TM-News- - Page 472

Closed Thread
Page 472 of 903 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 9024

Thread: TM-News-

PFDC Sponsor
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,604 Times in 1,889 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jahandoost View Post
    No what Gucci said is not what I am talking about, its how Montazeri replied "دو روز است آمده", quite condescending and not good for the younger lads.
    Bro srsly, you need to get rid of this black and white thinking (experienced/younger).
    When i was young i witnessed far worse incidents in my job and it was a massive lesson.

It is taken out of the context aswell.
    Players were unhappy with their own performance and Montazeri spoke out loud. Gucci jumped in and received an uncomfortable answer. Very good in my books. No drama. It's part of the game and this only shows that we are lacking a proper leader On and Off the pitch. Problems can only be solved if pointed out. By ignoring problems for the sake of "good atmosphere" we will reach nothing.
    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Not so easy if you read the entire post. See below. Even the post you quoted says "if" and the team still has a chance should we change our current approach...no where near imploding. Most people would agree that IF we lose to Guam, and then things are getting really ugly.
    I see. I see:) So when in response to 2 guys arguing in a way that happens quite often in a locker room after a frustrating loss, you say 'CQ is going to take this team in a dark place if the current trend continues, and I fear he may not be able to answer for where we are heading. Something needs to change and fast!', you were "not" making mountains out of a mole hill:) and you were "not" as usual trying to spin things as a sign of impending doom brought on by the coach. Sure thing bud:)

And LOL at the suggestion that you have 'reserved judgment' on CQ:) Seriously "boo", that one is a gem all on its own!

[General note: This is all really a waste of time. There was a post from Nader a few pages back that perfectly summed up our overall situation. The fact that even after that post we still have the same handful of people offering the same stubborn half-baked nonsense shows they can't be reasoned with and just want to win the "CQ SUX" argument at all costs. To be fair, most of this small group are youngsters so the immaturity and emotionalism is somewhat understandable…even if it's annoying as all hell and rather hard on your scroll button.]

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,115 Times in 2,536 Posts
    Jeez, it has become really tough to make a simple comment on PFDC about anything, without the usual suspect connecting it to his favorite topic and field of expertise, youngsters in the 14-16 year old age group.

Quote Originally Posted by xerexes View Post
    ...youngsters....
    ...like a 14 year old...
    ...16-year-olds...
    On a more serious note...

As they say one swallow don't make it summer and one incident doesn't mean it's all over for TM. But at the other end of the scale, this incident is hardly reason for additional optimism. It's one thing to be indifferent about it and dismiss it an an isolated incident and a whole different thing to be happy or optimistic about it.

We could very well have said that the Daei/Karimi locker room spat in WC2006 was normal, this shit happens all the time in football and we should have actually been happy about it and embraced more of these incidents.

Unfortunately, things didn't turn out that way in that particular incident, nor do they turn out like that in the majority of cases in Iranian football where people have these types of disagreements and spats . Iranians generally hold grudges and in most cases these disagreements carry on forever (figuratively speaking).

Only time will tell whether this was an isolated incident or a sign of bigger issues i TM, but what's certain is that it needs to be dealt with and not become a common occurrence.

It's not Montazeri's job to question or criticize the performance of the team or his team mates. We have a captain, we have a coach and we have an entire cadre of people who have that responsibility.

Nor does the fact that he has been capped more than player x or y or has been in the camp for a few days more than other players (I'm assuming this is what he was talking about, since Gucci has just 3 less caps than him), make his take on the situation any more important or allow him to take matters into his own hands IMHO.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bi-honar For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
    Bro srsly, you need to get rid of this black and white thinking (experienced/younger).
    When i was young i witnessed far worse incidents in my job and it was a massive lesson.

It is taken out of the context aswell.
    Players were unhappy with their own performance and Montazeri spoke out loud. Gucci jumped in and received an uncomfortable answer. Very good in my books. No drama. It's part of the game and this only shows that we are lacking a proper leader On and Off the pitch. Problems can only be solved if pointed out. By ignoring problems for the sake of "good atmosphere" we will reach nothing.
    Is it really "black and white" thinking to say that such petty spats are bad for the younger lads?

I think being in an environment where your fellow colleagues are throwing insults is never a good lesson. Don't get me wrong, I'm all in for a discussions between players whether loud or not after the game as it shows passion, but the important point is the way that discussions are conducted, the players need to learn to conduct themselves when discussing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jahandoost For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,419 Times in 5,377 Posts

TM-News-

According to cup.ir

Iran vs. Iraq / prior to the WCQ in August / venue: Tehran

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by 04041374; 06-22-2015 at 02:34 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 04041374 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 04041374 View Post
    According to cup.ir

Iran vs. Iraq / prior to the WCQ in August / venue: Tehran
    No thanks.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jahandoost For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,019 Times in 4,623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PersianLegion View Post
    Why not? Let us finish them.
    In a friendly? No point in that. I prefer knocking them out of the WCQ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Z Joon For This Useful Post:

Banned

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Jeez, it has become really tough to make a simple comment on PFDC about anything, without the usual suspect connecting it to his favorite topic and field of expertise, youngsters in the 14-16 year old age group. :rofl:
    On a more serious note...
    As they say one swallow don't make it summer and one incident doesn't mean it's all over for TM. But at the other end of the scale, this incident is hardly reason for additional optimism. It's one thing to be indifferent about it and dismiss it an an isolated incident and a whole different thing to be happy or optimistic about it.
    We could very well have said that the Daei/Karimi locker room spat in WC2006 was normal, this shit happens all the time in football and we should have actually been happy about it and embraced more of these incidents.
    First, the youngster part doesn't even apply to you and would be giving you credit you don't deserve. The ones in their teens and early 20s are likely to at least grow into their own in a few years. It's the ones twice that age who react with kneejerk emotionalism before and after every match that have something to worry about. The same ones who have been desperately grasping at every straw to look 'right' ever since the post about cynical fans hit a little too close to home:)

The very fact that you're trying to liken this argument to the Daei/Karimi fiasco and can't understand how common in football this is, shows you're being melodramatic as usual and have the same superficial understanding of this as you do of most other topics. By the time Karimi and Daei had their blowup at WC 2006, they had been at each other's throats for years with the camp essentially divided into cliques between them, something that would never be allowed to happen under someone like CQ. The bad blood started four years prior with Karimi giving an interview in which he openly and publicly called Daei talentless and attributed his success to sheer luck. It wasn't anything like a perfectly common verbal argument between two frustrated players right after a match in the locker room. But hey, maybe it all makes sense from a crustacean perspective.

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    ...a crustacean perspective.
    ...a placental perspective.
    ...a marsupial perspective...or was it mammalian... or something.
    Now let's bring on the plant kingdom, shall we?
    Proud 2b part of #TrotsRabbleDogs as a working class dog, Oz Corbynite & jaded republican.

"I'll always walk around like a Persian popinjay, and no one's gonna stop me, honey!"―Freddie Mercury.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to persianpopinjay For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,345 Times in 3,855 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Jeez, it has become really tough to make a simple comment on PFDC about anything, without the usual suspect connecting it to his favorite topic and field of expertise, youngsters in the 14-16 year old age group.

hands IMHO.

So what are you trying to say? ... that he's .... umm ... ''interested in '' (and an ''expert at) boys of 14-16 year age group???

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.