Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three greatest iranan legends to bid farewell against South Korea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Three greatest iranan legends to bid farewell against South Korea!

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
    Vahid Hashemian didn't publicly wish the coach being fired. Also, he wasn't hoping Iran to lose so that they would beg him back for the final games.

In contrast, Rahmati did all the above described things. To top it, when did Hashemian leave in the middle of a training camp when he found out he wouldn't be starting? Hashemian is professional, Rahmati and Aghili are not.
    To be fair I never liked Vahid. He isn't a true legend in TM sense. He refused to play for TM for 4 years but his move was no different than Dejagah or Hagesawa now. Eventually he put his pride aside and committed to TM but certainly not long enough to deserve a fairwell match.

I would put Hashemian in the same catagory as Majidi, Zandi, or Estili for TM. Not a legend but a meaningful contributor.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
      When did he quit? You're either making things up in your head or heard BS news, I've never heard these accusations be brought towards VH
      He was consistently invited to TM following the 2004 AC onward.
      He never disrespected the national team sinker the way aghili and rahmari did by either brewing shit in the media about the TM coach or leaving TM because he wasn't in the starting XI.
      VH did put off his TM invite in the beginning because he was in the middle of his bundlesliga season and wasn't able to leave his club where he was much needed and fighting for consistent playing time, that doesn't make him worthy to be alluded to in the way in which you did. Dejagah did the exact same thing with TM in 2011 AC.
      You are wrong. Ghahr karde bood. I remember the whole thing. It wasn't some situation where he was temporarily saying no so he could help his club.

Watch this clip from minute 1:45 to 2:30. They explain the basic idea of what happened. Dadkan and Branko had to go beg him to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
        You are wrong. Ghahr karde bood. I remember the whole thing. It wasn't some situation where he was temporarily saying no so he could help his club.

Watch this clip from minute 1:45 to 2:30. They explain the basic idea of what happened. Dadkan and Branko had to go beg him to come back.
        Baba Koja gofte ghar karde bood? He specifically said he didn't come for personal reasons, not because he wasn't in a starting line up or because he is crying about a dispute with a team mate or coach.

There's a fine difference in comparing his situation to those who brought hashyeh to the team. Just stop with the ridiculous comparisons man it's seriously crazy.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I asked you before to not say personal things about me. You can talk about football related topics but there is no need for the personal stuff.

Anyways, the point that I was making (which you clearly missed) is that players like Rahmati and Aghili should not be labeled as clowns and traitors. They have done a lot for TM and don't deserve to be bashed so much. btw back when Hashemian was refusing TM invites there were plenty of ungrateful people who bashed him as well.
          I think you are confused. I didn't say anything personal about you.

As for the rest Kiarash and Ghermez Agha explained it.

And yes, there is a big difference between walking out on a team during practice and not doing that.
          راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
            To be fair I never liked Vahid. He isn't a true legend in TM sense. He refused to play for TM for 4 years but his move was no different than Dejagah or Hagesawa now. Eventually he put his pride aside and committed to TM but certainly not long enough to deserve a fairwell match.

I would put Hashemian in the same catagory as Majidi, Zandi, or Estili for TM. Not a legend but a meaningful contributor.

I wouldn't never use Majidi in the same sentence as the others.

I think the difference between Vahid and Estili and Zandi is that Vahid brought us pride because of his long and successful career in a top league. That's not taking anything away from the other two but just shining a light on a key difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
              Baba Koja gofte ghar karde bood? He specifically said he didn't come for personal reasons, not because he wasn't in a starting line up or because he is crying about a dispute with a team mate or coach.

There's a fine difference in comparing his situation to those who brought hashyeh to the team. Just stop with the ridiculous comparisons man it's seriously crazy.
              Forget the comparison. They are obviously not the same.

But in regards to the Hashemian thing, did you even watch Iranian football back then?

Watch this from minute 12:13 to around 16:30

Comment

But in regards to the Hashemian thing, did you even watch Iranian football back then?

Damesh garm, what a class act. PAS players and supporters can understand well what he was trying to say.

Man, watching those clips, those goals, just reminded me of what a legend he is.
                Last edited by rugs; 08-24-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Yes sir, I did. Actually that's when I started to really get into it.

I've watched his entire interview several times. He clearly states that he had issues with our incompetent federation.

Despite his rough relationship, he came back to TM at a crucial time when they were on the brink of elimination from WCQs, needing to win in Jordan. Vahid came back for that game and helped TM get out of that mess.

Direct quote around minute 13 from this interview: "man be khatere mardoome Iran bargashtam va natoonestam bebinam team meli afghab biofte."

How can you be portraying this man as anything other than a class act?

We are lucky to have a man with such class in our football as it quite rare to find someone like VH.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Put Hashemian at the same level of Zandi and Majidi.. loooool

Guys, you need to learn how put aside your personal preferences and be objective. I always liked Majidi and Zandi both, but Hashemian is head and shoulders above them. And for who say he did not a lot for TM you have to consider not only his carrer as a player but what he will able to do in next years. I am almost sure that Hashemian, Mahdavikia and Nekounam will do great things for Iran as scouts and coaches. They will bring our youngsters in Europe thanks to their contacts with european sides (Mahdavikia with Hamburg, Hashemian with Bayern, Nekounam with Osasuna) and will bring their modern and european coaching style in Iran. I have a lot of respect for Bagheri or Adebdzadeh but you have to consider also these things to say who is an iranian legend.

Comment

I would not put Hashemian in the same sentence as Zandi, Majidi etc. simply because he's achieved way more, both in terms of club career as well as with TM (Estili's case is debatable imo).

Anyway, from what remember, Hashemian was upset/sad that he did not get much playing time late 90's/early 00's despite playing in the Bundesliga. I think the straw that broke the camel's back was his very low contribution in the Asian Cup 2000 where he got subbed in only once (don't remember in which match that was).

After that he refused to play for TM for about 4 years but decided to put his anger aside and return after some personal meetings with Branko who basically begged him to return. Luckily for us he did and the rest is history.

I remember many people were upset with him during that time for his refusal to play for TM. He did have some arguements with the coach/federation, but many people believed that he put his club career ahead of TM. Personally I don't think that was the case. I believe he was just upset that he didn't get the playing time/recognition that he believed he deserved to get, and perhaps rightfully so.
                      Last edited by Amin_; 08-25-2014, 07:25 AM.
                      Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

The posts above are PROOF that :

1. There is a lack of RESPECT for our players ... even the LEGENDS .... yes, HASHEMIAN is a LEGEND ... he played for BAYERN for God's sake. And without his goals (especially one in Korea and the one against Japan) we would not be in 2006 World Cup.

2. There is a lack of LOYALTY .

3. There are a bunch of air-headed LAATS on this board.

Embarrassing to say the least ...

SALUTE to the 3 legends ... I for one am thankful the Federation is doing this for them..... Proper way to retire from International football and to see them all in the TEAM MELLI shirt once again is precious ... that is one poster I would gladly order from Iran .
                        The memories these men have left us with ... Imagine if that pin point Karimi cross vs. Mexico onto Hashemian's head that was superbly saved by their goalie had gone in .... smh ...

Comment

The issue is it's very rare to retire from soccer completely and then from the national team. Normally it's the other way around.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                            I wouldn't never use Majidi in the same sentence as the others.

I think the difference between Vahid and Estili and Zandi is that Vahid brought us pride because of his long and successful career in a top league. That's not taking anything away from the other two but just shining a light on a key difference.
                            We are talking team melli not international club. By your logic then Hashemian deserves a bundesliga fairwell match...not a team melli match. Estili was a work horse for TM and scored one of our most iconic goals in WC history. Zandi was a faithful callup who helped the teams midfield and eventually qualification. Majidi well...kinda like Hasshemian was a star in his club league and had a few moments for TM but nothing truly legendary...

In terms of TM Hashemians refusal to accept a callup for 4 years and his brief stint does not earn a TM fairwell match...maybe Bochum can do something for him...Bayern certainly won't...considering for the longest time he claimed he wanted to focus on club and personal issues before TM and Iran.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                              We are talking team melli not international club. By your logic then Hashemian deserves a bundesliga fairwell match...not a team melli match. Estili was a work horse for TM and scored one of our most iconic goals in WC history. Zandi was a faithful callup who helped the teams midfield and eventually qualification. Majidi well...kinda like Hasshemian was a star in his club league and had a few moments for TM but nothing truly legendary...

In terms of TM Hashemians refusal to accept a callup for 4 years and his brief stint does not earn a TM fairwell match...maybe Bochum can do something for him...Bayern certainly won't...considering for the longest time he claimed he wanted to focus on club and personal issues before TM and Iran.

That's not what I'm talking about. I am talking about their entire careers as Iranian players.

But even if we only focus on their TM stints, there is still no comparison. What Hash did in 2005-6 cannot be compared to anything Zandi and Majidi ever did for TM.

I agree Estili should have had a goodbye match. But because he didn't does not mean Vahid shouldn't have one.

Also, Majidi's club or TM career can never be compared to Hashemian. Both a Renault 5 and BMW are automobiles, but that doesn't mean they are on the same level.

Comment

^ Hash??? LOL

btw, Renault 5 is regarded as a legendary car. Much better than many of the BMWs of its time. So yes I agree with the Majidi Renault 5 comparison.

800px-Renault_5_Turbo.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X