TM-News- - Page 67

Closed Thread
Page 67 of 903 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167567 ... LastLast

Thread: TM-News-

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,102 Times in 4,965 Posts
    ^Tbh, it seems like IFF do their own (funding and approval), and CQ does his own. I don't really think there's any interaction between the two parts..

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,714 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abtin View Post
    ^Tbh, it seems like IFF do their own (funding and approval), and CQ does his own. I don't really think there's any interaction between the two parts..
    Well then this is a problem...because IFF books Chile, CQ cancels the friendly...CQ plans a camp and IFF vetoes it...this is mismanagement and poor organization at its best!
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,976 Times in 3,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Lord...someone help me understand this one? So we will play Sweden after AC and approximately 3 years before WC? I dunno, am I the only one who doesn't get TM preparation? Wouldn't it make sense to work on fitness and technical stuff when major tournaments are over or far away and play decent friendlies a year in advance to buildup your squad and make final cuts? What will this Sweden friendly do for us? I guess maybe, prepare us for WC qualification against the junior squads of Asia?

I just don't get IFF, I don't get the preparation and planning? I am happy we are playing Sweden...but the timing is awful!
    Rebuilding a new team after AC to prepare the World cup.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,106 Times in 3,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarash View Post
    Zlatan retired a while ago from Sweden NT
    lol baba chi migi minjor injury he said he won't retire from the team until he is done with football (at least 2 more years)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Rebuilding a new team after AC to prepare the World cup.
    Couldn't we do that with a tournament like WAFF? Do you feel 1 game against Sweden or a few sporadic friendlies is enough to rebuild a team? That's what I like to see TM do, use tournaments like WAFF to rebuild, test youngsters or B squads...and save big name friendlies for the A squad to get match ready. But I guess as some people on this forum would say, "we are not Brazil..."

Asian Cup Prediction League Winner
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,670 Times in 961 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Couldn't we do that with a tournament like WAFF? Do you feel 1 game against Sweden or a few sporadic friendlies is enough to rebuild a team? That's what I like to see TM do, use tournaments like WAFF to rebuild, test youngsters or B squads...and save big name friendlies for the A squad to get match ready. But I guess as some people on this forum would say, "we are not Brazil..."
    youre right we should do exactly what we did for 2014 and wait until a month left to the world cup to start preparations. That way we can guarantee the same success.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ali alipour For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputation

Thanks
    already gathered over 100 people that are ready to travel from Gothenburg !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ali alipour View Post
    youre right we should do exactly what we did for 2014 and wait until a month left to the world cup to start preparations. That way we can guarantee the same success.
    No I am not saying that...actually furthest thing from it. We are now doing exactly what we did for 2014. Play club teams before a major tournament (AC)...then play big name European countries well in advance of the WC...just like when we played Russia and Brazil. By the time 2014 rolled around the squad was completely revamped.

If you have been following my posts, you will see that I have been lamenting the poor planning, mismanagement, and terrible organization. I am saying we need to train and spend time on fitness during "off seasons" so to speak, and use tournaments like WAFF and other meaningless events to "test" new players and so forth. I believe we should line up decent friendlies 2 years prior to WC 2018 and have them regularly...at least once every 3-5 months if not more! We should not waste our opportunities with big names, and then try to rush a series of friendlies within 3-4 months...I am not happy with just being a spectator and 3 pts for other teams in the WC...but I see no change in IFF philosophy at the moment...to be fair, I am not seeing much from CQ that has me convinced he has a goal beyond just making it to the WC at present either!

Quote Originally Posted by Zamboor View Post
    already gathered over 100 people that are ready to travel from Gothenburg !
    Will you be covering return expenses as well should the match be canceled by IFF?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O-ZoNe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputation

Thanks
    Screw return expenses if they don't show up we will go and burn the freaking embassy.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zamboor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboor View Post
    Screw return expenses if they don't show up we will go and burn the freaking embassy.
    So then I guess Kabob is on the menu for all fans if they don't show up! I know the feeling though, when Perspolis came to play the Toronto Lynx, I made my parents drive my friends and I 8 hours to watch that match...nothing like seeing a bunch of Perspolisi stars who had overeaten and over-partied the night before, lose to an amateur club 2-0 lol...oh the memories

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O-ZoNe For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.