This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money for the youth program? LOL

Our youth program is an absolute joke - all you need to do is look at our record in the U17 World Cup, U20 World Cup, and Olympics. In the case of the last two, we haven't even qualified in years. Aside from 2-3 appearances in the U17 World Cup, our youth teams have accomplished nothing at major events.

Also, it's so much easier to say that he wants to invest the money in our youth programs rather than in our senior squad. Youth investment is important but most people in Iran don't care about the youth - they only follow the senior side. This way, it's easier for them to steal the money that being invested in the youth since nobody will both paying attention and asking questions later.

This is opposed to the senior side where people will constantly be asking why we don't have the funds to pay our coach, set up camps, play good friendlies, etc.

Comment

This is why CQ has left, Watch..

Comment

Originally posted by Siavash View Post

Typical IR turd running his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Siavash View Post

He's right. It's embarrassing to celebrate after a loss. Imagine if the Argentina fans found out we did that. They would get a nice laugh out of it. Sad

Comment

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
            He's right. It's embarrassing to celebrate after a loss. Imagine if the Argentina fans found out we did that. They would get a nice laugh out of it. Sad
            I hope your being ironic. We played with Gheyrat! Without CQ we would of gone home with 0Points and -8 Goals!
            sigpic

Comment

biggggest Troll

Comment

Mark my words people, I have seen the latest interviews and the read the discussions, CQ will sign with IFF in one week,

No person in Iran today has the might to stop the wave of pro CQ supporters who will rip any detractors heart out if CQ doesnt become coach! No Mullah is brave enough to object the will of the masses!

Comment

He's right. It's embarrassing to celebrate after a loss.
                  Personally I was sad after the game because the way our boys played in the second half we deserved to win. Not even tie... WIN. We created more chances against Argentina in that 45 minutes than most other teams did even in 120 minutes.

And this Goodarzi character is talking out his ass. If we had played the exact same game with a "good Muslim coach", he wouldn't shut up for the rest of his life about our performance and he'd insist it meant much more than the result. The guy is a typical hezbol retard. Even when they pretend to be "patriotic" it just turns into small-minded tribalism and xenophobia.

Comment

Re: Kafashian will meet CQ on Thursday to finalize the contract

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                    biggggest Troll
                    What's funny is that the whole point of the clip is to show how two-faced Goudarzi is...lol

First he celebrated now he's making fun.
                    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Let's stop fooling ourselves. What has CQ really done for us in 4 years? 1 good half against Argentina? Qualification to the WC in an easy group (very lucky and close qualification) What does that do for us? The WC was basically a waste for our football. Look how many players ended up playing in Europe after the WC. If he leaves now he has left us with very little to no change. Our players are mostly old. We didn't have a generation change in TM. Our Youth programs are still the same (weak). We don't even play nice football. parking the bus is not very nice and will get us nowhere in the long run. He didn't even have a few Iranian assistants that might learn from him and become good coaches themselves.

I'm not saying all this is CQ's fault. A lot of it might be b/c of the IFF or just the state of our football. I don't see what throwing money at CQ is gonna do for us. We need to fix our infrastructure and domestic league first. Otherwise even if you bring Ferguson Capello and Mourinho, they're not gonna do anything.

We are asking to bring Michael Schumacher to drive a Paykan. It's a waste. The money should be invested elsewhere.

Most of you will probably disagree with me, but please refrain from personal attacks and name calling. Just give your opinion.

Comment

Let's stop fooling ourselves. What has CQ really done for us in 4 years? 1 good half against Argentina? Qualification to the WC in an easy group (very lucky and close qualification) What does that do for us? The WC was basically a waste for our football. Look how many players ended up playing in Europe after the WC. If he leaves now he has left us with very little to no change. Our players are mostly old. We didn't have a generation change in TM. Our Youth programs are still the same (weak). We don't even play nice football. parking the bus is not very nice and will get us nowhere in the long run. He didn't even have a few Iranian assistants that might learn from him and become good coaches themselves.

I'm not saying all this is CQ's fault. A lot of it might be b/c of the IFF or just the state of our football. I don't see what throwing money at CQ is gonna do for us. We need to fix our infrastructure and domestic league first. Otherwise even if you bring Ferguson Capello and Mourinho, they're not gonna do anything.

We are asking to bring Michael Schumacher to drive a Paykan. It's a waste. The money should be invested elsewhere.

Most of you will probably disagree with me, but please refrain from personal attacks and name calling. Just give your opinion.
                        Your own words and not mine.
                        "We need to fix our infrastructure and domestic league first. Otherwise even if you bring Ferguson Capello and Mourinho, they're not gonna do anything".
                        So you can't blame CQ if in your own opionion other big coaches cannot do any thing without a change of culture in our football. But I hope you realize that CQ has made contributions to our football including organization, great defense, team instead of individual (no bazikon salari) and most of all a level of professionalism that has been lacking in our football since Mohajerani's time.
                        Now if you want to measure CQ's success just with WC results, then you are being unfair. We could have and should have won the Argentine game and played that last game with 4 points and who knows what could have happened.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rezabmehr View Post
                          Your own words and not mine.
                          "We need to fix our infrastructure and domestic league first. Otherwise even if you bring Ferguson Capello and Mourinho, they're not gonna do anything".
                          So you can't blame CQ if in your own opionion other big coaches cannot do any thing without a change of culture in our football. But I hope you realize that CQ has made contributions to our football including organization, great defense, team instead of individual (no bazikon salari) and most of all a level of professionalism that has been lacking in our football since Mohajerani's time.
                          Now if you want to measure CQ's success just with WC results, then you are being unfair. We could have and should have won the Argentine game and played that last game with 4 points and who knows what could have happened.
                          I'm not saying that our state of football is CQ's fault. People here are making it seem like if CQ stays something magical is gonna happen in our football. For example, I think someone like Kranjcar can do a very good job with TM at maybe 1/10 of the salary. The rest of that money can be used to fix all our fields all over the country. It can be used for youth development and football schools. We need to invest our money in our infrastructure, not our Senior team head coach.

And in regard to your point about us beating Argentina b/c of a non-call PK, then by that logic we should have never even went to the World cup in the first place (Uzbekistan away game goal in qualifiers and missed PK call for Qatar in the away match). That is part of football. Besides, I don't think 1 match should decide if CQ's stay in Iran was a success or failure. You have to look at the overall picture.

Comment

Here is latest reported by Kafashian on today's 90 program.

Comment

I'm not saying that our state of football is CQ's fault. People here are making it seem like if CQ stays something magical is gonna happen in our football. For example, I think someone like Kranjcar can do a very good job with TM at maybe 1/10 of the salary. The rest of that money can be used to fix all our fields all over the country. It can be used for youth development and football schools. We need to invest our money in our infrastructure, not our Senior team head coach.

And in regard to your point about us beating Argentina b/c of a non-call PK, then by that logic we should have never even went to the World cup in the first place (Uzbekistan away game goal in qualifiers and missed PK call for Qatar in the away match). That is part of football. Besides, I don't think 1 match should decide if CQ's stay in Iran was a success or failure. You have to look at the overall picture.

The fact is he brought a sense of discipline and priority to our football. Rahmati brought the slightest hint of putting himself above the team, and he was cut. Aghili did the same, he was cut. The players realized that partibazi fartibazi dege nist! There is no mafia involved with him, and he makes his own decisions that he feels are best for the team. Nothing else involved.

2nd, he addressed the issue of poor fitness in our football players. Some of them ran 11km thanks to HIM in the WC, and nothing else! That was due to the preparation and conditioning camps that he organized.

A professional environment was somewhat instilled when he was in charge from a sense of organization in our OWN league and national team. This man is really trying to help our football grow and every penny they give to him is worth it.. I don't see how you think Faraki or Maraki will do any better.

Just look at his pedigree: Man United from coaching Real Madrid, Zidane, and other stars. His knowledge of football is unmatched in Iran. No one else can do the job better.

Comment

I think someone like Kranjcar can do a very good job with TM at maybe 1/10 of the salary. The rest of that money can be used to fix all our fields all over the country. It can be used for youth development and football schools. We need to invest our money in our infrastructure, not our Senior team head coach.
                                With IR, our choices aren't between hiring a good expensive coach orhiring a good expensive coach and spending little on infrastructure or hiring a crappy cheap coach and still spending little on infrastructure.

Kranjcar is better than most of our domestic coaches yet with our most "professional" team he keeps getting spanked out of the ACL group stage. At least this year wasn't as bad as 2013 where he lost home and away giving up 8 goals to Al-Ahli. He's managed just 1 point in 4 games against that team since last April.

Others already mentioned the positive effects of CQ's tenure in terms of instilling professionalism and a team-first mentality that is practically non-existent in our football, and I don't even think he's the only foreign coach who can bring those qualities. But I also know once he leaves, IR will either go after a Faraki type or at best a yes-man foreign coach who'll let IFF and the players run the show again while he collects his paycheck.

And not for nothing, but in all the years I've followed our football I don't remember a single time where the players cried in the locker room for the coach to stay like they did after our last world cup game. Even Karimi who is notoriously hard to get along with fell in love with the guy and still supported him after getting cut from the team.

And one last note about IR's problem with CQ's demands. It ain't about him asking for too much money. These guys had no problem with Daei's crazy contract from the same government budget just to run a club, even though he doesn't have a fraction of CQ's resume as a coach and failed to qualify us to the world cup. They're just used to coaches who put up with the corruption and unprofessionalism as long as the paychecks keep coming. They don't want CQ to have a say about things like camp sites mainly because they want their own people making money off those deals instead of him (and those people don't give a damn about the team's interests as long as their own end of the deal is good). At least with CQ choosing the sites we won't end up somewhere in rural Austria with no air conditioning in the middle of summer like we did right before he came along!

Comment

Working...
                                X