Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three greatest iranan legends to bid farewell against South Korea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Mahdavikia's 3rd retirement match.

Comment

Look, they will probably play from the start for about 15 mins, each will get subbed out separately in that time and get their ovation.

Comment

VH is hardly a ''legend''. Except a couple of games, he has been rather ordinary in the little number of TM games he's been involved in.
        Certainly cannot be even in the same sentence as Kia or Daei or Abedzadeh or ...

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
          VH is hardly a ''legend''. Except a couple of games, he has been rather ordinary in the little number of TM games he's been involved in.
          Certainly cannot be even in the same sentence as Kia or Daei or Abedzadeh or ...
          He was played out of position pretty much his entire career because of old Daei. Poor guy even then scored some great goals and we can argue that without his goals we probably wouldn't have qualified to World Cup 2006.

Comment

Guys, i am going mad with all these useless polemics. Why there are people who need to complain in any situation? Do you understand they'll get most 10-15 minutes? And why do you say they retired several years ago? Even five years ago? Hashemian retired 2 years ago, Mahdavikia 1 year ago, Karimi one month ago. They did not get any good farewell match, especially with National Team, which they have honored in so many years of services as our best players of all decades.
            And for who say Hashemian is not at the same level of AK8/Mehdi, and does not deserve a farewell match, i ask if they really know his carrer. There are many fans who place the likes of Majidi among our legends, but not Hashemian or Nekounam, who (unlike Daei) have had the most successful european carrer with Mahdavikia. Hashemian played 11 seasons in Europe, is coaching in Europe learning by Guardiola, he'll bring several iranian youngsters in Europe and will be the only iranian coach with european mentality. But at first, his gheryat, dedication, reliability, class, hard work (qualities that we can only dream with our current immature, arab-money whores) place him among our top 5 legends of all times. If he did'nt done more (as he could) it was for Daei who continued to play for Iran until 37 years-old.
            Forget AC for a second. If we will win the tournament it will not thanks to a friendly against South Korea. Be happy for our football and as real fans, prepare your handkerchiefs. It will be our last opportunity to see and remember players who made our football number one in Asia and known/respected in Europe.

Comment

Didn't Hashemian refuse to play for TM under Branko. If CQ was in charge he would have never been recalled. So shouldn't he be labeled as a clown and a traitor like Rahmati and Aghili.

Comment

How come Karim Bagheri is not in the list for the South Korea friendly? Or did he already get a good farewell match? Actually why not add Daie and Azizi to the roster as well.
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                  How come Karim Bagheri is not in the list for the South Korea friendly? Or did he already get a good farewell match? Actually why not add Daie and Azizi to the roster as well.
                  Your sarcasm is totally useless. Bagheri retired four years ago and had his farewell match with Team Melli against Brazil. Mahdavikia and Hashemian retired 1/2 years ago and had'nt any farewell match with National Team. And with all respect for Bagheri (the best iranian midfielder of all times among with Nekounam) i would not put him at the same level of Hashemian and Mahdavikia because of his poor european carrer. The same with Abdezadeh who did not even went to Europe. I know many people would'nt agree with me but that's my opinion.
                  Maradona had his farewell match after four years his effective retire. So...

Comment

Abedzadeh did a lot more for TM than Hashemian, Europe or not.

Comment

Re: Three greatest iranan legends to bid farewell against South Korea!

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
                      Didn't Hashemian refuse to play for TM under Branko. If CQ was in charge he would have never been recalled. So shouldn't he be labeled as a clown and a traitor like Rahmati and Aghili.
                      No he definitely shouldn't.

However some here should be labeled something for their lack of basic TM facts combined with the worst form of audacity.

Anyone have any suggestions?
                      راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                        LOL typical .... the one decent friendly we get is being used as a farewell match for legends that retired years ago. How about inviting our young talents in Europe to prepare for the major tournament coming up in a matter of months?
                        So true!

Why not inviting Pele, maradona to play their farewell match for iran against SK. Though, I agree AK8 deserve to have a farewell match

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                          No he definitely shouldn't.

However some here should be labeled something for their lack of basic TM facts combined with the worst form of audacity.

Anyone have any suggestions?
                          I asked you before to not say personal things about me. You can talk about football related topics but there is no need for the personal stuff.

Anyways, the point that I was making (which you clearly missed) is that players like Rahmati and Aghili should not be labeled as clowns and traitors. They have done a lot for TM and don't deserve to be bashed so much. btw back when Hashemian was refusing TM invites there were plenty of ungrateful people who bashed him as well.

Comment

Re: Three greatest iranan legends to bid farewell against South Korea!

I asked you before to not say personal things about me. You can talk about football related topics but there is no need for the personal stuff.

Anyways, the point that I was making (which you clearly missed) is that players like Rahmati and Aghili should not be labeled as clowns and traitors. They have done a lot for TM and don't deserve to be bashed so much. btw back when Hashemian was refusing TM invites there were plenty of ungrateful people who bashed him as well.
                            Vahid Hashemian didn't publicly wish the coach being fired. Also, he wasn't hoping Iran to lose so that they would beg him back for the final games.

In contrast, Rahmati did all the above described things. To top it, when did Hashemian leave in the middle of a training camp when he found out he wouldn't be starting? Hashemian is professional, Rahmati and Aghili are not.

Comment

So it's okay to quit TM and refuse invites as long as its not the night before the match. I'll take a note of that. Thank you.

Comment

So it's okay to quit TM and refuse invites as long as its not the night before the match. I'll take a note of that. Thank you.
                                When did he quit? You're either making things up in your head or heard BS news, I've never heard these accusations be brought towards VH

He was consistently invited to TM following the 2004 AC onward.

He never disrespected the national team shirt the way aghili and rahmari did by either brewing shit in the media about the TM coach or leaving TM because he wasn't in the starting XI.

VH did put off his TM invite in the beginning because he was in the middle of his bundlesliga season and wasn't able to leave his club where he was much needed and fighting for consistent playing time, that doesn't make him worthy to be alluded to in the way in which you did. Dejagah did the exact same thing with TM in 2011 AC.
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X