It just dawned on me, all this jubilation for what? [درد و دل]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just dawned on me, all this jubilation for what? [درد و دل]

But why, why is this the fate of Iranian football?

Why do Korea, Japan and Australia have so many more players in the top world leagues? Is it because they have better players? No.

Football clubs are a business, a source of profiteering, hence when a club like Man Utd buys the likes of Kagawa, Park... it also acquires a massive increase in financial benefits. Thanks to the increase in attention and fan base, merchandise sales (opening of official stores) and broadcasting rights. What does it gain in Iran? Not much.
    Is this the only reason? Of course not, naturally the players quality is important but it is not as important as we think for these clubs, there are other parameters that play an equal if not bigger role.

Our players have the potential, have the talent but things like inflated IPL salaries and copyright are probably the biggest culprits and the wall between more player transfers to top leagues.

We have many broken pieces yet no tool to fix with.

When looking at our players, European clubs only take into account their abilities on the field as all of the off the field revenue does not play a role due to lack of broadcasting rights or merchandise sales. That's the reality of our soccer today and why Korea and Japan have so many more players in Europe.
    After the World Cup I certainly did not expect top European clubs chasing our players for their signatures but I also didn't expect the reverse exodus to arab leagues either.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
    X