Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Team Mellii ruin our foreign born players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Team Mellii ruin our foreign born players?

With Dejagah and Gucci both joining team in the middle east, it made me think. Does joining Team Melli ruin the careers of our foreign born players.

Take Zandi for example, before joining Team Melli, he was a key player for a decent German side, he then joined team melli and his club career went downwards, soon after he was playing in Iran and then Arab leagues.

Dejagah when he first came on the scene was the next big thing in Germany, and last season he showed that he is good enough to play in arguably the best league in the world. Gucci is another example, going from playing good standard European football to Arrab leagues.
    I know that these guys are doing good financially now but in terms of football standards they're going downhill.

And this makes me worried, with the likes of Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun going to me the next players in Team Melli, will they be tempted by the big money contracts that the Arag leagues will be soon to offer them>?! And not progress in football terms as they should?

AW: Does Team Mellii ruin our foreign born players?

It raises their market value in Asia, also due to AFC's rule of allowing 2 foreigners & 1 additional AFC legionnaire. This makes them a perfect target for rich Arab clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN_TILL_I_DIE View Post
      With Dejagah and Gucci both joining team in the middle east, it made me think. Does joining Team Melli ruin the careers of our foreign born players.
      Take Zandi for example, before joining Team Melli, he was a key player for a decent German side, he then joined team melli and his club career went downwards, soon after he was playing in Iran and then Arab leagues.
      Dejagah when he first came on the scene was the next big thing in Germany, and last season he showed that he is good enough to play in arguably the best league in the world. Gucci is another example, going from playing good standard European football to Arrab leagues.
      I know that these guys are doing good financially now but in terms of football standards they're going downhill.
      And this makes me worried, with the likes of Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun going to me the next players in Team Melli, will they be tempted by the big money contracts that the Arag leagues will be soon to offer them>?! And not progress in football terms as they should?
      Gucci was on bench in liege and then again on bench in Charlton. sitting on bench and not making Money. why should he not come to ME?
      Zandi was done in germany more or less, at best he was 2nd bundesliga player playing for free, he decided to come to ME to play and earn cash.
      dejagah is different story, but he didnt want to play 45games in kick and run Championship, half of them in snow or rain, i dont blame him

Comment

those are coincidences. i dont see how joining a national team can ruin your career. if anything it should make it better. ashkan and gucci chose money, its simple. what happened to zandi happens to many players...sometimes a player can be promising but not quite live up to it.

Comment

No, Team Melli leads to them making millions.
          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
            No, Team Melli leads to them making millions.
            in case of zandi and gucci i totally agree with you . for ashkan he was already a well paid player when he joined TM .

Comment

Zandi was past his prime, and very very slow.
              Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                Gucci was on bench in liege and then again on bench in Charlton. sitting on bench and not making Money. why should he not come to ME?
                Zandi was done in germany more or less, at best he was 2nd bundesliga player playing for free, he decided to come to ME to play and earn cash.
                dejagah is different story, but he didnt want to play 45games in kick and run Championship, half of them in snow or rain, i dont blame him
                Dejagah was/is injured, he can barely play 45 minutes in EPL

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN_TILL_I_DIE View Post

Ashkan and Reza were born in Iran. Have you heard the story about 2 scientist tested a frog.
                  They cut it's legs off and they said "jump!" the frog didn't jump.
                  Scientist therefore concluded that when frogs lose their legs, they become deaf.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikiosan View Post
                    Ashkan and Reza were born in Iran. Have you heard the story about 2 scientist tested a frog.
                    They cut it's legs off and they said "jump!" the frog didn't jump.
                    Scientist therefore concluded that when frogs lose their legs, they become deaf.
                    yes true, but Ashkan was 1 and Gucci 4 when they left Iran.

you know my point...

Comment

Guys wanting to cash out has nothing to do with them playing for TM.

Gucci and Ashkan had plenty of offers to stay in Europe, I've gotten this confirmed.

Dejagah was bought by Fulham after representing Iran, and at the time Fulham was a step up from Wolfsburg arguably. Also Gucci was playing in the lower leagues of Belgium and holland before playing for TM where he was bought buy the best team in Belgium and then his transfer to Charlton.

Zandi's case wasn't too different. He just went where the money was, these guys get offered double or triple the money and after 6-7 years of getting paid decent money, they want to go for the big bucks.

Then you have guys like masoud who are still playing European football and not looking to cash out.

It all spends on the player, not the nationality. I was never in agreement with this accusation.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                      X