This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
    I'm wouldn't be so sure about the positiveness of having the game in Tabriz. Don't really expect the same support as for Tractor
    Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
    you would be surprised. They've never been granted the opportunity this will actually help the regime in the sense that when that young kid gets to go to his first ever Team Melli game and watch history be made, he will leave with sense of pride which can affect the future of ways in that region. Believe me football is a powerful tool.
    You guys are probably too young to remember but Tabriz hosted several TM games between 2000 and 2002. The reception was very warm and the stadium was full each time.

Comment

TM-News-

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
      you would be surprised. They've never been granted the opportunity this will actually help the regime in the sense that when that young kid gets to go to his first ever Team Melli game and watch history be made, he will leave with sense of pride which can affect the future of ways in that region. Believe me football is a powerful tool.
      I wish it's going to be as you said but I'll believe it when I see it.

I just hope IFF and Fifa officials will make sure fans/attendance aren't going to be a "nuisance", knowing what kind of groups there can be in this stadium

Comment

Anywhere is better than a half empty Azadi.
        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
          I dont think tabriz is full seater? its just tactics to get stuff done threatening to move, why not mashad new stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
            I dont think tabriz is full seater? its just tactics to get stuff done threatening to move, why not mashad new stadium?
            what do you mean?

The stadium in Tabriz can house 70,000 fans and is approved by AFC unlike the second floor of Azadi meaning it can only house about 50,000 and look visibly half empty.

Tractor Sazi game vs. Al-Nasr had 65,000 fans.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_A...Sazi_v_Al-Nasr

This is the record attendance for ACL 2016 so far. 2nd one was Guangzhou Evergrande's group stage game with 48,000 fans.

Comment

Half empty because of renovation or be you think people won't show? Our WCQs in the final round are always sold out. I too like Zjoon am a bit skeptical about Tabriz, their fans are the biggest liability and wildcard group of fans in Iran. I would prefer it to be in AQR or if nagshe jahan is ready I'd prefer that too although I'm not sure Esfahan would fill up a 70K seater.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                Half empty because of renovation or be you think people won't show? Our WCQs in the final round are always sold out. I too like Zjoon am a bit skeptical about Tabriz, their fans are the biggest liability and wildcard group of fans in Iran. I would prefer it to be in AQR or if nagshe jahan is ready I'd prefer that too although I'm not sure Esfahan would fill up a 70K seater.
                Both. Azadi only sells out against Bahrain or SA.

I agree, Esfahan would be good as well. Anywhere but Tehran because it is the National Team, not Tehran's team.

You guys do know that Tabriz is in Iran and that not everyone there is a Tractor fan right?

Out of curiousity have any of you sceptics even been to Tabriz?

Comment

I agree, Esfahan would be good as well. Anywhere but Tehran because it is the National Team, not Tehran's team.

You guys do know that Tabriz is in Iran and that not everyone there is a Tractor fan right?

That's not true at all, azadi sells out in every single home match in the final round of WCQs, ppl don't feel compelled to go to the stadium when we play the likes of India and Guam in the second to last round of WCQs, but when it's important matches they're always there numbers don't lie.

I have not been in Tabriz no, I'm merely judging as an avid fan based on how poorly their fans have behaved. I don't understand how you can argue otherwise, they have been by far the rowdiest and most disgraceful group of fans in Iran. How many times have they ripped the seats out of their stands and throw them onto to pitch/track or curse out their own players for not performing well? I lost count....
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I'm not even sure we would sell out against Bahrain. Against South Korea we sell out on important games, like in the last edition of the wcq. And I don't see why you're using the argument it's not Tehran's team, almost every team in the world plays in their capital, except for some teams who have no real home arena and play in different arenas like Spain. Other than that I'd love to see TM play in Tabriz, since I believe it would gather a large crowd since they don't get too many home games and cause they (at least in Tractor's ACL games) create a scary atmosphere for the opponent team.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                      I'm wouldn't be so sure about the positiveness of having the game in Tabriz. Don't really expect the same support as for Tractor
                      lol those that chant khalije arabi and other stuff against iran are 5% of the population of Tabriz. The atmosphere at Sahand will be 10x that of Azadi.

Comment

Mayeli Kohan is more qualified than he is.

So sad that our federation reaches out to these clowns than actual qualified managers.

It's like IRIB reaching out to Tataloo over Shajarian for music.
                        Lol, you are free to select a mentally unstable man as the coach of your team. I'm not saying that Majidi will be an amazing coach, but I will take a young Majidi with potential over a man who is basically a ticking time bomb on the sideline. If you wanted to say that Majidi is/will be a bad coach, choosing MK as his superior probably wasn't the best idea. MK from 15 years ago, sure, but not the man we currently know.

Comment

According to Fars News, TM will have another two summer training camps

June 19th until June 29th: Armenia camp
                          July 2nd until July 17th: Austria camp

http://90tv.ir/news/256932/%D8%A8%D8...85%D8%A7%D9%87

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            That's not true at all, azadi sells out in every single home match in the final round of WCQs, ppl don't feel compelled to go to the stadium when we play the likes of India and Guam in the second to last round of WCQs, but when it's important matches they're always there numbers don't lie.

I have not been in Tabriz no, I'm merely judging as an avid fan based on how poorly their fans have behaved. I don't understand how you can argue otherwise, they have been by far the rowdiest and most disgraceful group of fans in Iran. How many times have they ripped the seats out of their stands and throw them onto to pitch/track or curse out their own players for not performing well? I lost count....
                            As someone who has been to most of those games I can tell you that your understanding is incorrect. If you don't believe me look it up. Iran vs Uzbekistan had 40,000 when they played in Tehran in the last round of the 2014 wcq. There are many teams people don't feel compelled to go to the stadium in Tehran. That's been a gripe of CQ and TM for years.

As for Tabriz, your conclusion is the same as someone concluding Iranians are all crazy because they are avid followers of news on Iran and have seen how Iranians behave. You only receive the negative news. You do know that Tractor isn't the main team in Tabriz right? And that their fans don't represent all Tabrizis right?

Fans all accross the country have behaved poorly. How many times have Basijis almost gotten us fined for their antics at Azadi? How many people have died at Azadi!?! Was it 9 agaisnt Japan 10 years ago? I mean if we were to compare incidents I'm fairly certain Azadi has every stadium beat.

Comment

^ nice..!!
                              from properly training and preparing TM for the Final round of WCQs, spending our meager TM budget on such weeklong camps are far more effective, than a friendly or 2 vs good teams..! (CQ seems to be favoring same too..??)
                              but from fan's entertainment value obviously i'd gladly take the latter..!!
                              i wish the fking corrupt-ass, theiving IFF could manage both like most other football Federations ..!

ps

i would like a WCQ be played at the new stadium in Mashhad..!! sure it may be only 25-30 K spectators but a jam-packed, loud and exited stadium would still offer more home-field advantages over a half-filled Azadi..! and its only fair for football fans of other cities across the country to get a taste of watching their national team live in their own hometown..!

Comment

I remember that the friendly between Iran and Japan (Asia's best team) had an attendance number of 13.000. Few days later Perspolis played against Saba in front 35.000 spectators.

For Tehran-based fans, their Sorkhabi teams are more improtant than TM. And as a Perspolisi, I'm getting sick of this doghotb-culture. We should give Tabriz a try, I'm sure that the stadium will be filled. In worst case you can give free admission.

Comment

Working...
                                X