Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its exactly this attitude that always gets us in trouble for preparation. Ohhh, WC is 3 years away, we have plenty of time.

Real teams are already preparing. Nobody is arguing that JB and AZ have their place cemented in TM at the moment. But the argument that they are still inexperienced on the national team stage is very valid. The argument that they, and in the long run, IRAN would benefit from them gaining experience vs strong national sides is also very valid.

And CQ is not afraid of losing his job at the moment. If he was going to lose his job (which would have been a poor decision) it would have been after AC.
    A potential loss to Chile or Sweden in a friendly is not going to cause anyone to get fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
      Its exactly this attitude that always gets us in trouble for preparation. Ohhh, WC is 3 years away, we have plenty of time.

Real teams are already preparing. Nobody is arguing that JB and AZ have their place cemented in TM at the moment. But the argument that they are still inexperienced on the national team stage is very valid. The argument that they, and in the long run, IRAN would benefit from them gaining experience vs strong national sides is also very valid.

And CQ is not afraid of losing his job at the moment. If he was going to lose his job (which would have been a poor decision) it would have been after AC.
      A potential loss to Chile or Sweden in a friendly is not going to cause anyone to get fired.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        personally, i give him plenty of kudos for miracleously qualifying us to the last WC, but in terms of PURE football results, he has yet to accomplish anything all too noteworthy with TM..!! failing to get us past the group stage in WC and past 1/4Finals of AC..!! WHATEVER THE EXCUSE MAY BE, FACT REMAINS THAT we've been there, Done that, multiple times before..!
        Didn't read anything but the bold part. Didn't need to.

I haven't been commenting lately but this really irked me.

Half the time we say we shouldn't be after results and be after improvements.
        Then the other half of the time we talk shit like this.

Where we were before QC and where we are now, is literally not even comparable. Iran has never been a team. EVER.

We have had great players in all generations and I'm sure a lot of you have memories of your favorite players back in the day blah blah. The fact is he has set up a system and we may have 'been there done that' but that was either due to pure outclass by a few of our players or fluke or scrapping in by the skin of our teeth.

Our team has a system now and is actually a TEAM. That is worth more than any result like Round of 16 in WC.

Comment

(CQ is right <====> Khakpour is right) Back and fort!

Comment

Azmoun and JB don't have bad "replacements". Guys like Motahari and Saghebi will do just fine. I have no real opinion on this, I feel indifferent but IMO we do not need players of Sardar and Alireza's caliber against such opponents in the Olympics qualifiers. As someone else said in this thread, if we don't beat those countries without these 2 players then we simply don't deserve to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
              Azmoun and JB don't have bad "replacements". Guys like Motahari and Saghebi will do just fine. I have no real opinion on this, I feel indifferent but IMO we do not need players of Sardar and Alireza's caliber against such opponents in the Olympics qualifiers. As someone else said in this thread, if we don't beat those countries without these 2 players then we simply don't deserve to qualify.

But aren't saghebi and mohatari both invited to the omid team? So they wouldn't be replacements for the firendlies coming up anywas. I agree 100% that JB and Azmoun are not needed to beat Nepal, Saudi , and Afghanistan . The amount of confidence and exprience that they will gain against chile and Sweden will make them even better and more confident rather playing amateurish youth teams . It's not even certain if their clubs would release them for the omid games , as the TM friendlies are on FIFA days.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                But aren't saghebi and mohatari both invited to the omid team?
                Yes I meant that they would be good enough replacements for SA and AJB in the Olympic qualifiers. Besides there are a lot of choice other than Saghebi and Motahari; Taromi, Tabrizi, Hassanzadeh, Barzay etc... We'll do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post

Khakpour as TM U22 coach said several times he need those two player and he is the one responsible for success or failures.

Yesterday CQ in his statement wrongfully said :

از فوتبال جهانی این مسئله هیچ شکی نداریم که تاثیری که بزرگسالان با یک تیم ملی خوب می تواند داشته باشد قابل قیاس با هیچ مسابقه ای رده دیگری نیست.

وی ادامه داد:

این فرصت را داشتم که با خاکپور جلسه ای داشته باشم و او هم نظرش این بود که این بازیکنان باید در تیم ملی بزرگسالان باشند

وظیفه و مسئولیت سنگینی دارم باید تصمیمی را بگیرم که مناسب باشد.

Today Khakpour ( via Alipour Media Coordinator ) denied such conversation and he emphasized he need those 2 players and TC & Kafashian agree with that.

عباس علیپور در گفت وگو با خبرنگار ورزشی خبرگزاری فارس در مورد اینکه کارلوس کی روش اعلام کرده در جلسه ای محمد خاکپور با حضور سردار آزمون و علیرضا جهانبخش در تیم ملی بزرگسالان موافقت کرده است عنوان کرد: اصلا چنین جلسه ای اخیرا برگزار نشده است. کی روش دو روز است به ایران بازگشته و خاکپور هم هفته گذشته در تهران حضور داشت و قبل از ان هم تیم برای برگزاری یک اردو به کیش سفر کرده بود.

ما این بازیکنان را برای اردوی کویت هم می خواستیم چه برسد بازی های رسمی مقدماتی المپیک. وقتی آنها به اردوی آماده سازی فعلی دعوت شدند نشان از خواست کادر فنی برای استفاده از این بازیکنان دارد. خاکپور تاکید دارد که در رقابت های حساس پیش رو از تمامی پتانسیل فوتبال ایران در این رده سنی استفاده کنیم

We all have personal preferences but if Khakpour is the coach of National Olympic team his opinion and of TM TC, Federation leadership ismore important than others including us.
                  Khakpour is not my choice at the helm of Olympic team and I think there were better choices for that job, but he is there and games to start soon and he need all support he can get. If it was up to me i would not invited few players including SA & JB but Khakpour is the coach and has every right to have strongest squad as he see fit.

This issue should have been resolved differently but more likely 2 players has little chance but join Olympic team and this decision as much as CQ and his fans wish to believe not up to CQ .

CQ has Kaveh Rezaei, Hasanzadeh, Tabrizi, Taremi ( just to name few ) in his disposals for friendly games , none of these players can play for Khakpour.
                  It's really win win case if CQ think rationally.

Comment

At the moment the more important issue is the Omid team's competition.
                    Those who tout the 2018 WC games are merely throwing sound bites around with very little thought behind it. BL and bihonar pretty much explained the issue in their recent posts.

But the hypocrisy is shown when the same ppl who say ''if Omid can't get past ...blah blah blah'', were the same who blindly and obediently repeated CQ's words when we were meeting the likes of Madagascar and whatnot.

Comment

I don't see any negative in what CQ is doing. He runs TM and he wants his full squad available. Which coach wouldn't when you are facing probably the best friendlies you will get in 2-3 years. With that said if he doesn't start them and puts them on the bench, that would not look good on him.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                        Bi Honar jan, is it not true that practicing and playing together makes you synch better? if we are ever going to get in synch and have great passing in Team Meli, we would need all of our players to attend every single team meli camp and friendlies! thats what friendlies are for! no one is blindly supporting CQ for this matter, if the omis team was playing teams like Korea, Japan and Australia then yes, i would say JB and Azmoun for the omid team! but for gods sake we are playing Afghanistan.. Nepal and saudi!!! if we cant beat these teams without JB and Azmoun then we do NOT DESERVE TO ADVANCE!
                        I think you're greatly overestimating our Omid team AND underestimating our opponents bro. It was only 6-7 months ago that our U-22 got eliminated from the Asian games in a group with Vietnam and Kyrgyzstan for god's sake. We couldn't even finish 2nd out of 3 teams in a group that we all thought was going to be a breeze. After all, neither of our opponents had advanced to the playoff rounds in the previous competition (2013 AFC U-22)!

To be certain of advancing to the next round of the Olympic qualifiers, we now have to finish 1st in a group of 5 teams. Two of those teams (Saudi Arabia and Palestine) advanced to the round of 16 from groups of 4, in the same Asian Games we couldn't advance from a group of 3! There is no room for error here, one stupid loss or even tie and our Olympic dreams are dashed once again.

We also have to be fair and apply the same arguments to both TM and our Omid team. If TM need to gel together, so does our Omid team. Even if our opponents now were super weak (which they're not), JB and Azmoun have had no other chance to play with the rest of the team and are unlikely to play with them before the U-22 championship in a few months.

That U-22 continental championship is just as important to our Omid team as the Asian Cup and WCQ (combined) are to our "A" team because it serves as both. So to be fair again and apply the same argument to both teams, if TM Omid doesn't deserve to be in that competition if they can't advance out of this group, then TM doesn't deserve to be in the WC if they can't cope without having two players in preparation for a pretty easy WCQ group.

Comment

Oh shit, Kaffashian has said that 90% we we'll play Chile - the kiss of goodbye! You might as well scratch that game from your calendar!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                            Oh shit, Kaffashian has said that 90% we we'll play Chile - the kiss of goodbye! You might as well scratch that game from your calendar!
                            Oh my god..there we go with the percentages again.

Comment

And the saga continues... Apparently, other than JB and Azmoun, CQ has picked another 3 players from Omid too: Saghebi, Ali Karimi and Motahhari are all on CQ's list!!!

This is while Kaffashian is saying the Chile game and Austria camp in general are 90% and Kashani (manager of Omid) says it's 50/50.

Comment

Let the clown show begin. And I who though we would advance to Russia...

Comment

Working...
                                X