X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ @ ozone:
    well, here I have to side with CQ.

Yes, the AFC were vindictive enough to somehow facilitate some sort of retribution by appointing the ref whom CQ had a problem with, for a crucial game. A ref who's well known for bearing and acting on grudges.
    But to say we should not make a noise about how wrong AFC is so we get a better deal from them is not right either.

For years and almost three decades our coaches and incompetent federation have kept that policy of meekness and silence in the face of some very horrible and atrocious treatment by AFC on various tournaments. What did we get from all that silence and meekness? Even more atrocious treatment.

So CQ at least has the balls to take on these corrupt mother**kers and air their incompetence to the world which has ears for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
      ^^ @ ozone:

Yes, the AFC were vindictive enough to somehow facilitate some sort of retribution by appointing the ref whom CQ had a problem with, for a crucial game. A ref who's well known for bearing and acting on grudges.
      But to say we should not make a noise about how wrong AFC is so we get a better deal from them is not right either.

For years and almost three decades our coaches and incompetent federation have kept that policy of meekness and silence in the face of some very horrible and atrocious treatment by AFC on various tournaments. What did we get from all that silence and meekness? Even more atrocious treatment.

So CQ at least has the balls to take on these corrupt mother**kers and air their incompetence to the world which has ears for him.
      Doctor DOOM

Comment

^^ @ ozone:

AGREE!!! If IFF had fought ONE battle hard with AFC with no mercy, Iam 100% sure that AFC would think twice about trying to screw us, but because of IFF incompetence and inaction AFC does it over and over again with impunity!....

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
          Dear BI-Honar:
          FIFA rules are very clear, requirement, eligibility for Olympic games ( in this case U22-3). Age is only factor and nothing to do with traditions of any country , any other argument is diversion from the facts and untrue..
          As long as player is of that age he can play whether he is member of national team or not.
          Is JB & SA bigger than LM? Iran bigger than Spain or Argentina?
          .On August 17, 2005
          Leo FRANCO, Lionel SCALONI, Roberto AYALA, Gabriel HEINZE, Juan Pablo SORIN, Lucho GONZALEZ, Lucas BERNARDI, Maxi RODRIGUEZ, Andres D'ALESSANDRO, Lisandro LOPEZ and Hernan CRESPO.
          With Argentina leading 2-1 (goals from Maxi RODRIGUEZ and a header from Gabriel HEINZE), Jose PEKERMAN brought on youngster Lionel MESSI to give him his international debut for Argentina. At the time, Spain were after MESSI (they tried to get him to play for their youth side as well as their senior side) but MESSI decided to play for Argentina. In any case, MESSI, who was 18 at the time, gets substituted in for Lisandro LOPEZ and well...

Argentina 96 -45

Comment

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
            No one here
            Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
            Every pro country always use the young players in the senior team even for friendlies and even if youth teams are having simultaneous competitive games.
            It's standard practice around the world that when players become regular invitees to the senior squad they no longer play for the underage teams.

Citing Messi as an exception that you think nullifies the norm is flawed on multiple levels
            Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post
            Then why did half of the Dutch national team selection join the U21 team for the European youth championship of 2013 in Israel instead of joining the senior team for a training camp (inc two friendly matches) in Asia?
            Christinao Ronaldo

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post

Christinao Ronaldo
              Nailed it!

Comment

^^ @ ozone:

During my graduate studies I was told a very important piece of information that I cherish deeply. Don't fight a war you cannot win, fight the battles you can...I think CQ could have had a larger impact say if for example Iran went to the finals or won the damn thing, and then stated what he did. Imagine the headlines, championship team and coach lambast AFC corruption and officiating...now how sweet would that be? I am not against outing the corrupt AFC, in fact all for it, but there is a time and place for everything, and CQ's timing was a bit off in my opinion (even criticizing the refs before the match would have been wiser as it could have resulted in better officiating and the officials wouldn't have taken it so personally...e.g., saying something like "we hope the standard of the refs is higher in this tournament than what we have seen previously")
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                  During my graduate studies I was told a very important piece of information that I cherish deeply. Don't fight a war you cannot win, fight the battles you can...I think CQ could have had a larger impact say if for example Iran went to the finals or won the damn thing, and then stated what he did. Imagine the headlines, championship team and coach lambast AFC corruption and officiating...now how sweet would that be? I am not against outing the corrupt AFC, in fact all for it, but there is a time and place for everything, and CQ's timing was a bit off in my opinion (even criticizing the refs before the match would have been wiser as it could have resulted in better officiating and the officials wouldn't have taken it so personally...e.g., saying something like "we hope the standard of the refs is higher in this tournament than what we have seen previously")
                  I completely agree with you also, but we all know CQ is a quite emotional coach and he is known for being short tempered. And this is not bashing CQ, but we have all seen his anger towards officials during the South Korea game in Tehran which gave him a suspension and many more prime examples. In that case, he is a true Iranian who perfectly suits our already emotional football

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                    And what if we stayed silent the entire time and failed to win the tournament due to unjust refereeing. Complaining afterwards would just make us come off as sore losers. CQ took the initiative and called out the crappy officiating as he saw it. If anything, it makes the AFC look like a bunch of morons to assign the same ref to us again. In fact, Ben Williams officiated 3 games with 2 of them being Team Melli matches. The 3rd was the Uzbek - Saudi Arabia match where he gave a ridiculous penalty call in favor of the Saudis.

Comment

I actually don't mind his anger and rage. Sure it might not be the most professional way to wanna confront the referee at half time, or start yelling and complaining so much that you get sent off, but I love his passion.

Comment

Honestly you guys all have good points.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post

Christinao Ronaldo
                          One would have to be pretty desperate or pretty dense to not understand the difference between something being a standard practice and being a rule. I'm not pretending you're quite dim enough to think anyone here implied there was some kind of law against players taking part in two national teams. You know damn well that wasn't the case. But as always when you get cornered you start flailing around and you hide behind parsing words and semantics.

The funny thing is the Ronaldo case you looked up on Wiki is the exact same as Messi's Both of them were given exemptions to play in the Olympic tournament. Messi played 5 games, Ronaldo played 3, all in the olympics themselves. That was the extent of it. And I love how you and the other genius completely overlooked the several examples I brought up, but are trying to use these two as proof without even understanding the context.

Comment

Every coach has the right to question the ref. in a subtle and political way after every game IMHO, but I completely agree with Ozone that you need to pick your battles - being a rebel without a cause is not a good thing:

1 - I don't think I recall any other time in a major international competition when I've seen the coach of a winning team criticize the officiating - this was obviously a big issue.

2 - The only criticisms I've seen (again in major international competitions) has been about game changing decisions, disallowed goal, penalty calls or no-calls, etc. in a close game where that particular call could have would have made a difference for the losing team. For example, criticizing the no penalty call in the Argentina game was the right course of action and as a result CQ didn't receive a fine for that. But questioning individual yellow cards, why they were given or not given was quite a bit too much IMHO.

3 - Aside from the two points above, I think what really pissed Williams and the AFC committee was CQ's comment that the "referee was not at the level of the game." That was way too much IMHO and a personal attack on Williams as a referee, not his decisions during the game - justified or not.

Comment

I honestly agree with the points that both sides make, but I just saw this picture.

Sardar Azmoun, Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Behnam Berzay (the current captain of team melli U-23)

They started something together and I wish they could finish it together by qualifying for the olympics. but i also feel like, Sardar and JB have outgrown the U-23
                              Last edited by TheBoss; 03-13-2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

So, Habib Kashani put this picture on his instagram yesterday, it was taken before the match against kuwait. I didn't know Maili kohan is part of the U-23 coaching staff. are they sure that he is a positive addition?

Comment

Working...
                                X