's move forward towards the World Cup in 2022, where you'll see that Ansarifard will still be a part of our National Team, like he was in 2014 and 2018, while your buddies Gucci, Ghazi and Gholamreza Rezaei will be at home eating chips in front of the telly cheering for TM like the rest of us.

Also lol at the "it was only in the past year and half or so that queiroz made the strange decision to start playing him on the wing and midfield" comment. I can tell you're quite the football expert lad xD. It wasn't a strange decision of Queiroz to play Ansarifard on the Wings and Midfield at all, it's because Ansarifard is a versatile player, look up the word versatile mate.

Another genius statement by agha Mehdi: "Wilmots would be wise to promote allahyar to karims current role. karim has had a decades worth of chances. his wiki still says "daei's successor" lmao. lets move forward with our sights set on qatar 2022". You should become Wilmot's advisor, it's clear that your knowledge on football is impeccable. We're all very eager on more posts from you regarding Iranian football, truly outstanding stuff matey.
    ansarifard was so hopeless we had a 15 page thread before AC 2015 about EDINHO applying for an iranian passport and whether he should be invited to TM. thankfully sardar emerged as our long term striker in that tournament (where gucci scored 2 late goals btw and karim didn’t play at all). btw another impotent peformance by karim yesterday. we better hope there is a better option by 2022.

Comment

i dont keep track of stats, but id imagine Karim would have the Lowest per-minute-played production(goals & assists) than any other Striker in History of TM..??
      there were times that i was infuriated with CQ for giving this guy soooooo many freaking chances and him sleep-walking nearly through them all...!! at least nowadays and in the run up to WC18, he Finally seems to have caught up to what he supposed to be doing on the pitch and he seems far more involved and effective in our overall scheme of play..! i though he had an overall excellent performance vs Syria the other day, regardless of pissing away few golden opportunities...!
      Nonetheless, he Still Must Improve his positioning and composure in final third of the pitch and Vastly enhance his Finishing Touches to continue to be justly warranted of his currently mostly Starting status..! Im afraid he is too old of a dog to be thought new tricks though and WM would be wise to start looking for a young, more promising replacement to slowly bed-in to his TM Striker position moving forward..!

Comment

Just reminding everyone that this is Mehdi Taremi thread

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
          don't get emotional and nostalgic. just look at the facts and history. queiroz started players like ghazi and rezaei over ansarifard in several important qualifers. thats it. you can't change that. when gucci joined team melli, queiroz rotated the position even less and karim mostly saw minutes in friendlies. he appeared once in 2014 wc and when sardar was promoted to first choice during 2015 ac, gucci was preferred backup. then taremi arrived and was clearly a dangerous combo with sardar. it was only in the past year and half or so that queiroz made the strange decision to start playing him on the wing and midfield. he has almost 40 more caps than guys like gucci, taremi and sardar but only has a couple more goals than gucci. his goal ratio is closer to your pal gholamreza. wilmots would be wise to promote allahyar to karims current role. karim has had a decades worth of chances. his wiki still says "daei's successor" lmao. lets move forward with our sights set on qatar 2022.
          Aziz Karim is in his prime @ 29 years old.

Allayarh does not have the legs to play even a 90 min game at a high level lol.

As stated by others I expect Karim to be apart of TM for the next 4 years all the way to 2022....

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
            Aziz Karim is in his prime @ 29 years old.
            Allayarh does not have the legs to play even a 90 min game at a high level lol.
            As stated by others I expect Karim to be apart of TM for the next 4 years all the way to 2022....
            karim made his first appearance in TM at age 19. he may have been hyped up more than sardar. every week bazargarmi originating from iran about moving to dortmund. now 10 years later, can we say he is such a special talent? why can’t allahyar play at 18? he doesn’t need to play 90 min. sardar was first capped at 18 and became first choice at 19/20. if allahyar is really moving to fenerbahce at 18, he’s already ahead of karim career-wise and he’ll be more useful than him by 2022 imo.

Comment

Mehdi Taremi: Profile of Iranian striker performing in Portugal

https://tasteoffootball.com/2020/01/...g-in-portugal/

Aston Villa interested in signing Rio Ave striker

Mehdi Taremi. Chances are you’ve never heard of the name before. I didn’t either before 10 minutes ago, so don’t worry. The striker has had a decent season for Portuguese side Rio Ave. 6 goals in 13 appearances isn’t exceptional by any means. However Aston Villa have seen something in the Iranian international that means they now want him.

According to Sky Sports, the Villans are keen on a deal for the 27 year old. With the injury blow to Wesley Moraes ruling him out for the foreseeable future, it’s no surprise Dean Smith needs forwards. With a deal for Mbwana Samatta very close (click on the link for our profile on him), Villa Park will be seeing some new faces very soon.

Here’s our profile on Taremi, because let’s face it, you didn’t have a clue he existed before the news:

Mehdi Taremi – Style of Play

At 6ft 2, Taremi is a massive physical presence. In the video, he uses his body to shield the ball, helping set himself up for a shot. But also as a provider. The Iranian uses his frame to chest it down and lay it off to a teammate on one occasion. The striker is definitely capable of bringing down long balls given his stature, that’s for sure.

However what you wouldn’t expect from the former Al-Gharafa attacker is a turn of pace and good on the ball skills. Alongside being an able target man, Taremi can collect the ball in his stride and dribble well with it. Not like the typical tall and sluggish striker. The way he moves and shifts the ball in the video highlights how well rounded he is.

But most importantly for Villa fans, the Portuguese League forward looks like a good finisher. He strikes the ball well, either by placing it into the side netting, or smashing it into the top corner. Perhaps the most impressive thing about Taremi is his movement. An often underrated quality of good strikers. Multiple times in the video, the 27 year old makes intelligent runs into the box. With a creator like Jack Grealish behind you, you can expect he’ll definitely have lots of chances in front of goal. Of course this is a highlight reel, so whether he’s actually a good finisher, only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                https://tasteoffootball.com/2020/01/...g-in-portugal/

Aston Villa interested in signing Rio Ave striker

Mehdi Taremi. Chances are you’ve never heard of the name before. I didn’t either before 10 minutes ago, so don’t worry. The striker has had a decent season for Portuguese side Rio Ave. 6 goals in 13 appearances isn’t exceptional by any means. However Aston Villa have seen something in the Iranian international that means they now want him.

According to Sky Sports, the Villans are keen on a deal for the 27 year old. With the injury blow to Wesley Moraes ruling him out for the foreseeable future, it’s no surprise Dean Smith needs forwards. With a deal for Mbwana Samatta very close (click on the link for our profile on him), Villa Park will be seeing some new faces very soon.

Here’s our profile on Taremi, because let’s face it, you didn’t have a clue he existed before the news:

Mehdi Taremi – Style of Play

At 6ft 2, Taremi is a massive physical presence. In the video, he uses his body to shield the ball, helping set himself up for a shot. But also as a provider. The Iranian uses his frame to chest it down and lay it off to a teammate on one occasion. The striker is definitely capable of bringing down long balls given his stature, that’s for sure.

However what you wouldn’t expect from the former Al-Gharafa attacker is a turn of pace and good on the ball skills. Alongside being an able target man, Taremi can collect the ball in his stride and dribble well with it. Not like the typical tall and sluggish striker. The way he moves and shifts the ball in the video highlights how well rounded he is.

But most importantly for Villa fans, the Portuguese League forward looks like a good finisher. He strikes the ball well, either by placing it into the side netting, or smashing it into the top corner. Perhaps the most impressive thing about Taremi is his movement. An often underrated quality of good strikers. Multiple times in the video, the 27 year old makes intelligent runs into the box. With a creator like Jack Grealish behind you, you can expect he’ll definitely have lots of chances in front of goal. Of course this is a highlight reel, so whether he’s actually a good finisher, only time will tell.
                I hate the arrongant/SUperior tone of the article towards the iranians "you didn't hear about me me neither". SOB, where were you during the games of the last WC group of death??

Comment

@ PSG so you excpect people to remember iranian players and TM because of the last WC ? Of course nobody knows Taremi, i cant even remember myself and im iranian and watched all WC games. You have to understand them

Comment

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
                    @ PSG so you excpect people to remember iranian players and TM because of the last WC ? Of course nobody knows Taremi, i cant even remember myself and im iranian and watched all WC games. You have to understand them
                    The guy (a so called football expert) says he never heard his name before. If he watched the WC (like a so called expert should have), thez guy heard his name before thus he is lying.

Comment

Ingilisihaa mast o dang hastand.
                      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

I don't see how it would be weird for an Englishman to 'not have heard' about Taremi.
                        I'm pretty sure 99% here also can't recall Marcos Urena. (I'm not saying these players are the same quality)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                          The guy (a so called football expert) says he never heard his name before. If he watched the WC (like a so called expert should have), thez guy heard his name before thus he is lying.
                          Dude, time to check in with reality, barely anyone knows Iranian players. It's nothing to be so hurt about.
                          Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                          محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                          - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Working...
                          X