This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    in terms of PURE football results, he has yet to accomplish anything all too noteworthy with TM..!! failing to get us past the group stage in WC and past 1/4Finals of AC..!! WHATEVER THE EXCUSE MAY BE, FACT REMAINS THAT we've been there, Done that, multiple times before..!

FROM HERE ON, AFTER OVER 4 YEARS IN CHARGE , on the Pitch
    Originally posted by pres80 View Post
    Didn't read anything but the bold part. Didn't need to.

I haven't been commenting lately but this really irked me.

Half the time we say we shouldn't be after results and be after improvements.
    Then the other half of the time we talk shit like this.

Where we were before QC and where we are now, is literally not even comparable. Iran has never been a team. EVER.

We have had great players in all generations and I'm sure a lot of you have memories of your favorite players back in the day blah blah. The fact is he has set up a system and we may have 'been there done that' but that was either due to pure outclass by a few of our players or fluke or scrapping in by the skin of our teeth.

Our team has a system now and is actually a TEAM. That is worth more than any result like Round of 16 in WC.
    first off you missed few big operative words in my post above..!! bolded them for you so you can understand it better in those context..!
    i dont deny his immense impact in terms of Professional approach to team building and teaching our players a well planned and methodical approach to their performances. and certainly his organizational skills behind the scenes are the most valuable traits of him as our coach as is his diplomatic shrewdness to manipulate the IFF mullahs and trouble maker players.
    but On the Pitch, CQ TM has proven to be way too ONE DIMENSIONAL and Repetitive in his overall game tactics, and that has hampered our progress in football beyond what weve been used to prior to his arrival and produced limited Final results..!!
    That may have been good enough early on, BUT ANYMORE I EXPECT MORE ON THAT FRONT ..!
    Besides at the end of the day you can build Team-harmony, cohesiveness blah blah , blah, BUT IF @ THE END RESULTS are not reflective of all those good things Then you rightfully become vulnerable to criticism and higher expectations..!!
    This is Football we are talking about after-all, and every coach knows at the End of The day RESULTS is for most part their Sole source of job security and thats how it should be after a quiet a while in charge..!! early on gradual progress was good enough, but he has been given plenty of time already and from here on I will for most part Judge his quality based on visible improvements in our team's game day performance, his Rejuvenation of our aging TM and ultimately their acquired results and achievements of goals ..!!

no more As for EFFORT BS..!!

Comment

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt, for he has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Comment

Originally posted by ARYA :) View Post
        I'm sure you'd agree, takes precedent over any other.
        I don't agree with that statement at all Arya jaan, that TM should have carte blacne priority over our other teams.

IMHO, the reason we've been struggling even at the continental stage (i.e. the Asian Cup), while teams like Iraq and UAE make it to the last 4 is that they value and prioritize their youth teams while we have just let ours go.

So despite not having the talent that we do or a $2.5M coach, their players come into major tournaments, having not only played with each other countless times before, but having dealt with the pressures of a tournament environment countless times before.

In other words, their mental and physical preparation is not limited to a couple of camps before a major tournament, rather a multi-year program of playing together in, and developing through, multiple camps and tournaments.

You look at our younger bright stars, Haghighi, Ehsan, PAG, JB and Azmoun and even Karim - all of whom other than Ehsan have been noticed and moving up rather than down after these tournaments - have gone through our various youth teams.

Coincidentally, almost all the other TM players who've have to take a step down after the last two major tournaments (Ashkan, Pooladi, Gucci, Shojaei, Montazeri) either didn't go through our youth programs or have a very brief stints there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
          I think you're greatly overestimating our Omid team AND underestimating our opponents bro. It was only 6-7 months ago that our U-22 got eliminated from the Asian games in a group with Vietnam and Kyrgyzstan for god's sake. We couldn't even finish 2nd out of 3 teams in a group that we all thought was going to be a breeze. After all, neither of our opponents had advanced to the playoff rounds in the previous competition (2013 AFC U-22)!

To be certain of advancing to the next round of the Olympic qualifiers, we now have to finish 1st in a group of 5 teams. Two of those teams (Saudi Arabia and Palestine) advanced to the round of 16 from groups of 4, in the same Asian Games we couldn't advance from a group of 3! There is no room for error here, one stupid loss or even tie and our Olympic dreams are dashed once again.

We also have to be fair and apply the same arguments to both TM and our Omid team. If TM need to gel together, so does our Omid team. Even if our opponents now were super weak (which they're not), JB and Azmoun have had no other chance to play with the rest of the team and are unlikely to play with them before the U-22 championship in a few months.

That U-22 continental championship is just as important to our Omid team as the Asian Cup and WCQ (combined) are to our "A" team because it serves as both. So to be fair again and apply the same argument to both teams, if TM Omid doesn't deserve to be in that competition if they can't advance out of this group, then TM doesn't deserve to be in the WC if they can't cope without having two players in preparation for a pretty easy WCQ group.
          I get what you are saying but , when we lost to badly in the Asians games we had vingada as our coach .. Now we have khakpour . In a couple of friendlies that he has had under his belt he has gotten fairly good results against decent opponents . You say that TM omid also needs to gel , you are right but for the past year JB and Azmoun have been part of TM .. Why do we want to change that now and distrupt the bond that TM has right now ? It doesn't seem right ! As zandi jab said, we have great replacments for JB and Azmoun for the OMid team! It's not if they don't play for our omid team we are screwed ! Khakpour just wants to make sure 100% he is going through and that is fine but while doing that you are distrusting the momentum of our senior team who have been playing together for a good year . Another note , how do we even know that their clubs would release them for such a tourney ? We can't be certain ! Especially Azmouns club who are in the relegation zone! Our 2 friendlies are on FIFA days so we know there won't be a problem there but we can't say the same for Team Omid.

Comment

Our senior team actually generates money, where do you think the omid teams get most of their financial support from?

Comment

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
              Our senior team actually generates money, where do you think the omid teams get most of their financial support from?
              Can you explain.

Comment

Since we all are ''blind supporters'' of CQ, let's satisfy the likes of DoctorDOOM and Bi-honar with the following sentence:

marg bar CQ, how dares he to qualify us for the World Cup 2014 and wanting to have Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun. Terminate his contract right about now. This is absolute madness to invite the best forwards we have, he should stick to Arash Borhani and Reza Enayati
                instead

Their dream team forward line for Sweden and Chile:

A.Borhani - M.Madanchi
                R.Enayati

Subs: R.Khatibi - M.Gholami - R.Norouzi

We will tear Ibrahimovic and Sanchez a new one

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  The dream team forward line for Sweden and Chile:
                  A.Borhani - M.Madanchi
                  R.Enayati
                  Subs: "Lol at R.Khatibi " - M.Gholami - R.Norouzi
                  We will tear Ibrahimovic and Sanchez a new one
                  Add Ostad Asadi and Ali Daei to the team then I agree with you. Daei has offered to play free for TM to keep his caps unbreakable!

Comment

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
                    Can you explain.
                    ticket sales, sponsor deals and friendlies

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                      Add Ostad Asadi and Ali Daei to the team then I agree with you. Daei has offered to play free for TM to keep his caps unbreakable!
                      No way man, Ali Daei has had too many years of German football in him..he is more needed for Team Omid to play against the giants Bangladesh and Madagascar. In contrary Reza Enayati is exactly what we need. It's beyond madness that CQ has not invited him for the Sweden and Chile friendly

Comment

TM-News-

But Kiarash after all we need a top coach not that selfish mulitmillionaire: I would recommend Sir Hamid Derakhshan

Comment

No way man, Ali Daei has had too many years of German football in him..he is more needed for Team Omid to play against the giants Bangladesh and Madagascar. In contrary Reza Enayati is exactly what we need. It's beyond madness that CQ has not invited him for the Sweden and Chile friendly
                          I stick to this trio! Ostad Asadi(behtarin defa dar tarikhe iran), Rasoul Khatibi(bazikone arzeshi va behtarin golzan tarikhe iran), va Ali Daei(bi eddea tarin va kam hashie tarin footballiste iran).

Comment

This situation applies perfectly to PFDC right now.

Comment

Since we all are ''blind supporters'' of CQ, let's satisfy the likes of DoctorDOOM and Bi-honar with the following sentence:
                              Just to be clear Kiarash jaan, I have never used the phrase "blind supporter" - don't like the word blind. I have used the phrase Unconditional Support Camp or the USC abbreviation.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                                But Kiarash after all we need a top coach not that selfish mulitmillionaire: I would recommend Sir Hamid Derakhshan
                                No dude we need a gentleman for our head coach I recommend Sir Amir (aka Ardeshir) Ghale Noei III, not that thug Derakhshan! We need someone with class and manner. Sir GN is a world class manager, Real asked him to save them from the current situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X