This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    As if professional players/agents (specially young players) don't do mistakes in their career choice. For example, armchair football coaches said Dejagah leaving Fulham for Qatar was a mistake. Dejagah said it was a good choice. Who is right?
    Dejagah, 100%. It's his life and career, why do you feel that you have any say in what another person does in their career. A stranger at that. I am speaking to you right now, and if you wanted to change your job for much more money to be secure in your livelihood (especially if your career would likely only last a few more years), then would I have any right to tell you not to take it?
    Just because they are footballers and we are fans does not give us the right to tell them their choices are wrong.

If you are offered a job for 10 times more money that you make today and you will only be able to work for 5 more years, would I be right to tell you not to take it because I have a personal problem with your choice?

No, I wouldn't have that right, it's your life. If you don't see how me doing that to you is no different than you doing that to Dejagah, then I'd like to hear how it is different. It's really not, we are just armchair Mourinhos who think our opinions are worth a damn to these players careers and livelihoods. These guys need to do what is best for them. They are human. I'm sure Dejagah could train with Real Madrid for free for the next 4 years. Would you want him to do that? How would the guy take care of his family? Football is a job first for these guys. They need to do what is best for them and their families, as do you and I.

We don't like Qatar? Tough titties. When the Qatar move truly destroys his form, he will be dropped from TM, but it hasn't. He's not as consistent, but he's still an integral part of the team. So, no, the move was not a mistake for Ashkan Dejagah. For him, he is a millionaire and still helping TM.

EDIT: When it comes to younger players who have a long career ahead of them, they do not have the same excuse as Dejagah. Players who are nearing the end of their footballing career need to make as much money as possible. Young players have less incentive to chase money at a young age, but if they do, again, who are we to judge. I doubt CQ would continue to rely on players who go to Persian Gulf leagues at young ages, so what does it matter? If Azmoun tomorrow went to Al Arabi, I wouldn't say he is wrong. He made a decision that is right for him. May not be our intended outcome, but it's his career. If he's still performing for TM like Dejagah, great, if not, then we move on to another player. That is the sport and business of football. Can't blame these players for their choices. They are working, it's a job. Let them make their decisions in peace, as I'm sure you wouldn't want to be heckled for your career choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
      Dejagah, 100%. It's his life and career, why do you feel that you have any say in what another person does in their career. A stranger at that. I am speaking to you right now, and if you wanted to change your job for much more money to be secure in your livelihood (especially if your career would likely only last a few more years), then would I have any right to tell you not to take it?
      Just because they are footballers and we are fans does not give us the right to tell them their choices are wrong.
      If you are offered a job for 10 times more money that you make today and you will only be able to work for 5 more years, would I be right to tell you not to take it because I have a personal problem with your choice?
      No, I wouldn't have that right, it's your life. If you don't see how me doing that to you is no different than you doing that to Dejagah, then I'd like to hear how it is different. It's really not, we are just armchair Mourinhos who think our opinions are worth a damn to these players careers and livelihoods. These guys need to do what is best for them. They are human. I'm sure Dejagah could train with Real Madrid for free for the next 4 years. Would you want him to do that? How would the guy take care of his family? Football is a job first for these guys. They need to do what is best for them and their families, as do you and I.
      We don't like Qatar? Tough titties. When the Qatar move truly destroys his form, he will be dropped from TM, but it hasn't. He's not as consistent, but he's still an integral part of the team. So, no, the move was not a mistake for Ashkan Dejagah. For him, he is a millionaire and still helping TM.
      EDIT: When it comes to younger players who have a long career ahead of them, they do not have the same excuse as Dejagah. Players who are nearing the end of their footballing career need to make as much money as possible. Young players have less incentive to chase money at a young age, but if they do, again, who are we to judge. I doubt CQ would continue to rely on players who go to Persian Gulf leagues at young ages, so what does it matter? If Azmoun tomorrow went to Al Arabi, I wouldn't say he is wrong. He made a decision that is right for him. May not be our intended outcome, but it's his career. If he's still performing for TM like Dejagah, great, if not, then we move on to another player. That is the sport and business of football. Can't blame these players for their choices. They are working, it's a job. Let them make their decisions in peace, as I'm sure you wouldn't want to be heckled for your career choices.
      Yes you have the right and I can also listen to you. It is not because it is my life and my situation that I will be right in my choice. Sometimes outside eyes are very useful to open your eyes and see it at larger scale.
      It is not because I decided to go to an another job with big money that it will be a good thing. I may become less happy at the end, more lazy, etc.. and you would have the right to tell it to me.

For Dejagah's example, it is not exactly the same case that a random job. It is supposed to be their passion too, and at the end they represent their country which is a honour not a duty. If Dejagah was chasing Qatar $$$ and snub outside advice not to go, I would prefer him to say he consider football as a random job and annouce he quits National team.

Comment

Any news on TM second friendly during their European camp in June ?

Comment

Any news on TM's second friendly game in June in Europe ?

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
            Any news on TM's second friendly game in June in Europe ?
            According to Fars News, TM will either have a training camp in Germany or Austria, it's not finalized yet. So far Belarus and Australia have been named as possible opponents.

Comment

CQ will return to Iran tomorrow

http://cup.ir/sport/archive/487/view/123885

Comment

honestly i dont understand people being so harsh on dejagah. He was a regular in Hertha berlin, a middle-lower german team (not this year but usually), and wolfsburg where he WON THE DAMN LEAGUE and was a starter. Then he fulfilled a childhood dream to move to the PL, spent a few seasons there and scored some cracking goals. The realistic offers on the table for him were from teams like Sunderland and Hertha. These are levels he ha already played at and experienced and especially with his injury scares, I can see how a move to qatar, which probably quadrupled (maybe more) his wages seemed attractive. He has managed to keep up a decent level of performance for TM and frankly i am not bothered at all by his decision, it was a very acceptable one.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  He has managed to keep up a decent level of performance for TM and frankly i am not bothered at all by his decision, it was a very acceptable one.

Have you seen this video? Ashkan Dejagah, when he was still in Europe. Watch this, and tell me how he has managed to keep a decent level of performance today by playing in Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post

Have you seen this video? Ashkan Dejagah, when he was still in Europe. Watch this, and tell me how he has managed to keep a decent level of performance today by playing in Qatar.
                    cool kiarash. That was four years ago before his injuries and before he already went and played in the premier league. He has accomplished more than his fair share in europe, and making one last move that gets him a shit ton of money for his young family (recently had kid as well) is completely understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      cool kiarash. That was four years ago before his injuries and before he already went and played in the premier league. He has accomplished more than his fair share in europe, and making one last move that gets him a shit ton of money for his young family (recently had kid as well) is completely understandable.
                      Sorry bro, I don't think it was an acceptable move. He hasn't passed 30 yet, so he should be playing top level football considering his true qualities. His mentality is weak, and he gave up to cash in Qatar for whatever reason he might had. He has not done anything special for TM either, he's just another player just like other players. Nekounam can play in Qatar as much as he wants if you ask me, because he played so many years in La Liga and is nearing the end of his career.

Comment

Sorry bro, I don't think it was an acceptable move. He hasn't passed 30 yet, so he should be playing top level football considering his true qualities. His mentality is weak, and he gave up to cash in Qatar for whatever reason he might had. He has not done anything special for TM either, he's just another player just like other players. Nekounam can play in Qatar as much as he wants if you ask me, because he played so many years in La Liga and is nearing the end of his career.
                        well he spent his entire youth and professional career in europe until now and won the bundesliga, and then was mentally strong enough to move to fulham, win a starting spot, and be arguably best player, not sure why he hasnt done enough in europe for you

Comment

Yadesh be kheyr, amoon nemidad Qatariha ye nafase rahat bekeshan

He has not done anything special for TM either, he's just another player just like other players.
                          I disagree with this part, he was a very key player of our World Cup 2014 squad

Comment

CQ on his “official" facebook page congratulated Taj and asked for a speedy resolution to his resignation request.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...50850471618017

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

CQ met Taj earlier on. He will have another meeting on Wednesday

http://90tv.ir/news/248947/%DA%A9%DB...A7%D8%B4%D8%AA

http://90tv.ir/news/248955/%D9%BE%DB...8C%D8%B3%D8%AA

http://90tv.ir/news/248949/%DA%86%D9...B4%D9%88%D8%AF

Comment

Astan Quds Razavi stadium in Mashhad

Comment

Working...
                                X