This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
    Show me the last Iranian national team that scored only one goal at the world cup?
    well, we could go on for ever ...... since I bet you couldn't name the last Iranian team in the WC, who had a chance to qualify to the 2nd round in the 3rd group stage game. The fact that you point to goals scored as proof of success leads me to believe you do understand the game at all. Some of the best Italian teams in history were great defensive teams. Goals scoring does not prove you are good. It only proves that you have goal scorers.

you see, in 1978, we got killed by holland, and peru ... and managed a tie against Scotland .... No one is proud to lose 3-0 to holland or 4-1 to Peru. Or, losing 3-1 to Mexico and 2-0 to Portugal, with an all star lineup of players in from the Bundesliga and Serie A. Yes, we beat the US, and that's the best result we had, but that team had Daei, Kia, azizi and Karimi, pashazadeh and not to mention Abedzadeh.

At the end of the day, CQ, took a group of 2nd league players and barely lost to Argentina and got a single point from Nigeria. Outside of Dejagah, not a single Iranian player on our roster could even get on the Argentinian bench. Even the Bosnian team from top-to-bottom had far better players than us. Our striker was a bench player in a 2nd league. As we all saw, not a single one of our players got any great offers, and there is a reason for it.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Why don't we just summaries the discussion and agree to disagree and move on. Anti-CQ camp believe there is a coach out there who can get something more out of our the crap that our football has produced since he has taken charge. Pro-CQ camp believes we have declined massively in football and CQ is doing a magnificent job keeping our football relevant to the top Asian level.

Done now lets move on.
      Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Show me the last Iranian national team that scored only one goal at the world cup?
        To be fair, we did not have sanctions in the 90's like we do now, we weren't in the middle of a warzone, and were a minute away from drawing Argentina. I can understand your frustration but CQ is not the problem with TM, there's plenty of other places to point fingers....

Comment

Sv: TM-News-

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
          To be fair, we did not have sanctions in the 90's like we do now, we weren't in the middle of a warzone, and were a minute away from drawing Argentina. I can understand your frustration but CQ is not the problem with TM, there's plenty of other places to point fingers....
          Baba, for the LOVE OF GOD, when did I say "CQ is the problem"?! I only questioned his choices when it comes to friendlies, and Iran's lack of them against national teams. End of story. I am fully aware that no Iranian coach could have qualified us for Brazil.

Comment

Baba, for the LOVE OF GOD, when did I say "CQ is the problem"?! I only questioned his choices when it comes to friendlies, and Iran's lack of them against national teams. End of story. I am fully aware that no Iranian coach could have qualified us for Brazil.
            My apologies, Abtin jan. I misunderstood.

Comment

There are 50 different points being discussed in this thread but for now I just want to address this idea that we should have gone for someone like Pinto following the World Cup.

Costa Rica undoubtedly had an excellent World Cup but a Cinderella story comes around every few tournaments. Bruno Metsu is another coach who took an underdog side (Senegal) and guided them to the Semi-Finals of the 2002 World Cup. He had no major noteworthy achievements beforehand and his major achievement after the 2002 World Cup run was winning the 2002-2003 AFC Champions League with Al Ain. When Metsu was a candidate for the Persepolis coaching job several years ago, there was a resounding no from the people on this forum who claimed that he wasn't qualified for such a role and that the 2002 World Cup run was his only success.

In contrast, Pinto is being hailed as some form of master coach. At 61, the man barely had any noteworthy achievements prior to the 2014 World Cup and I reckon that nobody here knew anything about him. Like Metsu, he took a side many expected to falter at the first hurdle and led them to the Quarter-Finals. However, what makes him desirable over Metsu is our own impulsive decision making. I'm not calling someone like Pinto a poor coach but had someone like been appointed as Team Melli coach in 2011, people would be fuming as to why we've brought in a unknown veteran coach. Even if we were to bring Pinto in today, if he was unable to deliver, there would be a fair few on this forum that would begin to use this very argument that he's not a historically successful coach to bring him down. Hell, if we had brought in Uli Stielike (S. Korea's current coach who was in Qatar up to now), people would be at the IFF's throat.

The Middle-East is not a socially attractive destination for many coaches used to working in Western Europe and as such, it normally takes highly lucrative deals to lure these coaches into the region. I'm not talking about Eastern European coaches but rather Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, and Spanish coaches.

Iranian football is currently in shambles. The league, infrastructure, youth systems, and management are poor for the most part. An offset Asian Cup Championship or Round of 16 appearance in the World Cup won't change the fact that other Asian nations are continuing to progress while we (at best) remain stagnant. With CQ, we have the opportunity to consult with someone who can help present long-term solutions (just look at the Q-Report as a reference). However, how much the Federation chooses to get out of CQ is up to them. We often want long-term success but don't realize that it takes a lot of hard work to get there. It should also be mentioned that setbacks will also exist in this process.

Running off and getting a South American coach for the sake of playing a certain brand of football favoured by some people won't do anything to help our football in the long term.

Comment

هر بازیکنی که شایسته باشد به تیم ملی دعوت می شود

آقاجانیان: درباره اردوی آفریقای جنوبی تابع نظر فدراسیونم/ امیدوارم مشکل حق پخش زودتر حل شود

خبرگزاری تسنیم: مربی تیم ملی فوتبال کشورمان گفت: تا آنجا که می دانم بیماری ابولا در آفریقای جنوبی شایع نشده ولی با این حال درباره برگزاری اردو تابع نظر فدراسیون خواهیم بود.

مارکار آقاجانیان در گفت وگو با خبرنگار ورزشی خبرگزاری تسنیم، در پاسخ به این سؤال که آیا اردوی آفریقای جنوبی با توجه به شیوع بیماری ابولا برگزار خواهد شد یا خیر، عنوان کرد: من درباره ابولا و شیوع این بیماری اطلاع چندانی ندارم و اگر مشکلی باشد فدراسیون فوتبال آن را اعلام خواهد کرد.

وی افزود: تا آنجایی که می دانم مشکلی در این خصوص نیست و ابولا در آفریقای جنوبی شایع نشده است ولی با این حال برای برگزاری اردو تابع نظر فدراسیون خواهیم بود.
                مربی تیم ملی فوتبال کشورمان درباره دعوت بازیکنان به اردوی تیم ملی نیز، گفت:

هر بازیکنی که شایسته باشد به اردوی تیم ملی فراخوانده می شود.

وی افزود: اردوی تیم ملی 18 آبان شروع می شود و بازیکنان شایسته به تیم ملی دعوت خواهند شد.
                آقاجانیان تصریح کرد: کارلوس کی روش قرار است پس از اجلاسی که در مالزی برگزار می شود، وارد ایران شود.

دستیار کارلوس کی روش در تیم ملی در خصوص موضوع حق پخش تلویزیونی هم خاطرنشان کرد:

باشگاه ها همگی مشکل مالی دارند؛ در این بین موضوع حق پخش خیلی مهم است و با عملی شدن این موضوع، هم به فدراسیون و هم به باشگاه ها کمک زیادی خواهد شد؛ امیدوارم این مشکل هر چه زودتر حل شود.

Comment

گالوپ: ایران پیشنهاد بازی دوستانه با استرالیا را نپذیرفت

خبرگزاری تسنیم: مدیر اجرایی اتحادیه فوتبال استرالیا تأکید کرد فدراسیون فوتبال ایران پیشنهاد بازی با شاگردان پوستچ اوغلو را رد کرده است.

Socceroos want first dibs on new stadium

Shayne HopeNovember 1, 2014, 9:48 am

تیم ملی استرالیا خیلی وقت است که در شهر پرث بازی نکرده برای همین به فکر انجام بازی در اینجا هستیم.
                  در ماه نوامبر می توانستیم در ورزشگاه پرث یک بازی دوستانه با تیم ملی ایران برگزار کنیم ولی آنها در آخرین لحظه پیشنهاد ما برای انجام این بازی را رد کردند. اطمینان دارم می توانیم در آینده ای نزدیک با رقیبی خوب در پرث بازی کنیم.

Gallop said FFA had been close to finalising a friendly match against Iran in Perth before their Asian rivals pulled out of the deal.
                  "The Socceroos have not been to Perth for a long time and we need to rectify that," Gallop said.
                  "We probably would've been here in November if the matches against Iran had gone ahead, but that hit a last-minute hiccup."

Comment

This is getting ridiculous... How many countries did we reject to play since 2011?

Comment

Originally posted by ZandiJoon View Post
                      This is getting ridiculous... How many countries did we reject to play since 2011?
                      No doubt that we have a idiot federation (Note that I am not fan of CQ if you followed my comments before) but I remember the offer for friendly against Australia. I remember their offer was not at good time and it would have conflicted with our friendly against Korea. Because of very friendly relationship with Korea federation, IFF decided to go with Korea especially Koreans offered the friendly match earlier than Australia. These were what I read in newspaper and news agencies at that time.

Comment

The question is WHO rejected the Aussies' offer. Was it the IFF or the coach?

The next question is WHY. Did it coincide with one of our numerous mouth watering top class friendlies? Or is it because of ... umm ... other issues?

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                          well, we could go on for ever ...... since I bet you couldn't name the last Iranian team in the WC, who had a chance to qualify to the 2nd round in the 3rd group stage game.
                          Talebi's team in France 98

.... if only he hadn't lost his guts or was not in awe of the NAME of Germany!!!

Basically I don't respect anyone who shows lack of courage. Especially when they are presented with those rare, once in a lifetime opportunities to spring a surprise and get into history books. Pretty much describes our third game in '14 too.

Comment

I wonder why the Australia story is back on the news again (must be slow news day in Iran). It was widely reported (before CQ signed anyways) that Australia wanted a game during the same time that we were playing Korea and hence IFF went with Korea. Korea and Australia are basically the same level.

Why are they rehashing this again? how would it possible fro TM to travel all the way to Perth for this friendly and still make it back for Korea game?
                            Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

News about TM camp in Australia before AC start

* TM will travel to AUS on 1 January 10 days before AC officially starts
                              * Initially IFF was negotiating with Macquarie Uni in Sydney to use their facilities for the camp but it seems like Koreans made them a better offer and they went with Korea
                              * IFF is now negotiation with two other camps in North Sydney which they claim has better facilities than Macquarie they will need to pick one quickly
                              * All the claims about TM camp being in other cities is false because CQ wants to be in Sydney as most of other counties are having camps in Sydney which will make it easier to organize friendlies
                              * The Macquarie Uni camp was out of city and far from the hotels so it could have been problematic for TM to stay there to begin with. IFF is looking at the Australian NT camp or a government owned camp both closer to the city. Australian NT camp has better facilities and also accommodation but the government one does not have accommodation
                              * IFF doesn't want to stay in the camp's accommodation and is looking for a 5 start hotel for TM to stay in
                              * CQ need to make the final choice between the two options
                              Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

کمیته پزشکی و تیم ملی در کنار هم هستند نه مقابل هم
                                هاشمیان: هنوز در مورد لغو اردوی آفریقای جنوبی نامه ای به دست ما نرسیده است
                                رئیس کمیته پزشکی فدراسیون فوتبال گفت: هنوز در مورد لغو اردوی تیم ملی در آفریقای جنوبی نامه ای برای کمیته پزشکی نیامده است.

Comment

Working...
                                X