This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
    I just don't like the way it looks. The color of the floor looks depressing and the brick walls looks terrible and unprofessional.

You might think that the looks don't play an important role but it does. When you work out in a place that looks great and professional it has a positive effect on your mood and spirit.

I've worked out in both terrible jail looking type of gyms and high end gyms and I would go for high end gyms any day. When the place looks inviting you would want to spend more time in it and you are in a much better mood, therefore you can push it to your maximum limits.

As I mentioned earlier we have the capabilities of building incredible gyms in Iran like Oxygen so why shouldn't our clubs and national team have a similar type of facilities. Abtin actually posted a video of that gym I'm talking about
    no doubt that there are world class gyms in iran! no doubt about that ! you have to take the cost into consideration as well. you can pay less and get the jail looking gym or u can pay a lot more and workout at the oxygen gym center. both gyms are going to give you the same result! it honestly does not matter what the gym looks like . if you have that mentality to get in shape or big it will not matter where you workout.

Comment

I agree our players deserve better facilities but a gym should be used for the gym. I have been a member of a "high level gym" in the US and it doesnt suit the reason we are getting a gym in the first place. More people use the jacuzzis then exercise/do more yoga than weightlift.

CQ wanted the gym so our players become fit/strong. It would be too much of an ask for the gym to have amenities like mediation rooms/yoga/ etc and get funding from IFF.

Equipment is a little close but this will definitely make our team a lot physically stronger and thats most important.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
        no doubt that there are world class gyms in iran! no doubt about that ! you have to take the cost into consideration as well. you can pay less and get the jail looking gym or u can pay a lot more and workout at the oxygen gym center. both gyms are going to give you the same result! it honestly does not matter what the gym looks like . if you have that mentality to get in shape or big it will not matter where you workout.
        I have to respectfully disagree. When you walk into a beautiful place, wether it's a house, gym or anything you automatically feel a lot better. When you feel good in an environment you automatically perform a lot better. That's why big companies spend millions of dollars in creating a great environment for their employees to work.

You're basically saying that staying in a 1 star hotel with 5 star hotel is same cause you're gonna get the same result at the end. You're gonna be able to rest and sleep in both places.

Comment

As I mentioned earlier we have the capabilities of building incredible gyms in Iran like Oxygen so why shouldn't our clubs and national team have a similar type of facilities. Abtin actually posted a video of that gym I'm talking about
          That Oxygen gym looks like a spa more than a gym bro... cramped, with low ceilings and artificial lighting. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but that's geared more for a high end crowd going to the gym to look good and show off their expensive work-out clothes, not for real athletes needing a real hard work-out.

I don't think a proper hard work out is about mood at all or feeling good. It's the exact opposite IMHO - it's about pushing yourself harder and feeling pain and it's really hard to do that in a posh gym like Oxygen.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            I agree our players deserve better facilities but a gym should be used for the gym. I have been a member of a "high level gym" in the US and it doesnt suit the reason we are getting a gym in the first place. More people use the jacuzzis then exercise/do more yoga than weightlift.

CQ wanted the gym so our players become fit/strong. It would be too much of an ask for the gym to have amenities like mediation rooms/yoga/ etc and get funding from IFF.

Equipment is a little close but this will definitely make our team a lot physically stronger and thats most important.
            I'm not saying they should have meditation room. All I'm saying that cosmetically they could have done better. It doesn't cost a lots of money to renovate and update the walls and floors by using the correct material and colors. Probably $10K max.

Comment

No doubt its not expensive compared to what we have both seen other NTs use. One step at a time though. Our Federation can only get more useful one step at a time. Gym now, in a few months when we have won some games and dont have a WCQ for a while we can get those renovations.

Comment

I have to respectfully disagree. When you walk into a beautiful place, wether it's a house, gym or anything you automatically feel a lot better. When you feel good in an environment you automatically perform a lot better. That's why big companies spend millions of dollars in creating a great environment for their employees to work.

You're basically saying that staying in a 1 star hotel with 5 star hotel is same cause you're gonna get the same result at the end. You're gonna be able to rest and sleep in both places.
                no you cant really compare gyms to hotels... ur in the gym for a couple of hours if most! in a hotel you can be there for days or weeks! so they are not comparable !i mean i respect ur opinion on this issue . some people like it more when the gym is nice looking and some dont!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                  That Oxygen gym looks like a spa more than a gym bro... cramped, with low ceilings and artificial lighting. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but that's geared more for a high end crowd going to the gym to look good and show off their expensive work-out clothes, not for real athletes needing a real hard work-out.

I don't think a proper hard work out is about mood at all or feeling good. It's the exact opposite IMHO - it's about pushing yourself harder and feeling pain and it's really hard to do that in a posh gym like Oxygen.
                  I'm complaining about the brick walls and the floors. They could use a much better color and materials and it's not very costly to do it.

Why do you think Barcelona and top clubs spend millions of dollars to create a great looking club? You think they can't just build a warehouse and put excellent equipments in there? Yes they can but they know that a good environment affects their performance.

Facebook, google and even smaller start up companies are spending a lots of money in creating a good working environment for their workers to be able to do fun stuff while they're not working cause they know that when their employees are in a better mood, they perform their jobs better and they are willing to spend more time there and ultimately get more work done.

From my own personal experience, I have been able to work out better and get better results when the gym looks modern, inviting and also the layout is done properly.

Comment

amin is absolutely right. I've worked out at different kinds of gyms and I feel more motivated to workout in upper quality gyms compared to the broken down ones. You want to have the best equipment compared to using old rusty machines

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                      no you cant really compare gyms to hotels... ur in the gym for a couple of hours if most! in a hotel you can be there for days or weeks! so they are not comparable !i mean i respect ur opinion on this issue . some people like it more when the gym is nice looking and some dont!
                      We're not talking about regular people here. We're talking about our national team. If they had a choice to choose between this facility and modern facility you think CQ and the rest of the team would stay here?

From the examples that I've given you, you can compare any environments together. Let's compare Mercedes CLA with a Acura ILX. They are around the same price and their engines are pretty similar. Which one would you feel better driving it? I would go for CLA because it looks better and you feel better when you drive it.

If you think that there's no difference in working out in a world class fitness club with a jail looking type of the gym then I rest my case and I can't go back and forth anymore.

Comment

Baba it's like choosing between a Paykan and a Audi/Mercedes/BMW 2015 model. End of discussion. They are the nr. 1 national team of a continent, you really think it's appropriate for them to be training in such a Somali Pirate building?!

Comment

We're not talking about regular people here. We're talking about our national team. If they had a choice to choose between this facility and modern facility you think CQ and the rest of the team would stay here?

From the examples that I've given you, you can compare any environments together. Let's compare Mercedes CLA with a Acura ILX. They are around the same price and their engines are pretty similar. Which one would you feel better driving it? I would go for CLA because it looks better and you feel better when you drive it.

If you think that there's no difference in working out in a world class fitness club with a jail looking type of the gym then I rest my case and I can't go back and forth anymore.
                          Armin jan i agree with you! its just when IFF is already broke do we really expect them to pay more money (which they dont have) on a world class gym?

Comment

Kaveh Rezaie "I hope I can make CQ interested in me"

http://90tv.ir/news/106152/%DA%A9%D8...9%D9%86%D9%85/

Comment

You
                              Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                              Kaveh Rezaie "I hope I can make CQ interested in me"

http://90tv.ir/news/106152/%DA%A9%D8...9%D9%86%D9%85/
                              This is the story of a young man destined to be our next "Daie" after his star performance at the U17 World Cup many moons ago. They know how to ruin talents - don't they?

Decent player but I doubt given the competition, he will get a sniff of CQ's au de colone!?
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

What's with you people?!!! The gym is huge and filled with the latest Technogym equipment which are the BEST in the world! Who cares what the wall looks like!! Iranian mentality at its best.
                                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Working...
                                X