Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...Japan had Singapore's goal on full blast. Singapore's goalie had a wonderful game.

Comment

As I once mentioned, it's wonderful to be a cynical fan. If the team wins, you celebrate and if the team loses, you get to go on a tirade on how you were right all along and how your insights are what Team Melli is lacking.

Here are some positive facts from these past two games (both Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan):

+ Introduction of Hossein Kanaani as CB. At 21, this man has the potential to be a long-term CB for us (along with Pouraliganji). With Hosseini aging and Sadeghi out of the picture, we're in desperate need of new CBs and Kanaani may be the person to rise to the occasion (provided he continues to perform consistently well).

+ Overall squad age reduction. Here's a big one that people have been complaining about for 2-3 years but gave zero credit to CQ when he did it. The World Cup was a year ago during which we went in with the following over-30 players: Ahmadi, Heydari, Hosseini, Masoud, Sadeghi, Nekounam, Teymourian, Alenemeh, Montazeri, and Beikzadeh. Of that list, the oldest are no longer with Team Melli (Ahmadi, Nekounam, Sadeghi, and Alenemeh). Essentially, in a 23-man list, we're now left 6 veterans. Of those 6, I reckon we'll only see 2 in the next World Cup (Ando and Montazeri).

A healthy Jahanbakhsh and Dejagah will send Heydari to the bench (and out of Team Melli, eventually). The same can be said about Rahmani (injury) and Rafiei (sarbazi) in regards to Masoud. Beikzadeh has already been moved to the bench and Hosseini, at 33, is unlikely to stay along until 2018 unless he remains in remarkable form.

In almost every area, we have seen the introduction of young players: Beiranvand (22), Rezaian (25), Kanaani (21), Pouraliganji (23), Ezatolahi (18), Torabi (20), Jahanbakhsh (21), Azmoun (20), and Taremi (22). When most of these players are young enough to be playing for the Olympic team, it will take time to fully get comfortable at the senior level. Look beyond one game - this is a squad for the future.

+ Tactical adaption. People ask why CQ started Heydari and Masoud. It's because they know his system and they know it well. With the anchor of Team Melli (Nekounam) retired, Hosseini missing, Pouladi gone, and Dejagah injured, there are few players that are left that can maintain the shape of what CQ has implemented. For reference of what talented teams look like when they're just thrown together, refer to our Olympic team. When working on a puzzle, you attach the pieces on at a time (and yes, this involves some trial-and-error). Heydari, despite his shortcomings still helps provide cover for the inexperienced Kanaani and defensive line overall. Masoud, in the absence of Rahmani and Rafiei, as well as retirement of Hadadifar and Jabbari is the best we have in the position.

Overall, if you want the honest truth, here it is. If we are to make a transition to a truly new generation, the next 1-1.5 years will look extremely ugly. We will get the necessary results but not often in the fashion people desire. Much of the next 1-1.5 years will be spent finding the right blend of players and the formation that works best. If CQ can get an ageing generation that is past their learning phase to match Argentina and beat Chile, he can do it again with a younger and developing side that includes several future gems (Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Ezatolahi). The next little while is what can help define Team Melli for the next decade. Instead of looking at a single match (which will become an afterthought in a year), try - as difficult as it may be - to have some patience and look at the long-term.

Comment

^ much needed breath of fresh air Nader jan khaste nabashid, the amount of BS I've been reading here the last few days was really getting to an all time high....can't say none of us didn't expect it after the final whistle.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

amen finally something positive

Comment

Great post Nader jan.

Comment

True, still I am so pissed about that stupid goal we conceded and all the missed chances. Aaaaaaaaarrrrr!

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                As I once mentioned, it's wonderful to be a cynical fan. If the team wins, you celebrate and if the team loses, you get to go on a tirade on how you were right all along and how your insights are what Team Melli is lacking.

Here are some positive facts from these past two games (both Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan):

+ Introduction of Hossein Kanaani as CB. At 21, this man has the potential to be a long-term CB for us (along with Pouraliganji). With Hosseini aging and Sadeghi out of the picture, we're in desperate need of new CBs and Kanaani may be the person to rise to the occasion (provided he continues to perform consistently well).

+ Overall squad age reduction. Here's a big one that people have been complaining about for 2-3 years but gave zero credit to CQ when he did it. The World Cup was a year ago during which we went in with the following over-30 players: Ahmadi, Heydari, Hosseini, Masoud, Sadeghi, Nekounam, Teymourian, Alenemeh, Montazeri, and Beikzadeh. Of that list, the oldest are no longer with Team Melli (Ahmadi, Nekounam, Sadeghi, and Alenemeh). Essentially, in a 23-man list, we're now left 6 veterans. Of those 6, I reckon we'll only see 2 in the next World Cup (Ando and Montazeri).

A healthy Jahanbakhsh and Dejagah will send Heydari to the bench (and out of Team Melli, eventually). The same can be said about Rahmani (injury) and Rafiei (sarbazi) in regards to Masoud. Beikzadeh has already been moved to the bench and Hosseini, at 33, is unlikely to stay along until 2018 unless he remains in remarkable form.

In almost every area, we have seen the introduction of young players: Beiranvand (22), Rezaian (25), Kanaani (21), Pouraliganji (23), Ezatolahi (18), Torabi (20), Jahanbakhsh (21), Azmoun (20), and Taremi (22). When most of these players are young enough to be playing for the Olympic team, it will take time to fully get comfortable at the senior level. Look beyond one game - this is a squad for the future.

+ Tactical adaption. People ask why CQ started Heydari and Masoud. It's because they know his system and they know it well. With the anchor of Team Melli (Nekounam) retired, Hosseini missing, Pouladi gone, and Dejagah injured, there are few players that are left that can maintain the shape of what CQ has implemented. For reference of what talented teams look like when they're just thrown together, refer to our Olympic team. When working on a puzzle, you attach the pieces on at a time (and yes, this involves some trial-and-error). Heydari, despite his shortcomings still helps provide cover for the inexperienced Kanaani and defensive line overall. Masoud, in the absence of Rahmani and Rafiei, as well as retirement of Hadadifar and Jabbari is the best we have in the position.

Overall, if you want the honest truth, here it is. If we are to make a transition to a truly new generation, the next 1-1.5 years will look extremely ugly. We will get the necessary results but not often in the fashion people desire. Much of the next 1-1.5 years will be spent finding the right blend of players and the formation that works best. If CQ can get an ageing generation that is past their learning phase to match Argentina and beat Chile, he can do it again with a younger and developing side that includes several future gems (Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Ezatolahi). The next little while is what can help define Team Melli for the next decade. Instead of looking at a single match (which will become an afterthought in a year), try - as difficult as it may be - to have some patience and look at the long-term.

Man, this was a breath of fresh air. Especially that last paragraph.

People can be angry and blame X and Y all they want, but when logic like this is stated, nothing remains to be said.

Comment

Why is Carlos always angry though?

Comment

Originally posted by cap360 View Post
                    Why is Carlos always angry though?
                    well you have 12 chances and cant score, you wanna be happy?if we as fans are mad ,imagine the coach

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                      well you have 12 chances and cant score, you wanna be happy?if we as fans are mad ,imagine the coach
                      I hope from the bottom of my heart that he yelled at them like never before, in the changing room after the match. I really hope he threw around some water bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                        I hope from the bottom of my heart that he yelled at them like never before, in the changing room after the match. I really hope he threw around some water bottles.
                        You mean like Shahrenoei?
                        http://youtu.be/BMvmJV3X3X8

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                          You mean like Shahrenoei?
                          http://youtu.be/BMvmJV3X3X8
                          If they must learn it that way, then yes! They were an utter embarrassment, and failed completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                            probably went something like this old gem..!!?
                            https://youtu.be/QAlGgLol7Y8

Comment

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
                              Oh Sure Because when you understand football like a 14 year old, a tie where you create around 15 chances and a tie where you create only one chance are both the same.
                              ... it absolutely matters if you created a lot of chances as opposed to being neutralized by your opponent and limited to one or two half chances.
                              Gotta love the usual nonsense strawman post after I brought up Japan Japan and Iran both had frustrating results against teams they dominated and should have beaten, but let's worry about the exact number of shots and corners
                              ???

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                              ...Japan-Singapore game ... not that it has any relevance to our situation
                              Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                              Let's face it, had we scored even half of the clear chances that we had and ended the game 4-1, there should have been no complaints. I for one like seeing a lot of the stuff that are being tried (either tactically or with our youngsters), but we have to be patient.
                              How well you understand other people's arguments, is just as much a sign of your intelligence as how well you present your own. Sadly, you continue to struggle with both.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                probably went something like this old gem..!!?
                                https://youtu.be/QAlGgLol7Y8
                                this is one time when you don't want an aisle seat ..... looks like the first ones took more slaps than the middle ones
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X