X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdot View Post
    Reported. Nothing to do with TM news.
    You are wrong it is related to TM coach saying asian cup is stronger than WC

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      You are wrong it is related to TM coach saying asian cup is stronger than WC
      yes. your opinions have a lot to do with tm news. end sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
        When Qotbi promised championships, trophies etc. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon to bash the guy for "gonde goozi" and not delivering and ask him to shut his mouth and stop making big promises, and when another coach refrains from making luxurious promises and tends to stay on the more conservative and reserved side, we again condemn and accuse him of being diplomatic by bringing up excuses for the upcoming 'Failure'
        Negative foreshadowing is no different than positive foreshadowing in the world of sports. Why can't our coach(es) just shutup and respond with "we will work hard, and try our best to make everyone proud and happy..." Done and done! Why say our group is too hard, or we have to win it all...leave that crap to the pundits...just do your job! Is that asking for too much? Stop insulting our intelligence and emotions. When CQ says we have a tough task, he turns off many fans, as they think, well coach is isn't confident, team probably doesn't have a chance! Why not just commit to committing your best effort?

If you went to a car dealership and the seller said "this car doesn't stand a chance on (insert your country here) roads" or "this car will eat every car and take you to the moon and back" would you buy what he is selling? I think you would seriously question him and his product.
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          If you went to a car dealership and the seller said "this car doesn't stand a chance on (insert your country here) roads" or "this car will eat every car and take you to the moon and back" would you buy what he is selling? I think you would seriously question him and his product.
          Dear O-ZoNe,

Logically a car salesman will not knock the cars he's trying to sell, however when it comes to comparisons, any salesman with little brain won't deny the fact that performance-wise the Kia that he's trying to sell is not on par with BMW or Mercedes that next door dealers sell, it's just common sense.

I am not in any way comparing the above car examples to our team Vs. our counterparts in our group, it was merely in reference to your car salesmanship example. Plus CQ never alluded such implications as "We stand no chance" etc. I think you may have quoted out of context, by such exaggerated interpretation.

Comment

We're clearly and factually NOT in a tough group. In fact and as I said earlier, this is the easiest group we've had in the Asian Cup with the new format. It is also the easiest group for one of Asia's top four or six team teams in this tournament. So making the statement that we're in a tough group is what I call a weasel clause and no one wants to hear that type of thing from the coach of a team whose fans have very high expectations.

What fans want to hear from a team grouped with opponents that are way below it is that we will be playing to advance as the top team in the group, but we can't take any of our opponents lightly - pretty standard stuff you hear from any decent coach in a similar situation. It's really not much to ask for, that TM's coach thinks more highly of Iran to think that the likes of Qatar, Bahrain and UAE do not constitute a tough grouping.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
              We're clearly and factually NOT in a tough group. In fact and as I said earlier, this is the easiest group we've had in the Asian Cup with the new format. So making the statement that we're in tough group is what I call a weasel clause and no one wants to hear that type of thing from the coach of a team whose fans have very high expectations.
              What fans want to hear from a team grouped with opponents that are way below it is that we will be playing to advance as the top team in the group, but we can't take any of our opponents lightly - pretty standard stuff you hear from any decent coach in a similar situation. It's really not much to ask for, that TM's coach thinks more highly of Iran to think that the likes of Qatar, Bahrain and UAE constitute a tough grouping.
              That exactly what we said with our AFC U19 and Asian games group. I am never over confident, Iran is able to do the best and also the worst...

What I don't like is us playing 3 arab countries in the group stage, get used to their sh1tty way of playing (slow and weak physical, grass rolling...) before maybe facing other style from the quarters (Japan, Australia, Uzbek, thailand, NK, etc...). It reminds me ACL when iranian teams won against arabs clubs before losing straight to the first east asian side met.

Comment

It seems Iran will play South African NT in december according to the front page...

Comment

It seems Iran will play South African NT in december according to the front page...
                  The source is Tehran Times. You really believe in those lies?

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                    We're clearly and factually NOT in a tough group. In fact and as I said earlier, this is the easiest group we've had in the Asian Cup with the new format. It is also the easiest group for one of Asia's top four or six team teams in this tournament. So making the statement that we're in a tough group is what I call a weasel clause and no one wants to hear that type of thing from the coach of a team whose fans have very high expectations.

What fans want to hear from a team grouped with opponents that are way below it is that we will be playing to advance as the top team in the group, but we can't take any of our opponents lightly - pretty standard stuff you hear from any decent coach in a similar situation. It's really not much to ask for, that TM's coach thinks more highly of Iran to think that the likes of Qatar, Bahrain and UAE do not constitute a tough grouping.
                    We always had a hard time beating UAE, Bahrain and Qatar except for one game at the Asian Cup and that crazy wcq game in Tehran. Other than that all these opponents are a pain in our asses not because they are better, but because TM tend to get a mental block when playing Arab teams.

Comment

http://www.supersport.com/football/b...na_in_friendly
                      Last edited by aenima_8; 11-11-2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                        The matches ended 2-0 and 1-0 respectively as Iran lost."
                        Collins Okinyo chert o pert goft

Comment

Hahahaha I didn't notice that. I'll edit the poor guys article for him

Comment

That exactly what we said with our AFC U19 and Asian games group. I am never over confident, Iran is able to do the best and the worst...
                            I don't know what you mean by "we", but I personally didn't think we were in easy groups for those tournament.

As far as the U-19, we had barely made it out of the group stage in that tournament in the previous 6 outings, so it's not like we were among Asia's best and we had been grouped with Asia's worst to expect that we should have easily beaten them.

Also, you have to appreciate that players don't stay with the U-19 or U-22 team for years like they do in the full NT's to develop a consistently good team. In other words the team that participates in one tournament (particularly at the lower age groups) is a completely different team than the one that participated in the last tournament or will be participating in the next tournament and there really isn't enough data to extrapolate the potential performance of any given team or to make a statement that they are strong or weak.

We of course had more of a history in the Asian games, but Vingada hadn't one a single game being in charge of the team, so it would have been premature and/or unrealistic to think or say we were very strong compared to our opponents. CQ on the other hand is the most experienced and high profile coach in the Asian Cup, he has been with Iran for 3-1/2 years and Iran has consistently be in the Asia's top 4-6 teams with or without him, so not only our status as a team is much higher than our opponents, so are the expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              We always had a hard time beating UAE, Bahrain and Qatar except for one game at the Asian Cup and that crazy wcq game in Tehran. Other than that all these opponents are a pain in our asses not because they are better, but because TM tend to get a mental block when playing Arab teams.
                              We have never lost to UAE in a competitive match (meaning a non-friendly) Kiarash jaan and our record against them including friendlies is 11-3-1 (W-D-L). I don't think that's a record that suggests we have had a hard time beating them - quite the contrary, we have beaten them comfortably with some of our crappiest coaches.

Similarly, we have not lost a single competitive match to either Qatar or Bahrain in the last decade. Our record against Bahrain in competitive matches for that period is 3-2-0 including a 6-0 win in the qualifiers for this Asian Cup last year and against Qatar it is 4-3-0. So, although I agree with you that we don't always beat these teams (which is just the nature of football for even some of the best teams in the world), I think it's a bit unkind to say that we always struggle to beat them.

And it would be a real stretch to take that a lot further (as CQ did) to say that 3 teams that we have not lost a single competitive match to in the last decade comprise a tough group for us (aside from the other reasons I mentioned in my previous posts).

Comment

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2014/11/12/going-morocco/
                                Last edited by aenima_8; 11-11-2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X