X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Parvin:
    Pourheydari
    : We have to have reasonable expectations. Our clubs haven't done anything on the continental stage for years. Talking about winning the tournament is not going to make us the champion and Arabs know how to frustrate us. Qualifying from the group will be difficult!
    I agree with PH and I expect at least a place amoung the 4 best teams but knowing what these 3 dirty team are able to do will make me forget about watching the games. Qatar has won Gulf champeonship. That tells me alot.

Comment

Btw after the addition of Khanzadeh instead of Beikzadeh the mean age of TM must have gone done a bit.
      sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
      >-----------------<
      Marg bar dictator
      >-----------------<

Comment

It seems like with the dust settled, we are still predicted to do well by bookies. Here is the list:

Japan +200
        Australia +250
        South Korea +500
        Iran +650
        Uzbekistan +1400
        Saudi Arabia +2000
        UAE +2000
        China +2200
        Jordan +2800
        Iraq +3300
        North Korea +4000
        Oman +4000
        Qatar +4000
        Bahrain +8000
        Kuwait +8000
        Palestine +20000

The odds on Palestine are crazy. If they have a cinderella cup and you bet $100 on them, you will win $20,000. Insane lol. Very unlikely too, but some gambler will make that bet.

For the individual matches, I will let you guys know who are the favorites in each first group stage match and whether they are heavy favorites or not.

Australia are heavy favorites to beat Kuwait.
        SK are favorites to beat Oman, but not heavily.
        Uzbekistan are slight favorites to beat North Korea.
        The odds are split on Saudi Arabia and China. Anyone can win or tie based on the odds.
        The odds are split on UAE and Qatar. Anyone can win, and a tie is heavily possible.
        Iran are decent favorites to beat Bahrain. Not as heavy favorites as we might expect.
        Japan are astronomically favored to beat Palestine. Unbelievable odds.
        Iraq is extremely slightly favored over Jordan, but again, they are predicting a close game here.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
          Karim is Arab parast and Arab zadeh!
          You are either joking or don't have an idea who Karim is and what he's done for Iran.

Comment

^ you mean apart from single handedly losing the WCQ game vs. Bahrain in 2001?

I respect the guy, but I still can't get over him setting up three goals for Bahrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post

I respect the guy, but I still can't get over him setting up three goals for Bahrain.
              That's a pretty harsh statement about Karim.
              I wouldn't judge him, nor any other player based on a single poor performance.
              With this logic, we should crucify the likes of Daei, Shojaei, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                It seems a lot of people on these boards wouldn't mind crucifying Shojaei.

Comment

You are either joking or don't have an idea who Karim is and what he's done for Iran.
                  If this comment was made by Zandi, you would know it was a joke..

Comment

TM-News-

I generally agree, but this game cost us World Cup.

It's not like I don't appreciate his overall contributions to Iranian football because of that though.

Comment

TM-News-

Accidently thanked you on this post...meant to quote and remind you since AC is in Australia, without Karim's play the entire 98 WCQ including the miracle at melbourne, our best ever showing in a WC would never have happened So while you feel he cost us a WCQ match he was intrumental and a key player in giving us a chance to win our first WC match

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

It's not like I don't appreciate his overall contributions to Iranian football because of that though.
                        Do you mean this game?

As far as i remember and can judge from this footage recorded with a potatoe, Dinmohammadi and Hashemian (?) got sent off with straight red and a terrible blunder by Mirzapour.
                        How was Bagheri involved there?
                        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                          Do you mean this game?

As far as i remember and can judge from this footage recorded with a potatoe, Dinmohammadi and Hashemian (?) got sent off with straight red and a terrible blunder by Mirzapour.
                          How was Bagheri involved there?

And then the shitty saudi flag! I hope Iran fucks them hard and dry.
                          .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
                            And then the shitty saudi flag! I hope Iran fucks them hard and dry.
                            Ironic since it was their "Saudi" brothers who were slaughtering them in Bahrain's Arab spring. Quite a few of their footballers got arrested too.

Comment

Hence why we should always stay united against Arabs in football!

Comment

That awful night's memory will always remain with every Iranian football fan belonging to that generation.
                                I think there were many factors within and surrounding our team (apart from the dirty Bahrain and Saudi tactics) which led to that unfortunate outcome.
                                Anyway, It's now time to support our beloved TM, let's put the past aside for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X