TM-News- - Page 566

Closed Thread
Page 566 of 903 FirstFirst ... 66466516556564565566567568576616666 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 9024

Thread: TM-News-

  1. #5651
    Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Tus
    Posts
    7,035
    Thanks
    3,547
    Thanked 3,563 Times in 2,109 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    S.Korea vs Jamaica highlights.


  2. #5652
    PFDC Valedictorian
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 700 Posts
    Rep Power
    19984196
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Amiri best player today, IPL

    Torabi, IPL

    Ghafouri, IPL

    I'm tired of people bashing IPL. we have one of the most talented leagues in the world.

    I can now say that I have heard it all..

    this really made my day.
    thanks for the laughter.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NFL For This Useful Post:


  4. #5653
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tehran
    Posts
    4,921
    Thanks
    4,075
    Thanked 6,548 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Rep Power
    4309539
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL View Post
    I can now say that I have heard it all..

    this really made my day.
    thanks for the laughter.
    cute. if you deny the fact that we have plenty of raw talent in our league then you don't know much about Iranian football.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheBoss For This Useful Post:


  6. #5654
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Z Joon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    8,564
    Thanks
    10,015
    Thanked 14,019 Times in 4,623 Posts
    Rep Power
    6110663
    Player Interviews after Iran - Japan





  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Z Joon For This Useful Post:


  8. #5655
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,844
    Thanks
    608
    Thanked 2,456 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Rep Power
    7629889
    Quote Originally Posted by K. Nader View Post
    Also, to build on what ramingeles2000 is saying, there's a completely divisive mindset between those who live in Iran and those who don't (vast majority of members on these boards). Enough time has passed since the revolution that a good number of Iranians have been born and grown up in foreign countries (unlike some of the older members that were in Iran until their teenage years/early adulthood.

    When working in Iran, there are always people out to pull the rug from under your feet. This is even worse when you're someone that wants to introduce change to the status quo, let alone being a regular, honest, and hardworking individual. It's easy for members here to point the finger at CQ because many have not had the burden of having to work while extortionists, thieves, and liars are in the shadows. When a member like rugs comes and asks members if they've lived and worked in Iran, he has every right to do so because the answer is normally indicative of why they think the way they do.

    Through the time I've spent in Iran, the overwhelming consensus was that people are extremely satisfied with CQ, both as a coach and as an individual. In contrast to these forums, the Iranians in Iran point the finger and blame at the political figures who stand in the way of progress. CQ is not just a coach, he's a figure of empowerment. As rugs mentioned before, one of the big non-football reasons he's loved is become he tells the truth and exposes the filthy acts of the regime figures involved in football. Obviously, when you're not living in Iran, these words don't resonate as highly with you because you can't relate.

    It's easy for members of these boards to always demand for more. They complain about empty stadiums but neglect the atrocious Tehran traffic and the fact that people have to work just to make ends-meet. While Iranians in Iran are breaking their backs to live within the minimum standards, PFDC members are scouring for how they can spend another $100 to buy their 10th Team Melli jersey.
    Question for you, and I am just asking this for the sake of a the conversation, ever consider maybe the general public in Iran are being deceived? People who live out of Iran probably see things at a different view point than someone who is in Iran. I understand the hardship everyday Iranians go through, and the hustle required to make ends meet to just feed themselves and their family, but maybe the same people are being fooled by CQ's constant negativity. People are already so used to the painful state of their living conditions, that hearing the swan song CQ sings seems like the norm to them and they just go with it. For example, CQ complains about not having enough friendlies, or not having quality friendlies, but to me, someone who does not live in Iran, friendly matches against Chile, Sweden and Japan actually seem adequate and should be commended since IFF probably had to pull some strings to make them happen. I've been saying the same thing over and over, and sound like a broken record, but I will repeat myself again, we have the potential and have the resources to be good at football just need to utilize what we have properly.

  9. #5656
    Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 166 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    cute. if you deny the fact that we have plenty of raw talent in our league then you don't know much about Iranian football.
    I definitely agree with you. If IPL could spend the money for infrastructure and facilities, We would have one of the best leagues.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to persian_cheetah For This Useful Post:


  11. #5657
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    ramingeles2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,892
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 537 Posts
    Rep Power
    8511158
    Quote Originally Posted by mahestan View Post
    The wall of text you put up is a bit too much for me to go through and pin point its flaws but a few notes that stood out:

    In every modern civilized country, people have the right to know how much a public servant gets paid. I pay taxes, I want to know how my tax dollars are being spent. In the US, things such as professor's salary, police officer and firefighters salaries are public knowledge. I don't see any problem with people in Iran asking how much CQ is getting paid, it is their money being spent on a NATIONAL TEAM coach. Yes it is poolehshoon.

    Furthermore, you mention for the first time in history are players are trying to make it to Europe? We've had Iranian players playing in European leagues before.

    We don't lack talent, we aren't utilizing what we have at are disposal correctly. You make it sound like CQ is god's gift to Earth. He is grumpy, stubborn and negative. That's what I get from him every single time he speaks to someone from the media. Is he a good coach? I don't know, I have never worked with him. He seems to be doing a decent job.
    My friend. Of COURSE we lack talent right now. Don't buy into all the BS about European clubs being biased against Iranian players because of the political climate blah blah. Club teams are wolves, they'll take ANY player that can help them. European club teams have the most sophisticated and thorough scouting of any sport in the world, and they're fully aware of Iran and Iranian players. If politics or "bias" were an issue, then how the hell did Ali Karimi and Hashemian go to Bayern while Ahmadinejad was president and embarrassing Iranians on tv 24/7?

    The Bundesliga, EPL, La Liga, and Italy all are fully aware of Iranian players and the Iranian talent pool. There have been at least 7 Iranian players in the Bundesliga, and at least 2 in the other leagues just in the last 10 years. Therefore to me, the true mark of a national team's talent is how many players they have playing in top European clubs because these clubs are the world's preeminent experts on talent recognition. If Iran had true talent, we would have players in these leagues just like we did in 2006, when we had 8 legionnaires.

    Instead, look at our current condition:

    1- it is now easier than EVER for Iranian players to get recognized and go abroad (due to A - advances in scouting driven by the internet and B - the recognition of Iranian players compared to the past thanks to trailblazers like Daei, Hashemian, Mahdavikia and thanks to CQ)

    2 - we have a coach in place who highly encourages players to leave Iran (evidence: for the first time in history we have players who would have never left Iran going to ANY european club that will take them - Greece, Juliper League, Russia, 2nd division England, etc when they can ALL make more $ staying in Iran)

    3 - and yet we have NO PLAYERS in the top 4 leagues and our 3 best prospects - Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, and Ezatollahi - aren't even regular starters or contributors for their clubs. Our best prospect, Jahanbakhsh, hasn't even proven that he can start at Alkmaar.

    And please, do NOT buy into this BS about the IPL being "full of talents". Says WHO? Who is a better assessor of Iranian talent? people on the PFDC boards or European scouts and agents, who do this for a living? Put another way, if there's so much talent, why can't ANY Iranian club go far in AFC club competition?

    Under the CQ regime, every IPL player knows that they have to go to Europe if possible to have a chance at becoming a regular feature of a CQ team. Everyone wants to go to Europe. But very few do because no European teams will take them!

    Look at Ansarifard...the best striker in IPL is a bench warmer in the GREEK LEAGUE who's scored 1 goal in like 20 matches. And this was one of the IPL's best exports! Look at Hajsafi, who was probably the best player in IPL the last few years....he's just barely cracking the starting lineup in a mid-table Bundesliga team. Pouraliganji, a starter on Iran's national team, plays in CHINA. Very simply put, we have VERY bad talent right now. It happens to every national team outside the top 20....it's an ebb and flow.

    Now I'm not trying to bash on IPL players. obviously all our european legends started in the IPL. but what's clear is that this is the easiest its EVER been to go to europe, and european teams, the only people who REALLY know the talent of our IPL players, don't deem them worthy of selection. We have a bright future with Ezatollahi, Jahanbakhsh, and Azmoun playing in Europe (thanks to CQ in part, btw, who personally assisted each of these players in their transition to Europe) but the truth is that if you look at history, we are currently in the middle of a drought.

    Also - as to your point about CQ's salary. First, do you even live in Iran, to care about how $3M a year gets spent? Even if CQ isn't worth $3M due to lack of technical ability as a coach, isn't it worth $3M a year to have a charismatic, respected figure in charge who brings international recognition and legitimacy to our TM program? isn't Ashkan Dejagah, our current best player, who without CQ wouldn't have come to TM, worth the $3M a year? Given what this criminal regime spends, steals and wastes on god knows what, shouldn't we be glad $3M a year goes to our football program, to a man who has brought real prestige to our program?

    CQ isn't God's gift to earth, but I challenge anyone to dispute the fact that he's the best coach we've ever had and that he's overachieving given our lack of talent and the difficulties of working in Iran with the sanctions etc.

    Now, we have a bunch of haters reacting to CQ's "bad akhlaghi" with the Iranian press. Who cares if CQ is a jerk to the snake Iranian press? He's tired. Also, people keep getting insulted and complaining that CQ is "making excuses" when CQ keeps pointing out how far behind iranian football is, that we're missing players due to military issues, etc etc....umm...how clueless are you? A coach who is afraid for his job makes excuses. A coach who feels he needs to protect his job makes excuses. CQ is not in fear of his job or his reputation. He's the most popular coach Iran has ever had and trust me, if the akhoonds could get rid of him, they would.

    What these haters don't realize is the real reason CQ constantly uses (1) populism and (2) points out Iran's shortcomings: because he knows it's the best way to get things done in Iran! Look at what his constant complaining has gotten us: better training pitches, an expanded budget for training staff, and friendlies with Guinea, Sweden, Chile, and Japan. I dare anyone here to point out a better set of friendlies in TM history in a 12 month span. These friendlies are a direct result of CQ's constant complaining.

    Please, please, please take a broad perspective, stand back and recognize that one day we will miss this man so much and regret our criticism. We need to support him 110% during this sensitive transition so that he can forge our new squad and take us into the WC2018 qualifiers with a confident, battle-tested batch of youngsters.

    We Iranians are truly insane sometimes!

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramingeles2000 For This Useful Post:


  13. #5658
    Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,154
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 1,222 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    CQ is not perfect and has made mistakes in some areas but all together he is the best coach TM has ever had and we must be more appreciative as we are right now

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sarbaz For This Useful Post:


  15. #5659
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Damavand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,427
    Thanks
    1,749
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 853 Posts
    Rep Power
    5362246
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessos View Post
    I've got some interesting news regarding the 2018 WCQ play-offs.

    AFC 5th place will be facing CONCACAF 4th place

    CONMEBOL 5th place will be facing OFC 1st place


    Now let's see who are most likely going to be in these spots:

    OFC .......... New Zealand

    CONMEBOL .......... Uruguay or Ecuador

    CONCACAF ........... Honduras


    Of course we are expected to qualify directly, but if shit gets real, and we have to do play-offs, it will be against one of these: Honduras, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago or Canada.

    No WC for New Zealand again.

  16. #5660
    PFDC Asset
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Camran khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,682
    Thanks
    5,067
    Thanked 11,174 Times in 4,966 Posts
    Rep Power
    35119185
    Quote Originally Posted by K. Nader View Post
    Every time I think of Haghighi, I'm reminded of the story where during a Persepolis lunch session, he started making a scene because the player in front of him took the last of the salad olivieh. Karimi then went over to Haghighi and slapped him for being an idiot over the issue. LOL




    He seems to have matured though, people keep saying 'arrogance', 'attitude' etc, imo he seems like a very down to earth and chill person, compared to before, when he played in Perspolis.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 102.03 Kb. compressed to 92.74 Kb. by saving 9.29 Kb. (9.10%)]