Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ then why did he say that he could make Iran champions if he had the team at his availability till January??

Comment

^ I think people are upset at the Youth and Sports Ministry for interfering, not IFF.

At least that's what all the comments on Iranian sites suggest.
      راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
        ^ then why did he say that he could make Iran champions if he had the team at his availability till January??
        Bazar-garmi Abtin jaan. Let's face it, CQ was by far the best coach Iran has seen as far as public relations go. He also said he would get us to the 2nd round in the WC, but we all remember what he said about TM after the crucial Bosnia game that would have got us there.

Ultimately, what people say and believe aren't always the same thing and deep down inside, I don't think CQ ever believed in anything related to Iranian football - federation, facilities, league, players, etc., etc.. Not saying these things aren't major issues in Iran, but some people make with what they have - CQ was just not one of them.

Comment

AW: Kafashian will meet CQ on Thursday to finalize the contract

Don't worry about us going medieval on your backside Bi-Honar jan, Qatar and UAE will do that in January with Team Melli, led by some bloody amateur. Cause that's the alternative.

Followed by months of wasted time, as IFF will search for some successor.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
            Don't worry about us going medieval on your backside Bi-Honar jan, Qatar and UAE will do that in January with Team Melli, led by some bloody amateur. Cause that's the alternative.

Followed by months of wasted time, as IFF will search for some successor.
            Let's keep hope alive Martin jaan. It's not like we've had an illustrious list of coaches leading us in the Asian Cup for the past 20 years. Even with Branko, we didn't fair any better than MK!

In fact, even with the worst vatani coaches (be it Talebi, GN or Ghotbi), the only thing that separated their performances from any other was a lucky goal here and there or an extra-time goal or penalties.

On that note, I don't think any of us were realistically expecting a blow-out performance from TM under CQ. Even if you or I coached TM, history would suggest that the end result would still be the same!

Comment

Kafashian will meet CQ on Thursday to finalize the contract

If only Enayati wasn't that good at this age and was retired, he would've been my obvious choice for TM coach... Just imagine all the possibilities with such a superstar mentoring our players

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post

IF we have to keep CQ in Iran to satisfy some people may be we should hire him as Kafashian replacement.

Comment

CQ spent also alot of time abroad during his as TM coach, this is unacceptable imo.

Now i know that what i said must upset the Khareji-parast Iranians who would worship anything foreign due to IR.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                    IF we have to keep CQ in Iran to satisfy some people may be we should hire him as Kafashian replacement.
                    ive always said that, CQ's strengths really shines in the area's of Overall Organization, and Comprehensive Planning ..!! heading IFF and development of our entire football infrastructure is his most ideal calling, but Senior TM would still need to hire an internationally qualified coaching candidate and we all know IR aint gonna be spending those sorts of figure for progress of our football..!

Comment

boro baba the time will come you will cry for him after u realize how much "an" an Iranian coach has produced! You can kiss the Asian Cup and World Cup 2018 good bye!
                      TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                        Please don't go medieval on my arse, but I don't understand why everyone is so pissed @ IFF.

Azizan, it's not like they didn't give the man an offer, they did and did it multiple times and they were all pretty damn good ones IMHO. Ultimately CQ didn't want to sign it over a few thousand bucks of late payment interest and a termination penalty which would have only applied if he failed at the Asian Cup. He didn't have high hopes for Iran in the WC and he wasn't going to have high hopes for the Asian Cup and most likely ever!

If failure at the Asian Cup was so high on CQ's agenda not to sign the contract because of it, we were obviously going to fail with him. So, if we're going to fail without him, the situation isn't really that much different, other than IFF being $2.5 million ahead which they can invest in a proper coach who believes in TM, after the Asian Cup - And that's IF we fail, 'cause I highly doubt any other coach vatani or not is going to be as pessimistic about TM as CQ was.

Thank you for your service and memories CQ and best of luck to you in your endeavors...
                        Exactly. Plus I believe an offer 150% more than what S. Africa offered him is no laughing matter. He commanded the dollars and he surprisingly was met on that by IFF. He just didn't have IMO enough faith to put his money where his mouth is, and ultimately I believe he had no faith in TM ability to perform at AC or any other level for that matter. I think CQ was looking long-term, maybe 2018 or beyond, while IFF wanted some more immediate results like this past WC or AC.

Either way, I thank him for his services, but we need to see what alternatives are available...and their are some great foreign coaches out there...PINTO in Costa Rica is looking for a new team, and reportedly S. Korea and some Arab nations are chasing after him...
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

^ Are you serious? You believe we get another foreigner? Laughing my ass off.

Comment

Re: Kafashian will meet CQ on Thursday to finalize the contract

Originally posted by Darloc View Post
                            CQ spent also alot of time abroad during his as TM coach, this is unacceptable imo.

Now i know that what i said must upset the Khareji-parast Iranians who would worship anything foreign due to IR.
                            Khareij parast Iranians? Dafuq are you talking about? We Iranians are so racist it goes beyond imagination. FYI, that Portugese guy called CQ cares more about Iran than the entire IFF says a lot about out our culture in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                              ^ Are you serious? You believe we get another foreigner? Laughing my ass off.
                              At a minimum it will be Branko...although I am hoping for even better than CQ. Obviously worst case is Faraki or QN...but I think a Balkan coach is very likely if all else fails.
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

let's not confuse a real offer with an offer just to pretend they're actually giving an offer. I actually don't blame kafashaian, because he is a nobody. The higher powers in the government have their reasons for not wanting CQ in Iran. CQ is a threat. Plain and simple, and they had no intention of signing him. All this BS about 85% to 88% and now to 99% is just hillarious
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X