• Show
Clear All

Video of the above interview:
    http://video.varzesh3.com/video-clip...5%D9%84%DB%8C/
    sigpic

Comment

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=187087

Iran to most likely play Kenya on Nov 14
      Makes sense because Kenya is already out of the african cup of nations qualifying
      If they were to bring their full squad then would be a pretty decent friendly. If they bring their B team or domestic team then they are probably no better then Syria or Yemen

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post

Not bad..

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post

Makes sense because Kenya is already out of the african cup of nations qualifying
          If they were to bring their full squad then would be a pretty decent friendly. If they bring their B team or domestic team then they are probably no better then Syria or Yemen
          Any team that didn't even make it to the group stage of the Africa Cup of Nations qualifying is not even worth wasting time on IMHO. I just don't understand the point of playing a team that's ranked the same as or lower than the worst team in our group, let alone 3 of them (Palestine, Zimbabwe AND Kenya)!!!

I'm starting to think that CQ actually believes Iran is at the same level as Afghanistan, India or Maldives to be needing this many friendly games against teams ranked in the 3 digits!!!

Comment

http://www.tasnimnews.com/English/Home/Single/543356

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
              Any team that didn't even make it to the group stage of the Africa Cup of Nations qualifying is not even worth wasting time on IMHO. I just don't understand the point of playing a team that's ranked the same as or lower than the worst team in our group, let alone 3 of them (Palestine, Zimbabwe AND Kenya)!!!

I'm starting to think that CQ actually believes Iran is at the same level as Afghanistan, India or Maldives to be needing this many friendly games against teams ranked in the 3 digits!!!
              1. CQ already denied the Zimbabwe match.

2. With your logic, it's not worth it to play Nigeria, guinea (who beat us in Tehran), Angola, Egypt, and Ivory Coast as they are all currently not qualifying for the tournament, lol. Africa is not Asia, it is a FAR stronger footballing continent with 10-15 respectable teams where Asia may have 4-5.

3. The fact that you're comparing amateur teams like Afghanistan and Maldives to a team like Kenya who has several very respectable players like the wanyama brothers and and Dennis oliech shows again you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

The anti CQ camp just continues to criticize in any way, shape or form without knowing what they are complaining about lol.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I love CQ but his choice of friendliest truly baffles me
                Kenya sux ok IFF could and should do better than that

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post

Where and when?

2. With your logic, it's not worth it to play Nigeria, guinea (who beat us in Tehran), Angola, Egypt, and Ivory Coast as they are all currently not qualifying for the tournament, lol. Africa is not Asia, it is a FAR stronger footballing continent with 10-15 respectable teams where Asia may have 4-5. ]
                  Na azeez. First, all the teams you mentioned DID qualify for and are in fact currently involved in the group stage of qualifying (underlined for a 2nd time, so you don't miss it again) for the Africa Cup of Nations. 2nd, none of those teams are ranked at the same levels as, below or even close to Bahrain, are they?!

3. The fact that you're comparing amateur teams like Afghanistan and Maldives to a team like Kenya who has several very respectable players like the wanyama brothers and and Dennis oliech shows again you don't seem to know what you're talking about.
                  Football is not an individual sport . It doesn't matter if you had an imaginary team consisting of the world's historical best 11 players in it. If they can't gel together or play like crap as a team to the point of losing to or struggling to beat teams like Comoros, Burundi and Lesotho (countries most people have not even heard of) and being ranked in the 3 digits because of it, then that's as good a team as they are. It doesn't really matter if god and his 10 siblings are playing for them!

The anti CQ camp just continues to criticize in any way, shape or form without knowing what they are complaining about lol.
                  I'm not anti-CQ, I'm anti stupidity. If CQ makes stupid choices, then I'm against those stupid choices. If he makes smart choices, then I`m all for it.

Comment

Where and when?

2. With your logic, it's not worth it to play Nigeria, guinea (who beat us in Tehran), Angola, Egypt, and Ivory Coast as they are all currently not qualifying for the tournament, lol. Africa is not Asia, it is a FAR stronger footballing continent with 10-15 respectable teams where Asia may have 4-5. ]
                    Na azeez. First, all the teams you mentioned DID qualify for and are in fact currently involved in the group stage of qualifying (underlined for a 2nd time, so you don't miss it again) for the Africa Cup of Nations. 2nd, none of those teams are ranked at the same levels as, below or even close to Bahrain, are they?!

Football is not an individual sport . It doesn't matter if you had an imaginary team consisting of the world's historical best 11 players in it. If they can't gel together or play like crap as a team to the point of losing to or struggling to beat teams like Comoros, Burundi and Lesotho (countries most people have not even heard of) and being ranked in the 3 digits because of it, then that's as good as they are as a team. It doesn't really matter if god and his twin brothers are playing for them!

I'm not anti-CQ, I'm anti stupidity. If CQ makes stupid choices, then I'm against those stupid choices.
                    Haji, don't waste your time. These "Pro-CQ" camp is so blind to any educated criticism that all logic is lost. If you say Bless you to CQ after he sneezes, they will find a way to make it a personal attack. CQ = Foreign Coach = Automatic blind devotion. Any good coach must hold his game plan, tactics, and results accountable foreign or domestic. For some reason and perhaps the first time in our footballing history, CQ has been exempted from this.
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Where and when?

Football is not an individual sport . It doesn't matter if you had an imaginary team consisting of the world's historical best 11 players in it. If they can't gel together or play like crap as a team to the point of losing to or struggling to beat teams like Comoros, Burundi and Lesotho (countries most people have not even heard of) and being ranked in the 3 digits because of it, then that's as good a team as they are. It doesn't really matter if god and his 10 siblings are playing for them!

I'm not anti-CQ, I'm anti stupidity. If CQ makes stupid choices, then I'm against those stupid choices. If he makes smart choices, then I`m all for it.
                      1. http://farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13930804000440

2. They are not eliminated YET but are all on the brink of elimination or at risk of being eliminated. My apologies for not clearly understanding what you meant as it seems you were referring to the preliminary round. Also I don't understand or know when FIFA rankings became an accurate measurement of teams capabilities....if that would be the case then Trinidad and Tobago and also Cape Verde.

3. Couldn't agree with you more, but have you seen Kenya play? If so, then it's just a difference of opinion and you definitely have every right to have your own opinion. Personally I have watched them play over the last 5-6 years here and there in qualifiers and they have given some big teams in their continent great games, I don't think losing to other minnows narrowly once or twice makes them a team worthy of nothing.

I don't think CQ has more choices then what is at hand and that's where the criticism gets stupid IMO. It is the job of the federation to get friendlies, not the head coach. We have to prepare what we are heading for and a team like Kenya will prepare us for teams in our group.

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                      Haji, don't waste your time. These "Pro-CQ" camp is so blind to any educated criticism that all logic is lost. If you say Bless you to CQ after he sneezes, they will find a way to make it a personal attack. CQ = Foreign Coach = Automatic blind devotion. Any good coach must hold his game plan, tactics, and results accountable foreign or domestic. For some reason and perhaps the first time in our footballing history, CQ has been exempted from this.
                      Lol please don't give me a label of something I'm clearly not, I was very critical of CQ when he deserved ciriticsm and gave him his praise when it was due. I'm as neutral as anyone here on PFDC has been and I'm pretty sure most ppl here who know me can attest to that. Please don't mix me up with the wrong crowd just because I'm defending him here....and where was my personal attack lol?
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Instead of criticizing the friendly decision just based on the name of the country, some of you could take a quick look at wikipedia and see that their full strength squad would be much better than any of our group opponents. I remember when the guinea friendly was announced the same criticizing was done and they came out and beat Iran in Azadi. Even if Kenya doesnt bring their best team it is still a good friendly to test out new players and warm up for korea.

Comment

We seriously need to put a stop to this stupid argument about "anti CQ" And "pro CQ" there is no such thing! the people that love CQ on this forum also criticize him and vise versa to the people that dont agree with the friendlies and camps that have been set up. no need to label members!

Comment

Typical pro-CQ comment.....

haha ;D joking
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post

Lol please don't give me a label of something I'm clearly not, I was very critical of CQ when he deserved ciriticsm and gave him his praise when it was due. I'm as neutral as anyone here on PFDC has been and I'm pretty sure most ppl here who know me can attest to that. Please don't mix me up with the wrong crowd just because I'm defending him here....and where was my personal attack lol?
                              You must have been feeling a need to defend yourself against a post which never once mentioned you by name personally. Anyways, the so called supporters of CQ have been for a long time trying to point out who the anti-CQ camp is. I have been labelled as such, although I have maintained CQ is the best option for TM at the moment. Even so, if we do not get a top for in Asia his job should not be safe. Others refuse to question why we are playing Sweden in 2015 after AC and are trying to line up against weaker than Asian sides prior to AC...these types of things make no sense to me and many others, and if we are willing to voice it, does it mean we hate CQ, of course not, but people are quick to point and shoot.
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

On the actual topic of friendlies and not allegiances to CQ, I must ask those wanting us to play Sweden and other European good teams before the AC 2015, in what ways do you think such games will help us at the moment?

I know we all want to see quality friendlies, but being realistic with yourselves, what do you all think would happen if we play Sweden tomorrow? We are unprepared, our players do not have any chemistry together after being away from each other for months, and you want them to defend against Zlatan Ibrahimovic?

The entire game would be a replay of Brazil, with us having 9-10 men in the box at all times attempting to defend and save face to not have Zlatan score 5 on us.

I will not say either side of the argument on friendlies is wrong, but these are just questions that pop into my head. I am not attacking anyone personally or categorizing them in any way.

My personal opinion is that, for now, we are doing the right thing to play teams that are as weak or a little weaker than our competition at the group stage of AC 2015. We need to get used to teams that play compact defenses and are gritty, raw players. We need to learn and have chemistry in attack heading into the AC.

Realistically, do any of you think our offense would gain anything from playing Sweden? We are lacking in playmaking and goalscoring, not defense. Let's get those up to snuff, then maybe we can play Sweden and other better teams after the AC when our cohesion and confidence is higher if we have a good tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X