Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If our Omid team cannot manage without Azmun and Jahanbakhsh against the likes of Saudi Arabia, Nepal, Palestine, and Afghanistan then they don't deserve to advance out of this group to begin with.

The experience these two would receive playing opposite the Swedes, Chileans, Uzbeks, and God willing Italians will benefit them and our Senior Team 10 fold to that of their participating in the U23 qualification round.

Some keep suggesting that CQ wants these two to help him win against the Swedes and Chileans. Wining is perhaps the last thing CQ is concerned about. He wants these two simply on the count of the experience they will gain with our senior team at such outings. These two amongst other youngsters he's introduced to the National Team will become the first team players for TM within the next couple of years as the result of such planning, and you and I will be the happier for it in the long run.

God only knows when TM will get another opportunity to play opposite such teams again.

It is time to allow other promising youngsters to develop with Omid at the upcoming event.
    He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt, for he has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Comment

These are the teams we are going to play

These are the results we got in the matches we played this year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_na...le_and_results

Comment

^And people think we shouldnt be able to beat them without AJ and Azmoun?

Comment

ppl its not about needing the two of them to beat weaker teams, its about using them in competitive matches that serve a purpose. should they be thrown into a team before they face a top asian side like japan, SK, australia, etc. and expect them to gel or should they start now? with that logic we shouldnt use haghighi, dejagah, reza, etc. until the final round of WCQs.

also, lets not forget how pathetic omid was at the asian games, the sad truth is they need them if they want to go far and potentially qualify for the olympics.

its beyond laughable how ppl will blindly support CQ without any logic whatsoever, it isnt a crime to question a mans decision from time to time......
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
            ppl its not about needing the two of them to beat weaker teams, its about using them in competitive matches that serve a purpose. should they be thrown into a team before they face a top asian side like japan, SK, australia, etc. and expect them to gel or should they start now? with that logic we shouldnt use haghighi, dejagah, reza, etc. until the final round of WCQs.

also, lets not forget how pathetic omid was at the asian games, the sad truth is they need them if they want to go far and potentially qualify for the olympics.

its beyond laughable how ppl will blindly support CQ without any logic whatsoever, it isnt a crime to question a mans decision from time to time......
            this u22 team is almost the same 2012 u19 team that both azmoun and jb were apart of. Even if they go play in the u22 qualifiers there's no guarantee their clubs release them in January.

Comment

You have joined the dark side now bro, God help you!

I try to refrain from making any negative comments about CQ anymore - you'll have better luck questioning God's decisions in the general forum than you will questioning anything CQ in this forum!

But joking aside, I just don't understand why CQ is having a hard-on about playing JB all of a sudden. He played him for the equivalent of one half in the WC and 70 minutes or so against the likes of Bahrain, Qatar and UAE in official matches, but now that someone says he can't have him for a couple of friendlies, his entire plan for TM is going to shits apparently!

Until now he whined and whined that friendlies are where you get to test new players and all hell broke loose because he didn't have that opportunity. Now that he has that opportunity he doesn't want to try a couple of new young and talented players and insists on using the other ones! And let's face it, we don't have any shortage of up and coming talents for AM or FWD roles.

Remember how relentlessly he insisted that Rafei's sarbazi issue must be resolved and we must have him or our chances in the Asian Cup will go down the drain?! How many minutes of playing time did Rafei end up getting in the Asian Cup after all that whining and shit hitting the fan?!

Comment

I don't think that is the case. People are making good points and I don't see anyone blindly supporting him.

The bigger problem I would say are the armchair managers who haven't spent a single minute on a professional pitch, even as a water boy, who think they they know better than a world class manager. It's beyond laughable.

I'm not speaking of you, of course. I think the level headed people on both sides are making good points and it's hard to say that one is right over the other. Although it's hard a hard argument to make when we're weighing playing against Nepal's U-23 vs Chile and Sweden.

Will JB even be eligible to play in the Olympics when the time comes? I imagine Azmoun will.
                راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                  I try to refrain from making any negative comments about CQ anymore - you'll have better luck questioning God's decisions in the general forum than you will questioning anything CQ in this forum!
                  But joking aside, I just don't understand why CQ is having a hard-on about playing JB all of a sudden. He played him for the equivalent of one half in the WC and 70 minutes or so against the likes of Bahrain, Qatar and UAE in official matches, but now that someone says he can't have him for a couple of friendlies, his entire plan for TM is going to shits apparently!
                  Until now he whined and whined that friendlies are where you get to test new players and all hell broke loose because he didn't have that opportunity. Now that he has that opportunity he doesn't want to try a couple of new young and talented players and insists on using the other ones! And let's face it, we don't have any shortage of up and coming talents for AM or FWD roles.
                  Remember how relentlessly he insisted that Rafei's sarbazi issue must be resolved and we must have him or our chances in the Asian Cup will go down the drain?! How many minutes of playing time did Rafei end up getting in the Asian Cup after all that whining and shit hitting the fan?!
                  Not on the dark side and never will be just because I am being critical of CQ doesn't mean I belittle what he has done and what he brings to TM as I am still as big as a fan as anyone else.

I too agree with the point on JB, he always talks so highly of him and yet never shows any trust in him. I guess he acknowledges that his tactics and style don't suit JB well but that's a separate issue (somewhat).

About Rafiei I'm affrraid I don't fully agree, I think CQ used him properly or atleast the right amount, perhaps maybe a few extra minutes against Bahrain or perhaps subbed him in against Iraq but Im pretty confident we will see more of him going forward. Then again we may not given his sarbazi issues....don't think I've seen him play since the AC.

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                  I don't think that is the case. People are making good points and I don't see anyone blindly supporting him.
                  The bigger problem I would say are the armchair managers who haven't spent a single minute on a professional pitch, even as a water boy, who think they they know better than a world class manager. It's beyond laughable.
                  I'm not speaking of you, of course. I think the level headed people on both sides are making good points and it's hard to say that one is right over the other. Although it's hard a hard argument to make when we're weighing playing against Nepal's U-23 vs Chile and Sweden.
                  Will JB even be eligible to play in the Olympics when the time comes? I imagine Azmoun will.
                  Really? You don't see the same people backing every single little thing he does as if he is incapable of making a questionable decision? Perhaps you don't see a trend in certain people's posts that myself and others have picked up on, and again this is coming from a very big CQ supporter.

I think anyone should be allowed to criticize a coach, it's part of being a fan. If one is being heavily critical without logic and reason then that's a different story then the situation is different. I'm not going to name any names but you and I both know the people who criticize every little thing CQ a does, those guys you are right about, they're even more laughable.

I'm fairly certain JB will be available to play in the Olympics, and Azmoun for sure as you mentioned. And again, as pathetic as it sounds given the pathetic current state of team omid Nepal u-22 is a game that needs to be taken seriously when ur losing to nations like kryzigkstan and other nations most people don't even know have football teams.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Like Vietnam 4-1 Iran.

Still I think JB and SA should be kept for team melli. This omid team either make or not. The preparations have not been well so far and they are going to have a tough time only against Saudis. If can pass Saudis then JB and SA can help them otherwise we don't need to risks their injuries over this.

Comment

About Rafiei I'm affrraid I don't fully agree, I think CQ used him properly or atleast the right amount, perhaps maybe a few extra minutes against Bahrain or perhaps subbed him in against Iraq but Im pretty confident we will see more of him going forward. Then again we may not given his sarbazi issues....don't think I've seen him play since the AC.
                      Other that in the UAE game where we were just content not playing at all and didn't really need an attacking midfielder, the poor guy only played 1 minute!

What I was trying to say is that it wouldn't have made any difference at all whether Rafei was there or not - CQ could very well have used any other central midfielder from IPL in that game and it wouldn't have made any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post

Bi Honar jan, is it not true that practicing and playing together makes you synch better? if we are ever going to get in synch and have great passing in Team Meli, we would need all of our players to attend every single team meli camp and friendlies! thats what friendlies are for! no one is blindly supporting CQ for this matter, if the omis team was playing teams like Korea, Japan and Australia then yes, i would say JB and Azmoun for the omid team! but for gods sake we are playing Afghanistan.. Nepal and saudi!!! if we cant beat these teams without JB and Azmoun then we do NOT DESERVE TO ADVANCE!

Comment

This is about the WC, plain and simple.

JB and AZ are almost certainly going to be our go to guys in the next WC. They need experience against good teams, so we don't have to rely on a last minute warmup with Palestine and Oman before the next WC.

Look how well our boys played vs Argentina in the WC. Imagine even how much better they could have played if they already had a couple games like Chile and Sweden under their belt. Then the mentality changes from "Oh shit, Its Messi, Di Maria, Higuain" to "hey we have already gone up against Ibra and Sanchez, we can take these guys too"

Ask yourselves and honest question. Next WC, when Iran opens with their first game against Paraguay, or Italy, or some team like that. Do you think JB and AZ will think "Man, I wish I played vs Sweden and Chile before" OR.... "Man, that u23 game against Saudi Arabia would have really prepared me for today".

These guys need experience against top class teams, so when they day comes during WC 2018 where they have a big game, they go in with confidence because they have done it before. Like it or not, even though these are friendlies, these games are BIG in terms of experience.

We are at a stage where we have a strong senior team, which has created an identity and showed it can hang with big teams. We need to keep this momentum going. The Olympic team has been in utter shambles for the last 35 years, up to and including yesterday.

Comment

Baba WC >>>> Everything else, end of discussion.

Comment

TM-News-

I am not a supporter of CQ on this but I know I would push for the exact same thing if I was in his position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X