TM-News- - Page 399

Closed Thread
Page 399 of 903 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499899 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 9024

Thread: TM-News-

  1. #3981
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Bi-honar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Costa Blanca, Spain
    Posts
    5,238
    Thanks
    9,234
    Thanked 6,139 Times in 2,549 Posts
    Rep Power
    2821710
    As usual, so much confusion around TM plans and games:

    First of all, can the Turkmens change the venue this close to the game, without IFF mutually agreeing to it?!

    Secondly, if we don't have the money for the Turkey camp and considering Ashgabat is only 300 km from Mashad, why didn't TM just plan to fly to Mashad and ride a bus from there to the original venue or fly there from Tashkent if that game is confirmed?

    If the Uzbekistan friendly is confirmed, wouldn't it make sense to just skip the Turkey camp, fly to Tashkent and then fly to Dashoguz/Ashgabat from there instead of going back and forth like a yo-yo?

    What's wrong with just continuing the camp in Iran? Why does everyone have a hard-on for Istanbul at the edge of the continent?


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bi-honar For This Useful Post:


  3. #3982
    PFDC Asset
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,968
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 15,466 Times in 6,605 Posts
    Rep Power
    37155231
    Quote Originally Posted by IranPowned View Post
    That number 8 is 14? I looked like a little nerd when I was 14.

    Foulad Murteza Farahani Rad.



  4. The Following User Says Thank You to St_Mark For This Useful Post:


  5. #3983
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tehran
    Posts
    4,921
    Thanks
    4,075
    Thanked 6,548 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Rep Power
    4309542
    You guys remember the Argentinian guy, Diego, who joined TM during the WC in Brazil? The guy who introduced the GPS system and improved TM's overall fitness? Well, he is back and working with TM again! Now, He is officially part of the TM staff.



    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TheBoss For This Useful Post:


  7. #3984
    News Editor
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,599
    Thanks
    4,514
    Thanked 8,646 Times in 4,051 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949736
    The Turkmenistan border is not as close as people think. It is very far from any city. Also, you need to get a special privelage to actually drive into Turkmenistan.
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

  8. #3985
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Abtin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    14,671
    Thanks
    16,144
    Thanked 12,055 Times in 5,390 Posts
    Rep Power
    7978837
    Quote Originally Posted by Bi-honar View Post
    As usual, so much confusion around TM plans and games:

    First of all, can the Turkmens change the venue this close to the game, without IFF mutually agreeing to it?!

    Secondly, if we don't have the money for the Turkey camp and considering Ashgabat is only 300 km from Mashad, why didn't TM just plan to fly to Mashad and ride a bus from there to the original venue or fly there from Tashkent if that game is confirmed?

    If the Uzbekistan friendly is confirmed, wouldn't it make sense to just skip the Turkey camp, fly to Tashkent and then fly to Dashoguz/Ashgabat from there instead of going back and forth like a yo-yo?

    What's wrong with just continuing the camp in Iran? Why does everyone have a hard-on for Istanbul at the edge of the continent?
    Agree, just keep the training in Tehran and Tashkent ffs.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Abtin For This Useful Post:


  10. #3986
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Bi-honar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Costa Blanca, Spain
    Posts
    5,238
    Thanks
    9,234
    Thanked 6,139 Times in 2,549 Posts
    Rep Power
    2821710
    Quote Originally Posted by rugs View Post
    The Turkmenistan border is not as close as people think. It is very far from any city. Also, you need to get a special privelage to actually drive into Turkmenistan.
    Unless I'm reading the road map wrong, Ashgabat is less than 300 km (driving distance - not straight distance) from Mashad, which shouldn't be more than a 4 hour bus ride.

    If it's indeed true that there are no flights from Mashad to Ashgabat, I think it's pretty pathetic that we don't have flights from our 2nd largest city to the capital of the neighboring country closest to it.


  11. #3987
    PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Abtin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    14,671
    Thanks
    16,144
    Thanked 12,055 Times in 5,390 Posts
    Rep Power
    7978837
    Quote Originally Posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Unless I'm reading the road map wrong, Ashgabat is less than 300 km (driving distance - not straight distance) from Mashad, which shouldn't be more than a 4 hour bus ride.

    If it's indeed true that there are no flights from Mashad to Ashgabat, I think it's pretty pathetic that we don't have flights from our 2nd largest city to the capital of the neighboring country closest to it.
    They could go with Turkish airlines.

  12. #3988
    News Editor
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,599
    Thanks
    4,514
    Thanked 8,646 Times in 4,051 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949736
    Quote Originally Posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Unless I'm reading the road map wrong, Ashgabat is less than 300 km (driving distance - not straight distance) from Mashad, which shouldn't be more than a 4 hour bus ride.

    If it's indeed true that there are no flights from Mashad to Ashgabat, I think it's pretty pathetic that we don't have flights from our 2nd largest city to the capital of the neighboring country closest to it.
    It would be more like 6 hours because it's not a highway and many parts wind. And the roads are not safe. It would not be wise thing to take a bus that route.

    Then you still need permission to take the vehicle over the border.
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to rugs For This Useful Post:


  14. #3989
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    GolfePersique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,949
    Thanks
    4,350
    Thanked 7,362 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Rep Power
    4577679
    Quote Originally Posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Unless I'm reading the road map wrong, Ashgabat is less than 300 km (driving distance - not straight distance) from Mashad, which shouldn't be more than a 4 hour bus ride.

    If it's indeed true that there are no flights from Mashad to Ashgabat, I think it's pretty pathetic that we don't have flights from our 2nd largest city to the capital of the neighboring country closest to it.
    it's actually more pathetic that we can't arrange a charter flight for our bloody national team whilst we send planes to yemen which can't even land.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GolfePersique For This Useful Post:


  16. #3990
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tehran
    Posts
    4,921
    Thanks
    4,075
    Thanked 6,548 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Rep Power
    4309542
    Turkmanistan list for the match against Iran






    Btw, i love how they use the Persian word "Darwze ban" for goalkeeper and "Hujum chi" for attacker!






    They also have 4 legionnaires in their team, 3 of them play in Uzbekistan and one plays in Czech republic

    Last edited by TheBoss; 05-22-2015 at 06:01 AM.

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheBoss For This Useful Post:


Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 97.97 Kb. compressed to 88.13 Kb. by saving 9.83 Kb. (10.04%)]