Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three greatest iranan legends to bid farewell against South Korea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be frank, it's not easy and fair to make judgements of Iranian strikers in TM between 1994-95 and 2004+, an era that was dominated by Daei who featured in practically every match (even the unsignificant friendlies).

Hell, even Hashemian at his prime had to make way for an old and fat Daei for some time to play on the LW instead of his natural position as a center forward. Let alone other strikers that were called up during Daei's prime...they were practically chanceless!
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Amin and A.Behzadi are few examples of guys who use their brain. Nothing to add.

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
        That's not what I'm talking about. I am talking about their entire careers as Iranian players.

But even if we only focus on their TM stints, there is still no comparison. What Hash did in 2005-6 cannot be compared to anything Zandi and Majidi ever did for TM.

I agree Estili should have had a goodbye match. But because he didn't does not mean Vahid shouldn't have one.

Also, Majidi's club or TM career can never be compared to Hashemian. Both a Renault 5 and BMW are automobiles, but that doesn't mean they are on the same level.
        Hashemian scored 15 times for TM while Zandi scored 8 times. Hashemian was a striker, Zandi was a MF...I am not sure any one of them outshone the other. What about Nikbakht Vahedi, does he deserve a retirement match? He scored 14 times for Iran and similar to Hashemian he walked away from the national team due to a dispute with the federation as well.

Daie, Karimi, Bagheri, Azizi, Nekounam, and perhaps one day Teymourian are this generations legends...Hashemian should have realized when he declined the national team for 4 years, it would and did tarnish his image. It's a blemish in hindsight, but fact is, he declined national team duty and his record is no better than a guy like Nikbakht internationally who also walked away from TM due to a dispute with officials.

Originally posted by H.Behzadi FAN View Post
        The posts above are PROOF that :

1. There is a lack of RESPECT...

3. There are a bunch of air-headed LAATS on this board.

Embarrassing to say the least ...
        I am really wondering if you are the best person to speak about respect...you are right, your post is certainly embarrassing to say the least. I'll take it one step further, your post and comments represent everything that is wrong about Iranian society. We turn to insults and degrading comments when we cannot convey our point of view effectively or when someone shares a different opinion than ours.
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
        X